• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
2019 Edit: A lot of the initial post in this thread is wildly out of date, and there's newer better tools for making custom cards. I've moved most of the the original post into Spoilers.

Here's where you can make custom palettes for any of the cast:
https://sgmpalette.netlify.com/

Here's where you can make custom cards (using your new fancy palettes if you wish):
https://sgmcard.netlify.com/

Feel free to post your works in here! HOWEVER there's a couple of stipulations:
Note from Hidden Variable Studios:
Any cards shared in this thread, or elsewhere, may be used by HVS without any credit / acknowledgement.
What this means is please do not complain that HVS stole your ideas and put them in the game. There's only a limited pool of characters and palettes to choose from, so there's a chance that anything you make in here may also be what Hidden Variable Studios came up with by themselves. We're using their assets and characters to make these fake cards, so be nice.

zl3HteA.png
XsX0WaG.png
0IFtE1e.png
EL8RtQ4.png

To do this I made a pretty simple Photoshop file for swapping in different pieces. I figured it'd be fun to give it to y'all so you can make your own cards too!
You can get the Photoshop file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PCHvZw5oJuUVtUrB9HpRSaLWUxOHnwlG
You'll also need the Washington Bold font for all the text: https://www.fontyukle.net/en/Washington+D+Bold.ttf

If you don't have access to Photoshop, I've also made some simple templates you can try to mess around with in whatever art programs you do like:
DQFvBIa.png
KXjux5F.png
K35ltZq.png
Yl4ai2P.png
0EVafn3.png
g9PemBN.png
wNyTBn3.png
LApkF7P.png
Qr1kgTV.png
MbqaMVp.png
iC1pUpN.png
V1tEycw.png
hsER1c5.png
aZS8Gh9.png
2GuY1Le.png
Here's all the text pieces you'll need:
QBTGrK4.png

The templates I've made aren't perfect, but they should be pretty servicible at least.

Feel free to post your works in here! HOWEVER there's a couple of stipulations:
Note from Hidden Variable Studios:
Any cards shared in this thread, or elsewhere, may be used by HVS without any credit / acknowledgement.
What this means is please do not complain that HVS stole your ideas and put them in the game. There's only a limited pool of characters and palettes to choose from, so there's a chance that anything you make in here may also be what Hidden Variable Studios came up with by themselves. We're using their assets and characters to make these fake cards, so be nice.

If you have any questions or feedback on these fan art cards, post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh, this just gave me an idea. What if we could use screenshots to create our own versions of cards? We could take a certain pose for a character and use that as a replacement for what the card usually had. For instance, I would love to use Filia’s win animation where she’s like a flag. It’s so cute.

So uh, this just gave me an idea. What if we could use screenshots to create our own versions of cards? We could take a certain pose for a character and use that as a replacement for what the card usually had. For instance, I would love to use Filia’s win animation where she’s like a flag. It’s so cute.

That's the idea!

7AWTwmR.png

(I was too lazy to get a different palette :p )

That's the idea!
Do correct me if I’m wrong, but I got the impression that Shawesome was talking about implementing this as a feature into the actual game where cards could be customised, which I personally think sounds quite cool in theory but might not be worth the effort for the developers in practice.

Anyway, I don’t use Ps but I do dabble in GIMP occasionally so I think I might give this a go at some point. Thanks for the resources, Cellsai!

Do correct me if I’m wrong, but I got the impression that Shawesome was talking about implementing this as a feature into the actual game where cards could be customised, which I personally think sounds quite cool in theory but might not be worth the effort for the developers in practice.

Anyway, I don’t use Ps but I do dabble in GIMP occasionally so I think I might give this a go at some point. Thanks for the resources, Cellsai!
Yeah, I was implying a feature in the actual game. Still tho, thanks for that one @Cellsai!

YOU'RE A GOD, CEL.
A god.
Truly.
Making mine when I get home, already got the pngs.

Hello, I am a mobile user can you please tell me where I can get the palletes Id likd to make a Jojo Eliza and Peacock! Thank you in advance and can you please reccomend me a photo shop for mobile that works best for this! Thank you!

Hello, I am a mobile user can you please tell me where I can get the palletes Id likd to make a Jojo Eliza and Peacock! Thank you in advance and can you please recommend me a photo shop for mobile that works best for this! Thank you!

No idea what apps to use for photo manipulation on phones I'm afraid!
I use art assets from the PC game. You can buy the full Digital Art Compendium that has all of SG's animation frames over on the Skullgirls.com store.
I know @Ooferion plays the PC game and screencaps the frames he wants, which lets him get all the different palettes too.

Would it be at all possible to add Rainbow Blight's neutral element to the collection here?

Reactions: TRIX
Wow did you draw Cellsai yourself? I actually thought that was a character I didn’t know about and googled it lol

Wow did you draw Cellsai yourself? I actually thought that was a character I didn’t know about and googled it lol
If you play Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PC/Consoles you might be able to spot me on Glass Canopy ;D
Glass Canopy.jpg
(also Severin, Zone-tan, CopperDabbit in this particular set!)

Eliza 19, Red.png
went with water because "current" puns can be made and also a blue backdrop works better with this palette than light because there'd be too much gold going on within the card's frame. i haven't been able to come up with a good variant name but i brainstormed everything else about how she could be over on this other forum post
frame from Eliza's neutral jump, taken from pc screenshot

Here's all the text pieces you'll need:
the shadow on the period and K under FS & Level is going in the wrong direction, the letter N is missing from the Variant Names, and Squigly's name is missing from Character Names (though we can just put it together from the letters given)
I use art assets from the PC game. You can buy the full Digital Art Compendium that has all of SG's animation frames over on the Skullgirls.com store.
i misunderstood this and thought the Digital Art Compendium had all the frames for every palette (it doesn't!) Oh well, money well spent! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookie and Psyche
@Cellsai feel free to add some part of this post to your original post:
sorry for 2 consecutive posts, i felt this needed a separate one :(
SPECIAL, GOLD final thresh1+2CRPedt.png
spliced together a bunch of gold specials to bring you this!
two roughly 6x6 pixel sections weren't covered among the screenshots i took; thankfully, however, i'm no stranger to pixel art and was able to fake up those spots. i will not make the bronze and silver specials because in the end all you need is gold, and i have almost none of those in my collection in addition to this was tiring. i will not do the blockbusters at all.

the shadow on the period and K under FS & Level is going in the wrong direction, the letter N is missing from the Variant Names, and Squigly's name is missing from Character Names (though we can just put it together from the letters given)
Fixed! Thanks for spotting them!
@Cellsai feel free to add some part of this post to your original post:
Thanks! I wasn't sure if folks would actually want special move templates, but I whipped up a batch just in case!
I'll get around to BBs at some other point!
f8hhRIA.png

03wYaKq.png