• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL - 5.4.1 Update Notes - Parallel Realms and the Backstage Pass

Tysm, awesome!!!! Great work!!! Tytytytytytyty

Can we have tickets for parallel realms or something? Seems too restrictive to only be able to play one difficulty every 3 days (even the current one difficulty daily is too little)

Reactions: pene
A bit of background, I'm a fairy end game player, lv70 with a quite bit of lv60 diamond fighters.
So after the update, I try out Parallel Realms, with the highest difficulty possible, which is Master, I had a few tidbits to share:
- Finish Pallarel Realms only count as finish 2 floors on the mission track, don't know if it's a bug or not.
- I can manage to clear out all three stage with 1 fighter only, which is Tres Chic (and a SG as support but I don't really need her much), Fighter with regen, bleed, drain will be best fit for thís mode imho.
- There seem to be some incredible Artifacts, and crucial with the mode setting like: Heal for 10% of your damage, gain miasma when using Block Buster.
- The first two stage was easy, end up with stage a last boss with around 20k fighter score.
- Their health pool, whist pretty high FS, is pretty poor compare to Prize Fight, my Tres Chic can finish them off with 1 or 2 lv10 Counter Venom, and also heal me up quite a bit with the artifact mention above.
- The mode seem to have more defensive variants, I played once so I don't know if that's intentionally or not. I saw many Dreadlock, Xenomorph, G.I Jazz, Immoral Fiber in all three stages.
- Fighter have MA, and it's seem to be fixed? But all the painwheel that I faced all have Tainted and that's a bit unfair.

About the update:
- The new fighter look rad, and by looking at the Catalog and reading their SA, they're pretty strong imo, stronger than most of their peer. If this is the way dev want to push more Back Stage pass then it's really not good for F2P players.
- With the new fighters list already out in near future, the number of Diamond and Gold variants each fighter have will be very skew, some have 4 diamond already (Annie and Double) while someone only have 2 (Eliza)
- There are some track mission that downright impossible to do for someone that not have much time to play like me. Spend 1MIL coin in Weekly Mission, spend 10k skill point, and 5mil coin (heck, a fully MA diamond only need around 8k point and 5mil to fully upgrade), level up move 50 times, evolve 20 fighters. As I said before, this is pretty hard for someone as middle as me, but also extremly hard for newer players, spare end end game player and or whale that have that much spending power in coin and skill points each month and week to complete them. If the dev want to enticing players from all range, giving them more reasonable challenge that you already have, like reach streak 30 (which is very hard already for new players)

With the game go on, I'm really afraid that the game will go in the direction of Warframe, where the dev just piling up more challenge, more mechanic, more everything that gated off newer players and some game mode that can be only play with extreme min maxing that only end game player can pull off

I still stand by what I said in Roadmap post, I don't like battlepass. And the thing I think I forgot to mention in that post is ofc FOMO that I hate oh so much about this kind of predatory tactics.
So far, the only trylly once-and-gone things seem to be the avatars. So far...
At least if I understood correctly and exclusive fighters will join common relics somewhen in next expdate(s).

Only now I can add that the lack of regional pricing especially hurts here (it always did and deterred me from buying anything in the past).

Reactions: MatDestruction
I MUST CONFESS..... This new update has invigorated my dieing enthusiasm for the game, I was hanging on a thread to quit playing then this update rolled in and everything is perfect... I haven't felt this happiness about playing again like ever before.... I'm buying the backstage pass asap! THANK YOU HIDDEN VARIABLES!

Ps: I'M SOOOOO LOVING FINAL FANG! WE HAVE OUR OWN KAKASHI IN SKULL GIRLS! GOOD HEAVENS! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HER!

Parallel realms reminds me improved "Virtual Frontier" from Idol Showdown. Now i could play SGM much more 😙

Reactions: MrNoggin
**And by "took notes" I mean "just straight-up photocopied Hoyoverse's homework" and I am here for it.
And here I was literally about to sit down and do math to figure it out myself lol

I had a feeling, the team likes to give us lots of leeway. I just didn’t want to do the rift mission 😬

Few questions/concerns.

1. Why hasn’t the price of Black Dahlia’s SP/Variants go down in the Cabinet? They’ve been at x2 price for 2 updates now when they usually go down to normal after 1.

2. Is there any specific reason why you stopped giving 100+ Move and Fighter Limit space per new Character release? (i.e. Umbrella, Black Dahlia and presumably Marie + future characters if this trend persists.) Can we start getting that back?

3. I fear that this game may be slowly creeping towards a P2W model with slow incremental changes (more aggressive store ads, moving free mailbox rewards to the store, the new Battlepass, making certain resources that were previously easier to get more difficult, etc.) and while I hope to be wrong, I can’t help but feel like I’ve seen some of these changes in other more F2P Friendly games that eventually turn the game from: Whales can (obviously) have an advantage over everyone else, but F2P players can work hard to close the gap, to Whales have such an unbelievable advantage over everyone else that means either a) you HAVE to spend money to close that gap, or b) you have to work so hard that no one but SUPER hardcore F2P players (10 hours+) can close the gap by having an unbelievable amount of time than your average person has to invest to max everything

4. Will there ever be any easier ways to get Elemental Exclusives? I don’t mind them being more difficult than other variants to get + none of them are so good that you NEED them but it with how long they’ve been in the game, they were a lot easier to get when there were less characters + variants in the gold pool and will only get harder as we get more characters. They used to be in Monthly Relics but have long since not shown up.

