• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Trading System

Bua-Boo

Reaction score
Okay. Soooo.... I got a dumb idea in my head while talking to a friend on Discord. And I started to think about maybe having a trading system in SGM. I know it's sounds dumb and stupid but hear me out. Let's say you got a fighter you don't want but don't want to sacrifice it to level up one of your other fighters. But another person wants the fighter you don't want. Well, then you can trade fighters with that person. Like, again let's say I have an Oh Mai Valentine I really don't want. But another person that doesn't have an Oh Mai Valentine wants it. You guys could trade fighters. Maybe he/she has a Inkling Peacock he/she doesn't want so you trade your Oh Mai for their Inking. Again, it sounds dumb and stupid but it's an idea I have.

Last edited:
The problem is that you could exploit this and make another account to trade all the good fighters from one account to the other. We've had discussions about this before but there wasn't really a streamlined way to avoid this issue. Who knows, it could be a thing in the future though.

The problem is that you could exploit this and make another account to trade all the good fighters from one account to the other. We've had discussions about this before but there wasn't really a streamlined way to avoid this issue. Who knows, it could be a thing in the future though.
Maybe.

This is one of those games I pray never gets a trading system. Considering how many characters and moves there are already, including the possibility of trade scumming, it would be a bad idea. It could also lead to players getting stuck where they can’t have fun while playing.

Reactions: Peacockis2cool4u
This is one of those games I pray never gets a trading system. Considering how many characters and moves there are already, including the possibility of trade scumming, it would be a bad idea. It could also lead to players getting stuck where they can’t have fun while playing.
Glad you agree with me.

Glad you agree with me.
...I was saying I didn’t want trading, and you proposed trading....isn’t that called disagreement? Also
>Trading Oh Mai for an Inkling

...I was saying I didn’t want trading, and you proposed trading....isn’t that called disagreement? Also
>Trading Oh Mai for an Inkling
Well if it DID happen I would like to see how it turns out. And that was an example dude...

Why not make it level locked? Like, only for late game players, so only after level 40 or 50, so we can fish those pesky golds that we want to get. You could even have a fee just to trade, so you couldn't spam trading (like, pay 100 Theonites to make a trade)

Reactions: Renn
Having to pay 100 Theonites would be quite a lot I think.
But things like:
You can only trade characters of the same rank
You have to be at least level 50
Pay 50 Theonites
And stuff like that could make for a good trading system I think. And so you could get rid of that tenth Pea Shooter you just got.

While I personally wouldn't mind a trading system, let's face it guys, there's no way the devs would do this. Our greed for characters we don't have is the only reason the developers profit from the game at all. This is an ad free game, and getting new characters is the biggest motivation for everyone playing the game. If we could trade, fewer people would pay real life money for relics and theonite. Thus, there's no reason for the devs to develop a system at all.

Reactions: MatDestruction
Liam said in another post about this trading thing that there could be some ''cheating'' if a player trading system was implemented, even if there was a lvl cap it still wouldn't stop stuff like buying fighters with real money from other players.

And considering what Kokonut said:

While I personally wouldn't mind a trading system, let's face it guys, there's no way the devs would do this. Our greed for characters we don't have is the only reason the developers profit from the game at all. This is an ad free game, and getting new characters is the biggest motivation for everyone playing the game. If we could trade, fewer people would pay real life money for relics and theonite. Thus, there's no reason for the devs to develop a system at all.

I think the trading system the game could have is an event that appears from time to time and features random trading options with different requirements like 1 Dragon Brawler for 3 Wulfbanes. I already deatailed this idea a little bit more in this post if you want to read it http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/idea-fighter-trading-shop.3047/

Reactions: makimaa
Liam said in another post about this trading thing that there could be some ''cheating'' if a player trading system was implemented, even if there was a lvl cap it still wouldn't stop stuff like buying fighters with real money from other players.

And considering what Kokonut said:

I think the trading system the game could have is an event that appears from time to time and features random trading options with different requirements like 1 Dragon Brawler for 3 Wulfbanes. I already deatailed this idea a little bit more in this post if you want to read it http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/idea-fighter-trading-shop.3047/

I think this is a good idea. Personally I would like to see this happen. But let's put ourselves in the devs' shoes and do the math to see how we could make this profitable.

Except for some minor tweaks, updates always move in a direction that motivates players to play more. (There are exceptions, of course, like how they changed back to the old character relic stats) Let's use your example of someone wanting Dragon Brawler.

