• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Blessed Mage

Reaction score
Umbrella's release wasn't that good as Dahila's one. There are still a lot of dead/weak variants and here is some excellent ideas to change it.
Fresh Heir
SA1
Dash attacks disable enemy's blockbusters for 10/12/15 seconds.
SA2
Gain miasma stack every 7/6/5 seconds while enemy suffering from disable of blockbusters (after end of debuff miasma stacks gone)
Note: miasma stacks will be make more usefull and unique, also good fits to her element

Salty
SA1
Once per match, gain 3/4/5 stacks of blessing for 10 seconds when failing below 35% health.
SA2
Each stack of blessing grant you 5/7/10% chance that throws inflict bleed for 5 seconds
Note: Salty should be good even without support and rely on her tools. Those changes will make her taunt useful.

Puddle Pirate
SA1
Oponents lose 1/2/3 buff(s) when blow on puddle
SA2
Umbrella gains 3/4/5% health whenever puddle gone
Note: Puddles supposed to blow and keep oponent near them is bad idea. To make puddle you should lose some hunger and that restriction is bad too. Remove 3 buffs isn't OP, we have DW in game that easy steal those amount.

Candy Crusher
SA1
Same
SA2
Once per match gain permanent haste and increase incoming heal for 15/20/25% when reaching 5/4/3 stacks of regen
Note: CC isn't regen enough to be useful againts reflects. Increased heal from regen stacks and BB's with heal will make it much more useful againts them

Space case
SA1
Same
SA2
Same with note in the end "and decrease time of doom for 2 seconds"
Note: SC's doom isn't good enough so decreased it's amount of time after each defeated oponent will make it better a little.

Tidal Traveler
SA1
Gain/increase Immunity timer by 3/4/5 seconds after 2 seconds while near a puddle
SA2
While benefitting from Immunity bubble attacks become unblockable and inflict guard break for 5/7/10 seconds
Note: Nowadays TT is completely dead whether it defense or offence. It will make it useful in both ways.

Eager Deceiver
SA1
Well timed blocks have 50/75/100% chance to grant 1 stack of precision and 2 random buffs for 12 seconds
SA2
50% chance when using blockbuster while ravenous to convert 1/2/3 buffs into permanent enrage and each eaten buff increase your stats
precision/blessing gains 5% crit rate
regen/heavy regen - 5% health
barrier/armor - 5% defence
enrage/deadeye - 5% attack
unflinching/invincible - 5% crit damage
haste/miasm - 5% meter gain
autoblock/final stand - 5% reduce damage in block
immune/thorns - 5% resistance
Note: ED is worse copy of Djin Frizz. It needs some unique changes to be

Last edited:
Fresh Heir
SA1
Dash attacks disable enemy's blockbusters for 10/12/15 seconds.
SA2
Gain miasma stack every 7/6/5 seconds while enemy suffering from disable of blockbusters (after end of debuff miasma stacks gone)
Note: miasma stacks will be make more usefull and unique, also good fits to her element

I don't consider her one of the top priorities (as she's pretty standard for a bronze), but I do like how you tackled her lack of a consistent offensive boost outside of defeating opponents, applying an interesting MIASMA effect onto her abillities (that is both really unique for a bronze and surprisingly fits with her theme). The effect does feel abit slow, which is fine as she is a bronze gaining MIASMA after all, I'm just not sure if a potential 15% METER gain outweighs a garentueed 50% on opponent defeat (even with the other attributes of MIASMA). Just to make it alittle quicker, here's alittle tweak to the idea:

• Gain 2 stacks of MIASMA after 10/7/5 seconds facing an opponent with DISABLED BLOCKBUSTERS (MIASMA is removed when DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS is no longer in effect).

Salty
SA1
Once per match, gain 3/4/5 stacks of blessing for 10 seconds when failing below 35% health.
SA2
Each stack of blessing grant you 5/7/10% chance that throws inflict bleed for 5 seconds
Note: Salty should be good even without support and rely on her tools. Those changes will make her taunt useful.

Applying BLEEDS while benefiting from BLESSING instead of ENRAGE is a simple yet brilliant change, since as you've noted, it allows her to use her TAUNT to gain BLESSING and apply her abillities throughout the battle, rather than having to rely on her marquee or support for ENRAGES (both of which take too much investment for the effect). You could honestly just apply this idea to her current abillity and she'd be all set on offence, though I do like how your full rework makes her more viable on defence. Only gaining BLESSING on her first abillity feels abit weird though, since I'm not sure how that'd fit the theme of a temper tantrum without the ENRAGES.

Puddle Pirate
SA1
Oponents lose 1/2/3 buff(s) when blow on puddle
SA2
Umbrella gains 3/4/5% health whenever puddle gone
Note: Puddles supposed to blow and keep oponent near them is bad idea. To make puddle you should lose some hunger and that restriction is bad too. Remove 3 buffs isn't OP, we have DW in game that easy steal those amount.