Also some small requests

1. Buffing powercrept/underutilized variants like Ultraviolent, Rainbow Blight, Time Thief, Heavy Handed, Star-Spangled, Brain Freeze, almost every Big Band variant lol, Untouchable, Raw Nerv, Temple Tyrant, Myst Match. Im really surprised that Ultraviolent didn’t get a buff in the same patch that deadeye was introduced, seemed like the easiest Alley-oop to me (c’mon they’re both purple)

2. More variants that require obscure move uses. Alter Ego is a super cool step in the right direction and I hope to see more SAs like that. I’d like to have more reasons to use moves like Lock N Load, Egret Moto, Center Stage, Cerecopter, etc. Also, #BuffLenny (pls)

3. With the Peacock + Painwheel changes, (great changes btw) one thing that has stood out to me is that Flight Risk Dash Attack has 0 utility at all, it’s unsafe on block AND hit AND doesn’t combo into ANYTHING.

3. With the Peacock + Painwheel changes, (great changes btw) one thing that has stood out to me is that Flight Risk Dash Attack has 0 utility at all, it’s unsafe on block AND hit AND doesn’t combo into ANYTHING.
You can use flight dash attack as a blockstring to do a Neuro cycle: fly-dash-d1-l4-BB3 rinse and repeat. It is particularly useful when you have your special moves disabled and is easier to learn than the Gae Bolga version of the Neuro cycle

You can use flight dash attack as a blockstring to do a Neuro cycle: fly-dash-d1-l4-BB3 rinse and repeat. It is particularly useful when you have your special moves disabled and is easier to learn than the Gae Bolga version of the Neuro cycle
At best, that’s cool I guess but pretty much every other PW variant has no real reason to use it.

Also how consistent is that at high level when the ai can potentially launcher, or special move -> combo, new peacock evade consistently?

Also just checked and there’s a decent gap in-between Flight Dash Attack and Regular Dash Attack where you could prob counter it without reads and at best is probably has max potential as a mixup (outside of Neuro).

Keep getting flagged for spam in a reply so I’ll reply here:

Fair enough, seems I was kinda wrong. AI in this game can range from unrealistically god mode to extremely robotic (i.e. Eliza AI consistent corner sweeps), however still leaves a few things left to consider.

1) Most Painwheels see no benefit to FRDA

2) The video is about 1 month old where the new peacock change is about a couple days old and is another potential counter measure to FR and it’s effect has yet to be fully seen.

3) I still somewhat question how consistent a cheese strat is over multiple matches against high level AI. For example, some high level AI get hit consistently by Wulf Shoot spam or even Charge Attack cheese spam, whereas some AI countermeasure rather quickly/burst spam (which really needs to be curbed imo). I’ll admit that even worse case scenario is prob character/enemy loadout dependent (i.e. FRDA vs. Battle Butt, Lock N’Load, Any DP, well timed launcher, etc.)

Last edited:
Hipocresía y mediocridad ...por que no censuran también cuando golpean a Umbrella o cuando Beo o big golpean a las chicas.. Este juego ya no tiene sentido ... A perdido su esencia.. se podría solucionar insertando una opción como en otros juegos de cambiar el arte entre el original y el censurado gracias....

I have a few questions about parallel worlds:
1) Why can't I resurrect a character during combat with a passive ability. In particular, this applies to the bioexorcist, which loses most of its potential. I understand that there is a modifier, but still...
2) Why can't I reuse a hero if he has a full health scale, since he was in stock. He didn't die, I lost by time, not by death.
3) Will the modifiers change over time, or are they always the same? If they are the same from time to time, then only heroes with high base damage, receiving buffs or having recovery are playable in this mode.

5.4.1 is releasing today! This is a small update that is mainly bug fixes and adjustments for things added in 5.4.

PARALLEL REALMS

• Fixed an issue where Fights in Parallel Realms did not grant Gifts.
  • Fixed an issue where some text could overlap in Japanese.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to access the final node on Area 3.
  • Fixed an issue where some ATK and HP Modifiers were not translated correctly.

BACKSTAGE PASS

• Fixed an issue where completing 3 Floors in Parallel Realms did not count towards Goals.
  • Fixed an issue where Evolving a Fighter did not count towards the Unlocking Prestige Abilities Goal.

COMBAT ADJUSTMENTS

• Fixed an issue where it was possible to do an infinite combo with Painwheel's new Character Ability button.
  • Fixed an issue where Annie - Starlight Rose did not remove the correct number of debuffs.
  • Fixed an exploit with Annie - Triple Threat’s Signature Ability where her buffs would not expire correctly. To fix this, the buffs applied by her SA1 are no longer permanent and will expire as intended.

MISC ADJUSTMENTS

• Adjusted the font size and spacing in chat.
  • Fixed an issue where it was briefly possible to repeatedly claim rewards on certain nodes.
  • Fixed an issue where Origin Stories did not grant Keys upon completion.
  • Fixed an issue where Dueling someone with an Exclusive Avatar could cause a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where some Kill Joy Offers showed Surgeon General on the banner.