• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection State of the Game Concerns

Gibraltor

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have real concerns about the future of the game given recent events. You have EA's Battlefront 2 being hit with lawsuits and taking a ton of flak for being a P2W. Now you have Overwatch being hit on their loot crates as well.
Guys, it's only a matter of time before lawsuits start hitting mobile games like this. Now, Overwatch my dodge a bullet because it's strictly cosmetic. However, the system in place here is very similar to a P2W. Truth be told, this is one of the more balanced games out there though, I quit for a few months, come back, and I can hit 4 million in gold in one day and I haven't spent a dime since I quit. So given current trends I have zero reason to keep spending money on the game and supporting the developers.

So here's the task at hand, I want you guys to succeed because I love the game, but guys, a 3% chance to get golds and bronzes being so plentiful and crappy as they are, this is considered predatory at its finest. You guys need to start thinking of more ways to make money to stay afloat that doesn't involve a gacha system before these lawsuits inevitably win and come down the pipeline for mobile games.

I love you guys, I want you to succeed and I like supporting you, but I feel zero sense of gain by spending any further money in the game's current state.

I have a thought that I know will ruffle feathers, but I get so tired of losing streaks that I would pay $10-20 to have a perma-start at 3x multiplier. Also, may consider buying individual gold characters that I want to have. Maybe take characters that are specific to their character relic and put them on sale for like $30 once a month or so?

Anyway, I have the best intentions, please don't think I'm trying to be a jerk and I'm not trying to tell other people not to spend money, just informing you where I am at right now on the matter.

Also, ya, let's collaborate, if you guys have any ideas on ways to make these guys money, let's hear it. I want their success!

Guys, it's only a matter of time before lawsuits start hitting mobile games like this.
This will still take quite the time.
EA and Blizzard are huge. Two of the biggest gaming companies. And Battlefront and Overwatch have crazy amounts of players. It's only logical that someone will sue these companies because of something stupid. And there will be alot of people to back up that lawsuit.
But Skullgirls Mobile is tiny. I don't think that's bad. But compared to alot of other games, this game right here has almost no players. There are other mobile games that are more likely to get hit. Just take a look at Nintendo with Pokemon Go, Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes and now Animal Crossing. All in all more players in these games. And they all have some microtransactions that aren't all that perfect...

The real problem is, you don't have that much of a long-term goal to aim for. And that's just how mobile games work, because they are quite simple.

This will still take quite the time.
EA and Blizzard are huge. Two of the biggest gaming companies. And Battlefront and Overwatch have crazy amounts of players. It's only logical that someone will sue these companies because of something stupid. And there will be alot of people to back up that lawsuit.
But Skullgirls Mobile is tiny. I don't think that's bad. But compared to alot of other games, this game right here has almost no players. There are other mobile games that are more likely to get hit. Just take a look at Nintendo with Pokemon Go, Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes and now Animal Crossing. All in all more players in these games. And they all have some microtransactions that aren't all that perfect...

The real problem is, you don't have that much of a long-term goal to aim for. And that's just how mobile games work, because they are quite simple.

Well ya, I get your sentiment, but I'm pretty sure the second a lawsuit is won, we are looking at a redefining of the word "gambling" from a "law" standpoint, and I would feel what we would find is a max exodus of shutting down mobile games with the gacha system, not a "Well you guys escaped the wrath because we couldn't find you" sort of situation.

It's not that easy with laws. Just because there is one won doesn't mean everything will change.
And in the end we just have to wait. We can't do anything about it. And let's be honest, the Devs will know all about it, and they will do something. Because it's their game, and the game is, what brings them money...

Reactions: Gibraltor
It's not that easy with laws. Just because there is one won doesn't mean everything will change.
And in the end we just have to wait. We can't do anything about it. And let's be honest, the Devs will know all about it, and they will do something. Because it's their game, and the game is, what brings them money...

True that! I do hope that this game and the money drummed up from it brings them to making a second console game. But as to the topic, ya, I just hope that they have contingency plans in place for if this happens, because I will be sad if another game I paid money for goes under lol. Too often these days, latest was Marvel Heroes Omega...

@Gibraltor Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Although our primary focus at the moment is on the technical details of migrating the game over from LINE to our own services, rest assured that we have a number of ideas and features in the pipeline for 2018 that should help address your concerns.

Stay tuned for a post in a week or two summarizing what to expect in 2.0, alongside another post that will go into some of the features on our roadmap for 2018.

As always, we appreciate your candor and support!

Reactions: Gibraltor
Awesome! That is super to hear! I would also like to extend my services forward that I am an artist and graduated with an Illustration degree, so if it does come to a second game and needing some extra art help, I'd love to help!

Reactions: MightyZug