• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Turning off offer pop-ups

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
With the privacy policy update that occurred on May 25, one of the things I read was that we’d have personalized in-game offer opt outs available in the game settings. I have not been able to find out how to turn off in-game offers using the settings in the game. Where is the setting for this in the Skullgirls Mobile app?

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
I could be wrong, but I believe they were talking about adds which are sent to you by email, not adds within the game itself.

I could be wrong, but I believe they were talking about adds which are sent to you by email, not adds within the game itself.
The pertinent section from the policy is as follows:
Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.

Opt-out of targeted advertising.
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).

For personalized in-game offers opt-out, you can use the options provided in the game settings.
It lists marketing email, targeted advertising, and "personalized in-game offers" all as different things. I'm talking about the in-game offers, which seem to be the pop ups of game offers like Recruit package and stuff that pop up when navigating around the app (those are the only in-game offers I've seen). Email adds can simply be unsubscribed from; as of right now, I do not see any options in the game settings for opting out of personalized in-game offers.

The pertinent section from the policy is as follows:

It lists marketing email, targeted advertising, and "personalized in-game offers" all as different things. I'm talking about the in-game offers, which seem to be the pop ups of game offers like Recruit package and stuff that pop up when navigating around the app (those are the only in-game offers I've seen). Email adds can simply be unsubscribed from; as of right now, I do not see any options in the game settings for opting out of personalized in-game offers.

Hmm that is interesting. Well it's good that you've made it an effort to bring this to the Devs attention. If they are aware of this, I assume it will become optional within the next update. Since the offers are new, they likely are pushing it heavily now and will make changes once they're sure most/all players have been made aware of them.

Hmm that is interesting. Well it's good that you've made it an effort to bring this to the Devs attention. If they are aware of this, I assume it will become optional within the next update. Since the offers are new, they likely are pushing it heavily now and will make changes once they're sure most/all players have been made aware of them.
Issue could be more pressing considering it’s now in their privacy policy. If they are indeed talking about the in-game offers we see, then they could be legally obligated to have the opt out settings in there now.