Having her abillities revolve purely around PUDDLE splashes actually sounds like it'd be really fun, as it'd encourage a more aggressive playstyle that would complement Umbrella's combo capabilities, while also fitting the (s)pillage & plundering theme quite nicely. Increasing the amount of BUFFS she removes i would consider overpowered if other effects were added onto her abillity, but you've done a good job working with and making her current effects more consistent instead, so overall a solid rework.

Candy Crusher
SA1
Same
SA2
Once per match gain permanent haste and increase incoming heal for 15/20/25% when reaching 5/4/3 stacks of regen
Note: CC isn't regen enough to be useful againts reflects. Increased heal from regen stacks and BB's with heal will make it much more useful againts them

Candy Crusher is already a really solid silver and recovery variant, performing pretty good in the current reflect meta with her REGEN, low attack, and complementary recovery kit, so I'm not sure if she really needs to be made any better. That being said this addition is relatively harmless, providing a bonus 0.25% increase to REGEN stacks and a small boost to her healing kit, so it doesn't really impact much other than futher complementing her recovery (which isn't a bad thing).

Tidal Traveler
SA1
Gain/increase Immunity timer by 3/4/5 seconds after 2 seconds while near a puddle
SA2
While benefitting from Immunity bubble attacks become unblockable and inflict guard break for 5/7/10 seconds
Note: Nowadays TT is completely dead whether it defense or offence. It will make it useful in both ways.

Basic but effective, I do like how you maintain her general playstyle while re-incorporating IMMUNITY to be fairly more consistent, in a pretty unique way too at that. Having both UNBLOCKABLE BUBBLE attacks and inflicting GUARD BREAK in her abillity feels abit redundant however, as either of these effects can perform the same results on their own, so I suggest changing one of the effects to provide alternative utility instead.

Eager Deceiver
SA1
Well timed blocks have 50/75/100% chance to grant 1 stack of precision and 2 random buffs for 12 seconds
SA2
50% chance when using blockbuster while ravenous to convert 1/2/3 buffs into permanent enrage and each eaten buff increase your stats
precision/blessing gains 5% crit rate
regen/heavy regen - 5% health
barrier/armor - 5% defence
enrage/deadeye - 5% attack
unflinching/invincible - 5% crit damage
haste/miasm - 5% meter gain
autoblock/final stand - 5% reduce damage in block
immune/thorns - 5% resistance
Note: ED is worse copy of Djin Frizz. It needs some unique changes to be

Interesting, though I'm not sure if gaining 2 random BUFFS is outright better than gaining guaranteed BLESSING and BARRIER, as they provide a reliable safety net for Eager Deceiver, with the former pairing well with Umbrella's TAUNT to help gain 5 stacks easier. The 'BUFF eating' gimmick sounds pretty fun, though this might not be the kind of abillity to be implementing this sort of thing, as having to rely on BLOCKBUSTERS while in a certain HUNGER state, paired with the fact that the BUFFS are random could make the overall effect too slow and unreliable for gaining any substantial stat boosts.

Reactions: Blessed Mage
I don't consider her one of the top priorities (as she's pretty standard for a bronze), but I do like how you tackled her lack of a consistent offensive boost outside of defeating opponents, applying an interesting MIASMA effect onto her abillities (that is both really unique for a bronze and surprisingly fits with her theme). The effect does feel abit slow, which is fine as she is a bronze gaining MIASMA after all, I'm just not sure if a potential 15% METER gain outweighs a garentueed 50% on opponent defeat (even with the other attributes of MIASMA). Just to make it alittle quicker, here's alittle tweak to the idea:

• Gain 2 stacks of MIASMA after 10/7/5 seconds facing an opponent with DISABLED BLOCKBUSTERS (MIASMA is removed when DISABLE BLOCKBUSTERS is no longer in effect).

Basic but effective, I do like how you maintain her general playstyle while re-incorporating IMMUNITY to be fairly more consistent, in a pretty unique way too at that. Having both UNBLOCKABLE BUBBLE attacks and inflicting GUARD BREAK in her abillity feels abit redundant however, as either of these effects can perform the same results on their own, so I suggest changing one of the effects to provide alternative utility instead.

Interesting, though I'm not sure if gaining 2 random BUFFS is outright better than gaining guaranteed BLESSING and BARRIER, as they provide a reliable safety net for Eager Deceiver, with the former pairing well with Umbrella's TAUNT to help gain 5 stacks easier. The 'BUFF eating' gimmick sounds pretty fun, though this might not be the kind of abillity to be implementing this sort of thing, as having to rely on BLOCKBUSTERS while in a certain HUNGER state, paired with the fact that the BUFFS are random could make the overall effect too slow and unreliable for gaining any substantial stat boosts.
1. Fresh Heir - Miasma stacks will make her steal enemy meter throughout time of debuff so it probably better than 50% but only after defeat. True, 2 stacks (or 1 every 5/4/3 seconds) would be more balanced.
2. Tidal Traveller - Maybe change debuff to wither or surge.
3. Eager Deceiver - blessings and barriers aren't really useful for her even if they are timeless. After you get 5 enrages, there is almost no sense to use "well timed blocks" anymore, but 2 random buffs could be useful and you can keep them with right manage hunger meter, that would be her advantage of Djin Frizz.

Last edited:
Reactions: UmComfy39