• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Umbrella exploit 3 hits

lanalanita

Reaction score
you can do a infinite 3 hits combo with umbrella

the problem is that this leaves you without a shield and ruins the game experience for the opponent

bug video

bug in another mode @evilgordo

Last edited:
Is this only happening in Versus mode?

Is this only happening in Versus mode?
can do with any umbrella variant

with this skill tree, you can try the exploit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-150849_Skullgirls~2.png
    Screenshot_20230628-150849_Skullgirls~2.png
    951.2 KB · Views: 2
can do with any umbrella variant

with this skill tree, you can try the exploit
Yes, Umbrella's 3-string combo is quick and can keep the pressure on a blocking opponent.

But only in Versus mode is there the Guard Meter/Guard Crush mechanic. The Guard Meter (shield) is so opponents do not block the entire match and run out the clock.

In any other mode there is no Guard Meter to 'exploit', the opponent can block for as long as they want/can.

Can you perform your 3-hit exploit in any other mode?

Yes, Umbrella's 3-string combo is quick and can keep the pressure on a blocking opponent.

But only in Versus mode is there the Guard Meter/Guard Crush mechanic. The Guard Meter (shield) is so opponents do not block the entire match and run out the clock.

In any other mode there is no Guard Meter to 'exploit', the opponent can block for as long as they want/can.

Can you perform your 3-hit exploit in any other mode?
bug in another mode, prize fights (versus the AI)

bug in another mode, prize fights (versus the AI)
Hmmm, still not convinced it is a bug. But I'm no Dev.

Spamming moves quickly, over and over is an early approach and it is effective until opponents are too strong and have a strategy to play around it.

In your first Versus example, the opponent may have not had the knowledge/experience about their Guard Meter, so you were able to exploit Umbrella's 3-string combo to Guard Crush and get hits. I'm sure if you did Umbrella's full combo string, they'd still be blocking until Guard Crush triggered.

exploit.jpg

The second example is similar in that Big Band was bronze and even blocking they took chip damage, then the AI tried to attack with a poke (A), but Umbrella was already dashing low (B) and got in with a hit. Then after the combo, there was a 1-2 combo and the AI recovered and was able to block, which you then finished with chip damage.

I'd wager that against stronger opponents and more aggressive AI, this 3-hit combo will not work every time. Sure, you'll get the occasional hit when they try to counter, but with enough health they will gain meter and can launch a BB counter attack.

Reactions: Stone
Hmmm, still not convinced it is a bug. But I'm no Dev.

Spamming moves quickly, over and over is an early approach and it is effective until opponents are too strong and have a strategy to play around it.

In your first Versus example, the opponent may have not had the knowledge/experience about their Guard Meter, so you were able to exploit Umbrella's 3-string combo to Guard Crush and get hits. I'm sure if you did Umbrella's full combo string, they'd still be blocking until Guard Crush triggered.

View attachment 19700

The second example is similar in that Big Band was bronze and even blocking they took chip damage, then the AI tried to attack with a poke (A), but Umbrella was already dashing low (B) and got in with a hit. Then after the combo, there was a 1-2 combo and the AI recovered and was able to block, which you then finished with chip damage.

I'd wager that against stronger opponents and more aggressive AI, this 3-hit combo will not work every time. Sure, you'll get the occasional hit when they try to counter, but with enough health they will gain meter and can launch a BB counter attack.
on versus mode the opponent can't do anything, only lose the guard, and you can do the world longest combo

versus the IA, is very different the situation, there's no guard as you said

if you have very good skill, you can take advantage and beat the ai, but is more difficult than versus mode

on versus mode the opponent can't do anything, only lose the guard, and you can do the world longest combo

versus the IA, is very different the situation, there's no guard as you said

if you have very good skill, you can take advantage and beat the ai, but is more difficult than versus mode

Yes, it is a very precise skill-based 'exploit'.
First off, you have to be in Ravenous state. When in Ravenous state, Umbrella's forward swipe becomes a sliding kick.
Then, you follow up with 2-hit combo and then cancel into a forward swipe again in a very small window of time to reset the combo.
If your timing is off, you'll continue Umbrella's combo string.

Is it game breaking? IMHO, not really.
Is it effective? Against weak AI and weaker fighters, it has been demonstrated to work. Against Hight streak/Rift Teams? Probably not.
Is it fun to play that way? Doesn't look like it.

Again, I'm not a Dev. And IMHO, not a bug (unless Umbrella is not meant to have a sliding kick when in Ravenous state).

Still an interesting find. I haven't heard anyone else point this out till now.👍

Yes, it is a very precise skill-based 'exploit'.
First off, you have to be in Ravenous state. When in Ravenous state, Umbrella's forward swipe becomes a sliding kick.
Then, you follow up with 2-hit combo and then cancel into a forward swipe again in a very small window of time to reset the combo.
If your timing is off, you'll continue Umbrella's combo string.

Is it game breaking? IMHO, not really.
Is it effective? Against weak AI and weaker fighters, it has been demonstrated to work. Against Hight streak/Rift Teams? Probably not.
Is it fun to play that way? Doesn't look like it.

Again, I'm not a Dev. And IMHO, not a bug (unless Umbrella is not meant to have a sliding kick when in Ravenous state).

Still an interesting find. I haven't heard anyone else point this out till now.👍
mmmmmm, if you want do 1v1 with me and I do that exploit

you can say anything, but after the vs you will see that it's not fun lose because of that exploit

I'm Lanalanita44 on skullgirls

mmmmmm, if you want do 1v1 with me and I do that exploit

you can say anything, but after the vs you will see that it's not fun lose because of that exploit

I'm Lanalanita44 on skullgirls
I appreciate the invite. I've done the exploit. I just don't think it is game breaking.
This is a corner-case exploit. The setup and precise timing makes it's effective usage very limited.

Yes, it is more viable in Competitive PVP due to Guard Meter and there are no stat boosts from rarity or leveled up moves. Maybe if this combo becomes widespread and this is the 'only' way Umbrella players use that character, then maybe something can be done in PVP.

It is up to the player whether or not to exploit that combo. If a player wants to play in such a limited way, that's on them.
In my testing, I agree, it is not fun to use or have used against and I don't think it is very effective against strong teams found in high streak PFs or high rank Rifts.

Throws against the AI were once exploited and the Devs changed the AI throw logic to make repeated throws less successful, so, if this combo becomes popular and upsets Rifts and PF results, then maybe the AI logic against this combo might be updated.

Again, not a Dev and IMHO this 3-hit combo is not an infinite combo...but it is annoying in PVP 😅

Doesn't look like a bug to me, unless I'm seeing players do it in Rift Battles or cheesing through No Mercy Parallel Realms. We are aware of some combinations of faster L1-L3 ground combos vs. fighters with slower reaction/block times, but nothing game breaking as of yet.