Since there are 3 golds, the current rng of getting DB from a 10+1 Beo's relic is 10%+ 2.3%= 12.3% Thus in order to get a DB the average player would have to buy approx 16000 theo worth of relics. If a player playes consistantly to get 60 theos every day, they would have to play for 267 days on everage!

Whereas if one were aware that one would be able to one day, trade off 3 Wulfbane for a Dragon Brawler they would have to play for only 9 days in pf. This, needless to say, is too significantly bigger than the previous stats to be viable.

Thus, if trading were to exist, unless the devs are going to ask for more than 89 Wulfsbane...lol, characters should only have to be purchasable with only non-pf characters. 3 Weekends or 30 Number Ones for 1 DB or Wulfsbane and such. Good! But seeing how the reason ppl are clamouring for a trading system is because they have multiple pf characters, this is quite a bit less exciting. Also, this is less of a trading system than a 'store', since there are strict price tags, and since the devs said a store is actually in the making, with characters being purchasable with theonite, I don't see how this system would be of any immediate interest to the devs.

Anyway, that's it for my rambling. I could be wrong, or course. I can't presume to know what the devs will or will not make.

Reactions: Shawesome and PHPP
I think this is a good idea. Personally I would like to see this happen. But let's put ourselves in the devs' shoes and do the math to see how we could make this profitable.

Except for some minor tweaks, updates always move in a direction that motivates players to play more. (There are exceptions, of course, like how they changed back to the old character relic stats) Let's use your example of someone wanting Dragon Brawler.

Since there are 3 golds, the current rng of getting DB from a 10+1 Beo's relic is 10%+ 2.3%= 12.3% Thus in order to get a DB the average player would have to buy approx 16000 theo worth of relics. If a player playes consistantly to get 60 theos every day, they would have to play for 267 days on everage!

I'm glad you liked the idea! And thank you for sharing this math

Whereas if one were aware that one would be able to one day, trade off 3 Wulfbane for a Dragon Brawler they would have to play for only 9 days in pf. This, needless to say, is too significantly bigger than the previous stats to be viable.

Thus, if trading were to exist, unless the devs are going to ask for more than 89 Wulfsbane...lol, characters should only have to be purchasable with only non-pf characters. 3 Weekends or 30 Number Ones for 1 DB or Wulfsbane and such. Good! But seeing how the reason ppl are clamouring for a trading system is because they have multiple pf characters, this is quite a bit less exciting.

I agree with you that if it was just stright up playing 9 days this idea would make no sense. I said 3 Wulfsbane because, since it takes a little bit more than 3 months now for the pf cycle to restart, one would need to keep playing during that time (I mean, who would log in just once a month to do a specific pf and then not play again for another month until they got the 3 wulfsbanes they need) and I thought someone as active in the game as this should have this chance to compensate a lack of luck with relic opening.

Just like you said here and I did in my other post about this event, it doesn't have to be 3 golds from pf prizes, the devs could literally put any options they can, even mixes between fighters and currencies like 3 wulfbanes and X theonite or Y million coins for a dragon brawler

Also, this is less of a trading system than a 'store', since there are strict price tags, and since the devs said a store is actually in the making, with characters being purchasable with theonite, I don't see how this system would be of any immediate interest to the devs.

Anyway, that's it for my rambling. I could be wrong, or course. I can't presume to know what the devs will or will not make.

I didn't know they said this! Even though I think a store like that accepting only theonite is less rewarding to active players, it is probably better for the game's profit (keeping with the beowulf example, seeing a DB for 2000 theo instead of 3 wulfsbanes can certainly incentivate a player to buy some of those blue stones) and is exciting nevertheless!

Reactions: Kokonut
With this trading system in place I think it's a good idea but there are players who would use this to there advantage.

advantages i could think of is

-extra storage space

This isn't to much of a big deal in my opinion but still is big and is helpful to those who have just a bunch of copies

-Players using this to get new released characters.

This would work for people who are in late game and have just got bored of a old account and just thought to create a new account for an advantage.

These thing would probably only work for level locks that are low like levels 30-50
I think a maxed 60 should be able to use this so that it would bore the player to not do this.

as much as i'd like a trading system - i can fully say that we probably won't get one. even with level caps, having to pay theonite and other requirements there are still ways for people to exploit it.
the most we'd get is the special store that @Kokonut mentioned where we pay theonite and coins for fighters and moves. personally i'd actually prefer this over a trading system since it just works better for everyone, us and the devs included!