• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Best team comps

Tom Kulczewski

Reaction score
Simple. Which team comp do you think is the best? It can be more than one combination. You don't necessarily have to own it.
Do you think all comps need a tank?
Does positioning really matter?
Why build a team comp out of 3 different characters when you can build a comp with 3 of the same overpowered one?
Is element variety important? Do you adjust your team's elements to counter the meta?
Wouldn't it be cool for each team to get some kind of bonus during fights depending on your comp?
Does any of this makes sense?

Team composition is only relevant in 3v3 fights. And there are not enough good team assist fighters to make crafting a well-rounded team more efficient than simply using one top tier fighter.

The way XP progression is designed makes it counterproductive if you choose to have a proper team (like: Pea Shooter + Harlequin + Ultraviolent) instead of simply a minmaxed Ultraviolent carrying 2 silvers you want to quickly level up.

Only a few fighters so far enable interesting team compositions:
  • Harlequin - team wide special move damage increase and cool down reduction
  • Pea Shooter - team wide projectile damage buff
  • Understudy - team wide throw damage buff
  • Surgeon General - teammates get heavy regen and immune for 15s every 30s

I doubt team compositions will have a meaningful place in the meta until we get real time PvP. Because with how predictable the AI is, you can always easily 1v3 them with a single S-tier fighter.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Team composition is only relevant in 3v3 fights. And there are not enough good team assist fighters to make crafting a well-rounded team more efficient than simply using one top tier fighter.

The way XP progression is designed makes it counterproductive if you choose to have a proper team (like: Pea Shooter + Harlequin + Ultraviolent) instead of simply a minmaxed Ultraviolent carrying 2 silvers you want to quickly level up.

Only a few fighters so far enable interesting team compositions:
  • Harlequin - team wide special move damage increase and cool down reduction
  • Pea Shooter - team wide projectile damage buff
  • Understudy - team wide throw damage buff
  • Surgeon General - teammates get heavy regen and immune for 15s every 30s

I doubt team compositions will have a meaningful place in the meta until we get real time PvP. Because with how predictable the AI is, you can always easily 1v3 them with a single S-tier fighter.
Lets not forget the TEAM WIDE TAG IN DAMAGE BUFF WOOOOOOO RERUN TOP TIER

At some point I would like to set up an AI rep. team for PFs of three Last Hopes, all equipped with Forbidden Procedure and maybe Chocoglycemia (I like chocolate).
Silver equivalent would be three Big Tops (even though somebody is already doing that) with Medici Muscle and Diamond Drop.

Oh, these are of course by no means the best for actually achieving anything other than annoying PF opponents.

At some point I would like to set up an AI rep. team for PFs of three Last Hopes, all equipped with Forbidden Procedure and maybe Chocoglycemia (I like chocolate).
Silver equivalent would be three Big Tops (even though somebody is already doing that) with Medici Muscle and Diamond Drop.

Oh, these are of course by no means the best for actually achieving anything other than annoying PF opponents.
Three last hopes sound less annoying than three armed forces, or just 3 resident evils with max defense haha

Team diversity is one of the most intricate and compelling things in Skullgirls. Many of the top tier teams usually have one duplicate, that is a Harlequin Cerebella, but that's besides the point. Having this Diversity creates a cadence that not only promotes a sense of victory and satisfaction but the overall feeling of achievement in a thought through team that is akin to it's user. We need more of it.
My team
  • Valentine: Icy Hot (Gold)
  • Valentine: Graveyard Shift (Gold)
  • Valentine: Silent Kill
It must sound totally hypocritical right? (Valentine is waifu.) Three of the same characters, all possibly holding the move forbidden procedure and their SAs assist one another? (Except for Silent Kill whO DOES NOTHING FOR THE TEAM I'm joking.) Well, you're right but with an exception. These characters have these specific positions for planning. Icy Hot goes down? Graveyard Shift, take that hit, heal up and get that revive. Enemy has a difficult counter SA? Valentine, water he/she down for Valentine. I'd argue the focus of a team build is who starts. The starting character should have a team assist SA, in case anything goes astray. Second person, go in with the beneficial perk use your own perk and find a way to thrive. As for the final fighter, if things don't go downhill so fast, he/she needs an SA that can stand on it's own and face trouble head on.

