"SURGEON GENERAL" - Strategy and Discussion

Discussion in 'Valentine' started by Liam, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Liam

Liam Not An Actual Robot
    Hidden Variable Dev

May 17, 2017
    This thread is for discussing Valentine's new Gold variant, "SURGEON GENERAL".
    General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
    It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.
    #1 Liam, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Tom Kulczewski likes this.
  2. AFI

AFI New Member

Jun 25, 2017
    I always thought that Valentine was meant to be a sort of team healer support character. Unfortunately for her all of her variants that have heals kind of suck and are unreliable.

Icy Hot aside from the problem of having atrocious stats also has the problem of only giving 6 seconds of regen to her allies when they tag in which is pitifully low. Graveyard Shift also has healing and it is in a bigger quantity, but it’s incredibly unreliable. She can give herself 15 seconds of regen if she kills something, but with barely 3000 Attack good luck. She also gives her teammates 15 seconds of regen if one of her teammates dies, but that can only happen twice a match and last time I checked having my team member die wasn’t that beneficial. Last Hope gives an actually decent heal with Heavy Regen for 10 seconds after an ally falls below 25% health, but this only happens once and it’s not going to help you survive an Inferno Brigade or Strike Up the Band or any other powerful blockbuster that brings you that low unless you’re a Resonant Evil Big Band.

Finally we have Surgeon General. She can give her allies 15 seconds of Heavy Regen Which mans 30% percent of their health and it also comes with immunity which is going to help her tanky allies like Resonant Evil even more by protecting them from Armour Break. And unlike the other heals this is going to trigger every 30 seconds, much more reliable than other Valentine heals. And to top it all off Surgeon General has a permanent and reliable Enrage buff to herself that can turn her into a monster at the end of a match.

Surgeon General blows every other Valentine out of the water and in my opinion is one of the best fighters in the game with her awesome team support and dps.
    EmeraldSkirmish likes this.
  3. IvyLeague

IvyLeague Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Surgeon General seems to be the best Val. I'm curious about getting Silent Kill, since her debuff can really make a difference while fighting.
  4. Tom Kulczewski

Jun 8, 2017
    Personally prefer SK since the debuff is almost always brutal, and since I don't think the fights usually last long enough for SG's SA to be worth it.