• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Make New Gold Characters Buyable

Gibraltor

Reaction score
Alright, so hear me out, I like to support apps with money, since sometimes I don't have a lot of time. My suggestion, is anytime a new character is released, allow us the chance to buy one of their golds with real money. And maybe you can implement this in other ways as well. But here's the picture, you spend about $30 or so, go to buy 11 packs and GET... 8 bronzes and 3 silvers. That, is really messed up, and because of which, I will never spend another dime on this game again. So ya, I'm willing to listen to suggestions to fine tune, I'm not unreasonable or anything, just hate spending money to get "garbage".

The money to theonite ratio in this game is pretty bad, but I don't think using your luck as an example is very credible.
Adding a pity timer that guarantees a gold in x pulls, or increasing rates every time you don't pull a gold would be nice I reckon, but straight up letting you buy gold characters is a bad business strategy. Maybe adding exclusive units to a "beginner deal" like they had with Oh Mai a long time ago?

Reactions: RedRidingHoodie
The money to theonite ratio in this game is pretty bad, but I don't think using your luck as an example is very credible.
Adding a pity timer that guarantees a gold in x pulls, or increasing rates every time you don't pull a gold would be nice I reckon, but straight up letting you buy gold characters is a bad business strategy. Maybe adding exclusive units to a "beginner deal" like they had with Oh Mai a long time ago?
Is it? I mean, I definitely bought some 5 star characters on Injustice 2 mobile to save on grind and still kept playing lol. In any case, yes a pity timer would help, but I definitely feel that anyone who buys an 11 pack should be guaranteed at LEAST one gold.

Is it? I mean, I definitely bought some 5 star characters on Injustice 2 mobile to save on grind and still kept playing lol. In any case, yes a pity timer would help, but I definitely feel that anyone who buys an 11 pack should be guaranteed at LEAST one gold.
The gold rates are under 10%per relic... you aren't likely to get a gold each pull, let alone expect it for just a 10+1. Silver, sure.

The gold rates are under 10%per relic... you aren't likely to get a gold each pull, let alone expect it for just a 10+1. Silver, sure.
As I said, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. But the risk is far higher than the reward, if they want continued monetary support then they need to do something that gives people incentive rather than punish. Maybe it's a special 11 pack that you can buy with money rather than theonite with a guaranteed gold? I dunno, but anyway, I'm happy with what I have, but not spending more money lol.

As I said, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. But the risk is far higher than the reward, if they want continued monetary support then they need to do something that gives people incentive rather than punish. Maybe it's a special 11 pack that you can buy with money rather than theonite with a guaranteed gold? I dunno, but anyway, I'm happy with what I have, but not spending more money lol.
If we're talking about buying a gauranteed gold, we would need a special purchase option for gold relics (or characters). Otherwise, it wouldn't be financially viable to get 1000+100 packs, or whatever would be needed for a gauranteed gold.

If we're talking about buying a gauranteed gold, we would need a special purchase option for gold relics (or characters). Otherwise, it wouldn't be financially viable to get 1000+100 packs, or whatever would be needed for a gauranteed gold.
Fair point. I have seen other games where they provide special offers for people who sayyyyy, have had extremely bad luck lol. Like maybe after 40 no-golds, an in-game offer appears to let you buy one?

Theres a pretty small pool of characters that sgm can offer. Being able to buy a 5 star is less profitable than letting people roll for it. Of course if you price it properly it should be fine though.

Reactions: Gibraltor
Theres a pretty small pool of characters that sgm can offer. Being able to buy a 5 star is less profitable than letting people roll for it. Of course if you price it properly it should be fine though.
I know a lot of games do this, and this is something I actually like in games where you pull rarities. One thing I very much enjoy from the fire emblem heroes system is where every pull will increase the rate of a gold dropping, starting at 3%, where every gold pull resets the timer. This makes it so that on average, people will get them at a decent pace, and there won't be as much burnout after waiting for a while for a gold. This will also personally increase the amount of money I would put into this game, because it would make me feel that even if I just wasted money and pulled 30+ bronzes or silvers, that I made progress towards earning a new gold, which feels very satisfying.
It's probably just as profitable or more-so than it is right now, unlike just letting one buy a gold fighter.

I know a lot of games do this, and this is something I actually like in games where you pull rarities. One thing I very much enjoy from the fire emblem heroes system is where every pull will increase the rate of a gold dropping, starting at 3%, where every gold pull resets the timer. This makes it so that on average, people will get them at a decent pace, and there won't be as much burnout after waiting for a while for a gold. This will also personally increase the amount of money I would put into this game, because it would make me feel that even if I just wasted money and pulled 30+ bronzes or silvers, that I made progress towards earning a new gold, which feels very satisfying.
It's probably just as profitable or more-so than it is right now, unlike just letting one buy a gold fighter.
The only problem I see is the limited pool of gold characters. FEH has hundreds of 5 stars to pull, but SGM only has 27 (i think). Maybe if you collect x shards you can get a gold? Im sure theres a way to balance it.

And that's valid too of course. Hearthstone has like a pity timer of 40 packs if I'm not mistaken. I think a pity timer in general would fix this game up. It's way too random, most times I get like zero golds, and other times I can get 3 golds in a 5 pull.

What about a sharder to get? You know how the shard to get guarantees a silver character after 25 pulls, well how about sharder to get guarantees a gold one after 50 pulls!

“gold digger” relic that guarantee a non exclusive gold, gain 2% progress towards one each time you get a new fighter