• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Harlequin Cerebella's Special?

Joanie

Reaction score
I was wonder how Harlequin Cerebella's Special Attraction cooldown is calculated; with maxed, I am assuming it adds up to 75% cooldown, correct? So if I had a team Peacock with level 9 George's Day Out which has a cd of 14s, it would become... 3.5s. (1.4s if I maxed Peacock's special move cd.)

And what if I had two Harlequin on the team? Is it possible to have 100% cd, meaning I could spam special moves.

Side note: I wish I could try out skills before purchasing them. Or have the option to respec them somehow.

I was wonder how Harlequin Cerebella's Special Attraction cooldown is calculated; with maxed, I am assuming it adds up to 75% cooldown, correct? So if I had a team Peacock with level 9 George's Day Out which has a cd of 14s, it would become... 3.5s. (1.4s if I maxed Peacock's special move cd.)

And what if I had two Harlequin on the team? Is it possible to have 100% cd, meaning I could spam special moves.

Side note: I wish I could try out skills before purchasing them. Or have the option to respec them somehow.

With a maxed skill tree, Harlequin Cerebella will have a total of 50% cooldown reduction (35% signature ability + 15% passives). When the next update comes that lets us have duplicates, in theory yes you can have a 100% cooldown reduction where moves can be used instantly. But I'm not sure how the game will be balanced around duplicates, since spamming special moves one after another seems kinda overpowered don't you think?

Maybe there will be a cap on special moves cooldown reduction where it doesn't exceed a certain percentage or they'll make it so only one character's signature ability is active if you have a team with 2 of the same character.

Don't crush my dreams of spamming 0s George's Day Out, he needs the excercise for a marathon in Japan.

PvE, I mean there's some AI fights that have some OP (and annoying) conditions like the indefinite unflinching and I'm assuming AIs could achieve the same level of power. Maybe they could just add more difficulties for players with these kind of teams rather than limiting characters.

I think balance should be critical only if there's TRUE PvP in game.

Reactions: BrolaireOfAsstora
Man, stackable abilities like these sound totally busted. If I can spam 0s Georges, there'll be absolutely no challenge in the game. Heck, a high leveled gold Peacock without that cooldown buff that's equipped with George is already busted. She can almost one hit kill every opponent I've fought so far as is.

PvE, I mean there's some AI fights that have some OP (and annoying) conditions like the indefinite unflinching and I'm assuming AIs could achieve the same level of power. Maybe they could just add more difficulties for players with these kind of teams rather than limiting characters.
AI is AI, they're still pretty dumb even with permanent unflinching or instant cooldowns. And I agree that more difficulties should be added, expert feels too easy once you've got enough strong characters and a decent grasp of how the game works and the AI patterns.

I think balance should be critical only if there's TRUE PvP in game.
Balance should be critical for all parts of the game, even PvE. If you could 1 hit everything or have a guaranteed way of winning every fight, the game would get boring real quick. There will be an asynchronous PvP mode in the near future so I'm curious as to how they'll balance everything.

Man, stackable abilities like these sound totally busted. If I can spam 0s Georges, there'll be absolutely no challenge in the game. Heck, a high leveled gold Peacock without that cooldown buff that's equipped with George is already busted. She can almost one hit kill every opponent I've fought so far as is.
ZD0HOmf.png

Who needs blockbusters when you can do more than 30k damage in total in a matter of seconds?

Last edited:
Reactions: VicKing and Cellsai
Balance should be critical for all parts of the game, even PvE. If you could 1 hit everything or have a guaranteed way of winning every fight the game would get boring real quick.

It seems to be only an issue if you have duplicate Harlequins. But we won't know truly how broken 0s cd specials are until the update is out.

ZD0HOmf.png

Who needs blockbusters when you can do more than 30k damage in total in a matter of seconds?

Edit: Huh, didn't know you could equip same moves in training... It does look kinda broken lol.

Wonder what other OP builds there are, I noticed a counter with Bad Ms Frost.

Last edited:
Edit: Huh, didn't know you could equip same moves in training... It does look kinda broken lol.
You can equip the same special move up to 5 times if you've unlocked all 5 slots and have enough move points, it's not just in training. But you can't do the same with blockbusters.

I tested the cooldown reductions in training using Harlequin Cerebella (-35% cooldown time) and Hair Apparent Filia (-25% cooldown time) and used a level 1 gold George's Day Out move (20s cooldown).

bHTeuPD.png

With Harlequin, the cooldown was around 14s
With Hair Apparent, the cooldown was around 16s
With both, the cooldown was around 10s

Now the math: a 20s cooldown reduced by 35% would be 13s. And reduced by 25% would be 15s. Both combined would make a 60% cooldown reduction (assuming it's additive up to 100%) and the cooldown would be 8s. With a +/- 1.0s margin of error taken into consideration, the discrepancy between the math and actual data suggests that multiple cooldown reductions do stack but probably not how the way we think it works.

Just for kicks I tested my level 12 Lock N' Load move (12s cooldown) using both Harlequin and Hair Apparent on the team (a combined 65% cooldown reduction because 35% + 5% passive + 25%) and I got a cooldown time of about 6s. Perhaps the amount of cooldown time you can reduce in total is capped at approximately 50%.

Last edited:
Did some maths and might figured out how cooldown reduction works (will use Ur examples):
George's Day Out BASE: 20s
Harlequin's % - 0.35
Hair's % - 0.25
New CD for George with Harlequin and Hair Apparent in team = [BASE- BASE*Harlequin's %]-[BASE- BASE*Harlequin's %]*Hair's %
so we have [20-20*0.35]-[20-20*0.35]*0.25=9.75 ~10s because the game might round everything after 0. to 1

Lock N' Load BASE: 12s
Harlequin's % - 0.35
Hair's % - 0.25
Other % - 0.05
[12-12*0.35]-[12-12*0.35]*0.25-{[12-12*0.35]-[12-12*0.35]*0.25}*0.005=5.5575 ~6s

So the more CD reductions U have the less effective it becomes, which is good. There is only one concern about that - does the cooldown red. bonuses last till the end of the fight or maybe only as long as the "girl" providing it lives?

does the cooldown red. bonuses last till the end of the fight or maybe only as long as the "girl" providing it lives?
If it doesn't say she has to be alive then I'm guessing no. Harlequin's signature abilities will work even if she's dead.