Besides that, more interest in the elemental variants is needed. For now it's, oh? Water against wind? This'll take lil' bit more than planned. Perhaps, certain modifiers like, If enemy has disadvantaged element against so-so element, advantageous element gains 100% bonus damage. Or something like that-- from Double's Double Feature day in something like Medici's (so-so) would make elements something more noted and cared about.

There's my ramble.

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
Team diversity is one of the most intricate and compelling things in Skullgirls. Many of the top tier teams usually have one duplicate, that is a Harlequin Cerebella, but that's besides the point. Having this Diversity creates a cadence that not only promotes a sense of victory and satisfaction but the overall feeling of achievement in a thought through team that is akin to it's user. We need more of it.
My team
  • Valentine: Icy Hot (Gold)
  • Valentine: Graveyard Shift (Gold)
  • Valentine: Silent Kill
It must sound totally hypocritical right? (Valentine is waifu.) Three of the same characters, all possibly holding the move forbidden procedure and their SAs assist one another? (Except for Silent Kill whO DOES NOTHING FOR THE TEAM I'm joking.) Well, you're right but with an exception. These characters have these specific positions for planning. Icy Hot goes down? Graveyard Shift, take that hit, heal up and get that revive. Enemy has a difficult counter SA? Valentine, water he/she down for Valentine. I'd argue the focus of a team build is who starts. The starting character should have a team assist SA, in case anything goes astray. Second person, go in with the beneficial perk use your own perk and find a way to thrive. As for the final fighter, if things don't go downhill so fast, he/she needs an SA that can stand on it's own and face trouble head on.

Besides that, more interest in the elemental variants is needed. For now it's, oh? Water against wind? This'll take lil' bit more than planned. Perhaps, certain modifiers like, If enemy has disadvantaged element against so-so element, advantageous element gains 100% bonus damage. Or something like that-- from Double's Double Feature day in something like Medici's (so-so) would make elements something more noted and cared about.

There's my ramble.
The problem is that doing teams like that is very inefficient. Its much quicker to just use whatever highest FS you have. Especially during PFs which encourage switching teams every 2 fights. Maybe once PVP is a thing (which is probably a long long time away considering all the balancing required), certain team combinations will be beneficial, I can see val being used just for forbidden procedure.

The problem is that doing teams like that is very inefficient. Its much quicker to just use whatever highest FS you have. Especially during PFs which encourage switching teams every 2 fights. Maybe once PVP is a thing (which is probably a long long time away considering all the balancing required), certain team combinations will be beneficial, I can see val being used just for forbidden procedure.
Actually I think OP is onto something.

Let's say you're at your highest win streak ever and you want to use a team that focuses more on just staying alive long enough to dish out damage to get a win. Sometimes **** happens and there's not much you can do when an opponent 3x-4x your FS slaps an Unblockable on you.

If you can somehow, consistently abuse Meter Gain and Forbidden Procedure on all 3 team members that'd be kind of crazy. Too bad I wouldn't ever run 3 Valentines though, girl needs some offensive abilities :p

Especially during PFs which encourage switching teams every 2 fights.

Am I the only one that plays with one team and calls it a day after their energy is depleted until they recharge? :p

Actually I think OP is onto something.

Let's say you're at your highest win streak ever and you want to use a team that focuses more on just staying alive long enough to dish out damage to get a win. Sometimes **** happens and there's not much you can do when an opponent 3x-4x your FS slaps an Unblockable on you.

If you can somehow, consistently abuse Meter Gain and Forbidden Procedure on all 3 team members that'd be kind of crazy. Too bad I wouldn't ever run 3 Valentines though, girl needs some offensive abilities :p
The problem with that team is that it ends up taking too much time (if your vals don't do damage, which they probably don't, and if they do, you'd just kill them anyways). Maybe if they make it so when the timer ends it doesn't end up your loss all the time, such teams could be "viable".

Am I the only one that plays with one team and calls it a day after their energy is depleted until they recharge? :p

I used to do that when I didnt have that many strong characters, but I just can't be bothered opening the app often anymore. I'd rather just blast through PF in one or two sittings and be done with it haha

Death’s Door passive team-wide when

I disagree that team composition is irrelevant. Yes few buffs arent team wide but Ive actually noticed the AI can be caught off guard by certain swap outs, while just following rhe strongest guy you have gets owned if they have a proper change up. Ive done better making sure my strategy changes based on each chars stats.