• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Eliza's Sekhmet Mode opinions

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
Eliza's definitely one of the more interesting characters released so far. She's got weird normal attacks with strange hit boxes and timings. That's fun! Her really unique trait is that she comes with Sekhmet Mode, where her skeleton jumps out of her skin and... and... well there's the problem.

Sekhmet to me seems completely useless.

You can activate Sekhmet with a variety of supers. Her main shtick is that while in Sekhmet mode, she doesn't react to any hits. You can tap combo her all day long and she'll just sit there and take it. (though you can send her running back to Eliza with a throw)

She only comes with 3 types of attacks - a three hit tap combo (3 swipes), a dash/charge combo (rapid stab), and a sweep/launcher (axe chop). From what I can tell the only combo she can do is Launcher > Tap > Dash.

This is a pretty big problem because from the 4 supers I have available so far, you cannot combo from Eliza to Sekhmet. The only way to get decent hits in with Sekhmet is to wait for the enemy to attack, then do the above combo. However, Sekhmet is only on the field for an extreeemely short time. I've often just ran out of time with her before I could do any actual damage.

Basically, right now as far as I can tell it's better to not go into Sekhmet mode at any point. That's a real shame considering it's such a cool unique thing she can do.

I agree, Sekhmet Mode is pretty useless right now. At higher levels enemies will almost always block her attacks until the short duration of the mode ends. And there's no way to sustain a combo with Sekhmet and since you can't throw break or block so the enemy can easily throw you back into Eliza.

This isn't too much of a problem for versions of Eliza that don't rely much on Sekhmet Mode, but this makes Diva Intervention Eliza very weak because she relies on Sekhmet's damage to heal herself.

After playing a bunch of fights using Sekhmet, I think the biggest problem is that her charge attacks can still be blocked after when you've unlocked Eliza's unblockable charge attack node. Not sure if this is a bug or a design oversight.

Last edited:
I REALLY wish they would release other skills for Eliza so I can replace all her useless Skehmet mode skills.......

I don't want a mode where I do even less damage that an air combo.

I completely agree with Moisterrific. I was excited for the Diva Intervention Eliza, because she looks so good on paper, but I can never deal any damage with Sekhmet. The AI always blocks and then throws appropriately. Her stats seem decent, but coupled with a really punishable sweep, it makes me not want to invest in her.

I completely agree with Moisterrific. I was excited for the Diva Intervention Eliza, because she looks so good on paper, but I can never deal any damage with Sekhmet. The AI always blocks and then throws appropriately. Her stats seem decent, but coupled with a really punishable sweep, it makes me not want to invest in her.

Diva Intervention would be one of the best fighters if Sekhmet's attacks can actually connect. Sekhmet's charge attack is a barrage of 8 hits and you have enough time in her mode to pull off 2 charges. But since the AI blocks everything and unlocking the unblockable charge attack upgrade doesn't also apply to Sekhmet, she's essentially useless and your survivability and DPS is much better when you return to Eliza right away.

IMG_4519.jpg

Last edited:
I really want Eliza relic now to get blood bath Eliza because blood bath is more useful than diva intervetion. It's immune to bleed (I think) and is more of a bulk. Either way this is Eliza's first days of release so she isn't that perfect yet.

I think we all agree she's pretty horrible.

Worse than Valentine and that's saying a lot.

Really disappointed the new character in the game is by far, also the weakest.

Reactions: Crescent Rose
Like I said, this is one of the first days Eliza has been realesed and given, you'll get used to her later on.

from http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/t...ocking-the-unblockable-upgrade.165/#post-1477
We're looking into giving Sekhmet a little love, including an unblockable charge attack by default (doesn't require a skill node), in a future update.
This would solve most of my problems with Sekhet mode. It'd also be nice if there was some way to ensure safety after activation. It seems like SOMETIMES when I end the mode early after backdashing, Eliza with catch up to Sekhet, but sometimes I snap back to her bloody coffin... and snapping back to the coffin almost always guarantees free hits, unless you do it early, which still results in getting hit quite often.

I still think if Sekhmet mode had 1 unblockable charge attack, she'd still suck.

The problem is her base damage.

Have you guys tried using her "LADY OF SLAUGHTER" BB7 special move?

Try it on a 5k+ Eliza. It barely does ANY damage LOL. Somethings wrong with her... as of right now, Eliza will still be trash F tier.

Even with 1 unblockable attack using sekhmet mode this will not fix her....

one problem I encountered is when she turns into Sekhmet, opponent AI always automatically goes turtle mode, blocking every hits. :(

Reactions: ThanatosDK
one problem I encountered is when she turns into Sekhmet, opponent AI always automatically goes turtle mode, blocking every hits. :(

Check out ANY other characters BB7 or BB8.

This character is a complete troll/joke.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
Best to file her under "theonite bait" until she gets some improvements. High level AI will take advantage of the punish options on charge moves.

If the ai is always going to turtle there needs to be increased chip damage in sekhmet

After extensive use with her today (I finally got the bronze and silver one to play with) her Sekhmet mode definitely seems to have way too much risk for very little reward. Even with signature abilities tied to it they're almost never worth using because you're left open to attack in Sekhmet mode which is a death sentence when you're fighting stronger opponents. She definitely needs tuning here and I'm glad the devs are looking into it.