• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

SG Custom Profile Avatars

Mornedil

Reaction score
For years we've had this beautiful thread for making and sharing custom fighter cards.

I figured, now that the developers introduced Exclusive Avatars, why not make a thread for making and sharing our custom avatars?

I've made a photoshop template where you can easily swap the backgrounds and insert your custom character art.
You can download the photoshop file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jltpfpc8sat498k/Skullgirls_Custom_Profile_Icons.psd?dl=0

For those of you who don't have photoshop:
Below are all the different layers that you can copy-paste into any editing software of your choice.
All images are 256x256 pixels.

Images (in order): Border, Bottom border overlay, Fire, Water, Air, Light, Dark, Red, Blue

Everything has been custom-drawn. I've tried to make it as accurate as possible~
Border.pngBorder_Overlay.pngbg_fire.pngbg_water.pngbg_air.pngbg_light.pngbg_dark.pngbg_red.pngbg_blue.png

Here's some examples:

examples.png

Tip: I got the images of Clawroline and Beowulf by taking screenshots in-game! They're background characters from different stages.

DISCLAIMER:
I will copy-paste this from the Cellsai's original Custom Fighter Card thread, as this applies to this thread as well:
Feel free to post your works in here! HOWEVER there's a couple of stipulations:
Note from Hidden Variable Studios:
Any cards shared in this thread, or elsewhere, may be used by HVS without any credit / acknowledgement.
What this means is please do not complain that HVS stole your ideas and put them in the game. There's only a limited pool of characters and palettes to choose from, so there's a chance that anything you make in here may also be what Hidden Variable Studios came up with by themselves. We're using their assets and characters to make these fake cards, so be nice.

If you have any questions or feedback on these fan art cards, post away!

Last edited:
Yo question. Is there a way to make the screenshots have like insane resolution? Because even with the graphics thingy at max taking screnshots on phone just puts out a 1080 x 485. For example your Beo from Annie's stage I can nowhere near that size or quality o.o

Yo question. Is there a way to make the screenshots have like insane resolution? Because even with the graphics thingy at max taking screnshots on phone just puts out a 1080 x 485. For example your Beo from Annie's stage I can nowhere near that size or quality o.o

It would be limited to your phone's resolution.

The characters come out blurry in my screenshots too but I do some photoshop magic until they look better.
- Upscale image (i use bilinear scaling mode for drawn content like Skullgirls, it prevents some artifacts)
- sometimes I add a subtle Oil Paint filter if the quality is very bad (you can see it on my Clawroline avatar, she was super tiny in the background)
- Smart sharpen filter to bring it back in focus (but be careful with the settings, too strong and you get ugly contrasting outlines)

Edit:
Besides that, other ways to get character images that I can think of:
- Use screenshots from 2nd Encore.
- Google skullgirls characters (but make sure to not accidentally steal someone's fan art without their consent)
- Get images from the official Skullgirls Wiki

(and of course there's always the option to draw them lol)

Last edited:
Great stuff! I can't wait to see what creative stuff people can come up with this, especially with the plethora of art, character frames, and unique background characters at our disposal >:]

export202307250922464890.pngexport202307251435004000.png
Here are a couple i made featuring Marie and Peacock (from the Soundtrack cover art and Peacock's story mode respectively)

export202307251158041050.png
Also made one of the Owl guy from the Sonic OVA because idk. I'm not sure if this is even allowed so I might have to delete it :_)

Reactions: Mornedil