• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Raining Champ Umbrella receiving 0 damage

Woodchopp3r

Reaction score
Enemy team has Raining Champ Umbrella as their point with Model Leader Annie (and Claw and Order Ms. Fortune) in reserves.

Every time Annie gives Umbrella extra defense, Umbrella just stops taking damage.

The weirdest part is that my lower power fighters DO damage Umbrella, but the character im supposed to carry with doesn't? Why is this happening?

You should check your Piercing stat.
At certain level of Defense and Armor buff, without Piercing stat you'll be dealing 0 damage like that.
I think at maximum Defense value, you should have at least 30% Piercing to do any damage at all.

You should check your Piercing stat.
At certain level of Defense and Armor buff, without Piercing stat you'll be dealing 0 damage like that.
I think at maximum Defense value, you should have at least 30% Piercing to do any damage at all.
But with only 3 stacks of defense?

idk, seems lately that defense is doing more than what it says it should be doing

Each stack of Armor gives +20% Defense, adding to any Defense the fighter naturally has from their Moves and Skill Tree. Unlike the Defense gained from Moves, however, Armor is not capped at 50% damage reduction -- with at least 40% Defense from Moves and Skills, 3 stacks of Armor will push any fighter over 100%, making them appear nigh-invincible. The Model Leader you mention buffing the Raining Champ was likely an even tougher nut to crack, since she is typically built with the Blueshift Marquee Ability, allowing her to hit 110% Defense against short combos with only one Armor stack. (And wouldn't ya know it, Model's Signature Ability gives her both Armor to hit that Defense total and Auto-Block to make your combos short.)

As TouchMe suggested, Piercing directly reduces the defender's Defense, letting you get damage in even when they have over 100% Defense due to Armor stacks. You can also use the Deadeye buff (most common on Black Dahlia) to ignore Defense entirely.