• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Perhaps Silver Lining Relics should have a guaranteed Gold Fighter

Ryouhi

Reaction score
Consdering the time it takes to get one of these (24 days) vs. the time you can get a gold fighter through PFs once you are high level enough (every 3 days), the silver lining relics feel like they aren't rewarding enough, in my opinion.

Changing them to be a guaranteed gold feels like it would be fairer for the time it takes to get it and considering that the amount of golds has increased quite a bit nowadays as well, i believe this would be a fair change in the future.

This would be especially great for newcomers to the game - the one complaint i here most from players getting into the game is that it's really hard to get your first gold fighter - so if the silver lining relic gave you one guaranteed gold fighter if you stick with the game for a month feels like it would be a good incentive to get newer players to stick with the game :)

They might need to make it take a tad longer to implement a GUARANTEED gold, but yes, definitely improve the odds at LEAST.

I respectfully disagree. Once per month of getting a gold through login alone would make the game severely unbalanced for any new players later on, as everyone would have teams of golds in a short period. That's not even considering how it would ruin how rare golds are supposed to be...

If there is a garantee on golds, it should be handled like the shard to get relic. maybe a "gold fighters only" that only works every 50 shard to get relics are opened? That's the only way to be sure that it's a semi-constant rate of golds, while only rewarding those who actually play the game and not flood the game with gold.

As-is, I have all of filia's golds, and I think 5 others (one is a repeat), bringing me to 8 golds before counting evolved silvers. That's not too bad, but I get a lot of 10+1 generic pulls for the highest gold rates (except filia relics a few times early on, hence dread locks).
I like how that number is low.
It means that when I turned a bronze into a gold, she's not instantly outclassed by teams of golds I already have.

A bit of a rant, but silver lining makes sense as-is. Upgrading it to gold would be overpowered.

I respectfully disagree. Once per month of getting a gold through login alone would make the game severely unbalanced for any new players later on, as everyone would have teams of golds in a short period. That's not even considering how it would ruin how rare golds are supposed to be...

If there is a garantee on golds, it should be handled like the shard to get relic. maybe a "gold fighters only" that only works every 50 shard to get relics are opened? That's the only way to be sure that it's a semi-constant rate of golds, while only rewarding those who actually play the game and not flood the game with gold.

As-is, I have all of filia's golds, and I think 5 others (one is a repeat), bringing me to 8 golds before counting evolved silvers. That's not too bad, but I get a lot of 10+1 generic pulls for the highest gold rates (except filia relics a few times early on, hence dread locks).
I like how that number is low.
It means that when I turned a bronze into a gold, she's not instantly outclassed by teams of golds I already have.

A bit of a rant, but silver lining makes sense as-is. Upgrading it to gold would be overpowered.
And yet it's possible to get a Gold fighter every 3 days by playing PFs.

I don't think it took me much lobger than 1 or 2 months to get my first gold, so getting one random gold a month seems reasonable to me.

Especially since silvers aren't rare enough in turn to be worth waiting a whole month for in my opinion

And yet it's possible to get a Gold fighter every 3 days by playing PFs.
You said it yourself. You have to play if you want a gold from PFs. The Silver Lining Relic comes for free. Just open the app ones per day and you will get a gold.
This makes things difficult. Giving out a free gold every month if a pretty nice reward for doing nothing.

You said it yourself. You have to play if you want a gold from PFs. The Silver Lining Relic comes for free. Just open the app ones per day and you will get a gold.
This makes things difficult. Giving out a free gold every month if a pretty nice reward for doing nothing.
that's still a WHOLE MONTH.

Maybe i value my time differently, but if i get a silver after investing a month into the game i'm a bit disappointed honestly.

I'm really confused, does it actually take the average player a month to get these things? I have gotten like 3 in the last two weeks, not spending money. However, I did finish the story 100% in the meantime, beat all easy origin stories, and 2 advanced origin stories.

I'm really confused, does it actually take the average player a month to get these things? I have gotten like 3 in the last two weeks, not spending money. However, I did finish the story 100% in the meantime, beat all easy origin stories, and 2 advanced origin stories.
I think the point is that it's random... which can be a bit tiring. On the one hand, it allows the devs to throw the chance for a gold in any relic without seriously ruining the balance... on the other hand, it means that sometimes you can drop a LOT of theonite without a single gold.
Exactly how many relics you can try per month depends on what type of relic you go for, if you save up for a free 11th, and how many daily missions you do... plus one for logging in each month.
Now, there's already the "shard to get" relic, which occurs once every 25 relics to ensure you get at least ONE silver for repeated effort. I think that using that as a template for gold is better than upgrading a free silver each month to a free gold.
As you explained yourself, you get quite a few relics from just playing the game as is. new players don't need a back door for it.

