Bug - Normal No key bundle from Accursed Experiments treasure node

Discussion in 'Known Issues & Bugs' started by TonyPartridge30, Apr 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM.

  1. TonyPartridge30

    TonyPartridge30 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2017
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    72
    I was playing Accursed Experiments today and beat the treasure node. I got some gold and a silver move as the reward; no keys (not the 3 bronze, 2 silver, or 1 gold key prizes that are possible from the node). I then checked the rewards for 100% completion and saw that no keys were listed in that reward; only gold and 10 skill points for each character. Were keys removed as rewards from Accursed Experiments?

    Edit: ignore the part about the 100% completion; forgot that the 1 of each key reward comes from the boss node.
     
    #1 TonyPartridge30, Apr 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018 at 5:19 AM
    Zuzuska likes this.
  2. Fel

    Fel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2017
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    189
    ACCURSED EXPERIMENTS REWARDS
    • Any Fight Completion
      • 70%: No BB Reward
      • 20%: Random Silver BB or SM
      • 10%: Random Gold BB or SM
    • Boss Node Completion
      • 50,000x Canopy Coins
      • 1x Bronze Key
      • 1x Silver Key
      • 1x Gold Key
    • Treasure Node Completion
      • 1 Key Bundle
        • 50%: 3x Bronze Key
        • 30%: 2x Silver Key
        • 20%: 1x Gold Key
    • 100% Completion (all 8 Fights)
      • 100,000x Canopy Coins
      • 10x Skill Points (for each Character)

        You aren't guaranteed a key for Treasure node. The only guaranteed keys are for beating the boss node.
     
  3. TonyPartridge30

    TonyPartridge30 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2017
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    72
    Are you sure that the stats on the treasure node doesn't mean that the key bundle has a 50% chance of being 3 bronze, 30% being 2 silver, and 20% of being 1 gold? Seems to me that a treasure node that is not guaranteed to grant some kind of treasure is kind of strange.
     
  4. Fel

    Fel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2017
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    189
    They're individual chances, don't know if its intentional or not.
     
  5. TonyPartridge30

    TonyPartridge30 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2017
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    72
    When you look at the chances for relics (Premiere Relic, for example), you see the chances listed out as percentages, just like the treasure node. The chances add up to 100%, just like the treasure node. You don't have a chance of getting nothing from a relic; it's one of three potential rewards that all have different probabilities. The treasure node says that you get some sort of key bundle for completion; it doesn't make sense if the one of the potential rewards for the bundle is no keys at all. Those percentages you listed have to be the weighted probabilities for the potential rewards of the bundle. Getting no keys at all must be a bug of some sort.

    Edit: you don't even need to use the Relics as comparison. On the list you provided from that update, take a look at the entry for "Any Fight Completion". It explicitly states that each node has a 70% chance of granting no BB reward. By their own convention, they let you know when the chance for a reward to be nothing exists. The key bundle doesn't say that it has a 50% chance of being empty. Ergo, not getting one of the 3 listed key bundles is a bug.
     
  6. Fel

    Fel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2017
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    189
    I never said it was intentional, I even stated I didn't know if it was or not. I was just stating that the chances are currently counted as individual instances. Or the percentages itself are just bugged.
     
  7. TonyPartridge30

    TonyPartridge30 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2017
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    72
    You did originally say that you’re not guaranteed a key bundle from the treasure node. And to that I am saying that is not true, or at least it shouldn’t be.
     

Share This Page