I think the point is that it's random... which can be a bit tiring. On the one hand, it allows the devs to throw the chance for a gold in any relic without seriously ruining the balance... on the other hand, it means that sometimes you can drop a LOT of theonite without a single gold.
Exactly how many relics you can try per month depends on what type of relic you go for, if you save up for a free 11th, and how many daily missions you do... plus one for logging in each month.
Now, there's already the "shard to get" relic, which occurs once every 25 relics to ensure you get at least ONE silver for repeated effort. I think that using that as a template for gold is better than upgrading a free silver each month to a free gold.
As you explained yourself, you get quite a few relics from just playing the game as is. new players don't need a back door for it.
OH, is the once a month one in question here the one you get for logging in for 24 days? Because that makes a tad bit more sense now.

There used to be a time when just 1 gold could carry you to top 1%-10% in PFs, but i don't think thats the case now. I think a big problem with this game is that the rich get richer while the poor scramble around for a couple months trying to get a decent team to grind PFs with. Comparing a base gold fighter to a evolved silver fighter isn't reliable considering only a handful of silvers are usable.

The game doesn't even have a pity timer to guarantee you a gold, at least I don't think it does. I think its fair to change silver linings to guaranteed, or at least have some method of getting a guaranteed gold after a period of time.

Reactions: RedRidingHoodie
There used to be a time when just 1 gold could carry you to top 1%-10% in PFs, but i don't think thats the case now. I think a big problem with this game is that the rich get richer while the poor scramble around for a couple months trying to get a decent team to grind PFs with. Comparing a base gold fighter to a evolved silver fighter isn't reliable considering only a handful of silvers are usable.

The game doesn't even have a pity timer to guarantee you a gold, at least I don't think it does. I think its fair to change silver linings to guaranteed, or at least have some method of getting a guaranteed gold after a period of time.
We have a "pity timer" in the form of the shard to get relic, though... except that it is primarily silver. I see no reason to re-invent the wheel when there's a perfectly good system to build upon: just have a gold only relic that only happens after X amount of shard to get relics (which new players will do well at, since there are TONS of bonus relics on your first playthrough of story mode). If THAT is implimented, we'd have every so many relics garanteeing a gold, but it would still be statistically insignificant in terms of breaking the game balance.

Let me tell you a story good sir. I started the game a few months ago, played for a few weeks, was having issues getting gold, spent around $35 or so, didn't get a single gold, decided to spend another $35, finally got my first gold, a little after I got my second. Then the "Big Android Crash of 2017" happened and I was unable to play for 3 days, the consolation prize? 100 theonites, which did not make up for all that valuable time I missed. I got pissed, quit, tried to get my money back from the people I bought the Google cards from, they wouldn't, months later, I finally decide that the only way I really waste $70 is by never playing again. So two weeks ago, I bucked up and started playing. In this time I finished out the story 100% complete, I got 11 golds, and I can now make enough points to get into 1-10% with (overly) consistent playing.

So I believe the moral of this story is, keep playing, eventually you'll get lucky (I am stupid unlucky usually) and you too or them can start winning golds through consistent playing!

We have a "pity timer" in the form of the shard to get relic, though... except that it is primarily silver. I see no reason to re-invent the wheel when there's a perfectly good system to build upon: just have a gold only relic that only happens after X amount of shard to get relics (which new players will do well at, since there are TONS of bonus relics on your first playthrough of story mode). If THAT is implimented, we'd have every so many relics garanteeing a gold, but it would still be statistically insignificant in terms of breaking the game balance.
Make silver linings count towards that amount and I'm sold.

I did wrong...
I thought the silver lining relic is the one you get for logging in for 24 days

Reactions: Gibraltor
I did wrong...
I thought the silver lining relic is the one you get for logging in for 24 days
Oh ok! Now I'm caught up. However, the OP seems to be thinking the same thing. So there's that.

Considering that Silver Lining relics can be gotten just by logging in (and not actually playing), I do not think guaranteeing a gold is a good idea. A month may sound like a long time to wait for a prize, but when all you have to do is remember to open the game once a day, it’s not really something that deserves a huge reward. It’s great that daily login bonuses were implemented, but they should be too good of rewards. There is no difficulty in obtaining them; all it requires really is patience.

Reactions: EmeraldSkirmish
Considering that Silver Lining relics can be gotten just by logging in (and not actually playing), I do not think guaranteeing a gold is a good idea. A month may sound like a long time to wait for a prize, but when all you have to do is remember to open the game once a day, it’s not really something that deserves a huge reward. It’s great that daily login bonuses were implemented, but they should be too good of rewards. There is no difficulty in obtaining them; all it requires really is patience.
but compare that to the unending stream of getting golds every 3 days from PFs (once you can get 2~ million score) - when you compare that to waiting a month for a silver lining, getting only a silver feels bad imo.