• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Set a "range" for PF Defense teams

SquatKing

Reaction score
Long story short, I lost my streak in gold PF because the easiest path was a team consisting of two 2.5K characters...and one 9K Untouchable.

So I handle the 2.5k characters but because my best fighters are at 3k and 3.5k, they get smacked by the literally Untouchable peacock who outstats me in every way and proceeds to BB my team to oblivion.

These unbalanced FS teams tick me off, in story teams of 3 are ALL balanced In FS score. Yet in PF you can smack an S Tier 10K character with two 2K or less characters in order to simply outstate and game people who aren't even at that state of the game. You don't even earn exp for defense fighters, so this is just abusing the system in order to get ez points.

My suggestion is to set a range for individual fighters in defense teams, for example all fighters must be within 3K range of each other. And if your argument is, "my one gold is simply my main" then that should motivate you to train your other characters instead of gaming the system.

Long story short, I lost my streak in gold PF because the easiest path was a team consisting of two 2.5K characters...and one 9K Untouchable.

So I handle the 2.5k characters but because my best fighters are at 3k and 3.5k, they get smacked by the literally Untouchable peacock who outstats me in every way and proceeds to BB my team to oblivion.

These unbalanced FS teams tick me off, in story teams of 3 are ALL balanced In FS score. Yet in PF you can smack an S Tier 10K character with two 2K or less characters in order to simply outstate and game people who aren't even at that state of the game. You don't even earn exp for defense fighters, so this is just abusing the system in order to get ez points.

My suggestion is to set a range for individual fighters in defense teams, for example all fighters must be within 3K range of each other. And if your argument is, "my one gold is simply my main" then that should motivate you to train your other characters instead of gaming the system.
This is a good idea for a different mode but I feel like this would cause allot of backlash for players just because your taking this away. The important thing is to keep trying cause it’s definently possible to beat them:p. A 3k fighter against a 10k fighter has been done, albeit a bit slow

Reactions: alexanderabrook
This is a good idea for a different mode but I feel like this would cause allot of backlash for players just because your taking this away. The important thing is to keep trying cause it’s definently possible to beat them:p. A 3k fighter against a 10k fighter has been done, albeit a bit slow

Just because it's possible doesn't make it right plus trying to beat high tier characters who will always get BB3 because they simply outstat you makes it difficult to outplay them anyway. If people want to get mad because they can't game the system with unbalanced teams then they can be my guest.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexanderabrook
The game gives you three choices for a reason. If you don't like fighting unbalanced teams just fight one of the others.
Also I highly doubt those players are benefiting from their defense teams. They are pretty unpopular.

The game gives you three choices for a reason. If you don't like fighting unbalanced teams just fight one of the others.
Also I highly doubt those players are benefiting from their defense teams. They are pretty unpopular.

Like I already said this was the easiest option....the second option was near 20k and the third being the hardest was higher.

And that is my point, if defense team wins are way less meaningful than normal PF wins, then setting some sort of range really shouldn't hurt anyone at all unless they have one super high character and the rest too low, which should back up the point reiterated that you should have a diverse pool of characters :):):):):)

I think you see it as "abusing the system" because you lost to it. At face value it's just a strategy. PF are this game's PvP, and since the computer does the fighting with your characters, what PvP comes down to is your defense team's composition. Putting 1 strong fighter with 2 weak fighters is a useful strategy against newer players with not many/any strong fighters, but extremely ineffective against stronger players. So the usefulness of such a team in a PF is actually pretty low; I imagine if those kinds of teams pop up it's only because that's the best defense team they have at the moment.

I think you're assuming some sort of malicious intent where there is none. If someone only has one really strong character, why wouldn't they assign them on their defense team? To not do so would mean their defense team would be beaten by more people. I'm sure if they had more strong characters, they'd be on the defense team as well. And it's not uncommon to focus more time and effort into making one fighter very strong. Having one really strong fighter can get you further in PFs than having 3 ok fighters. It takes time to build up a roster of many strong characters. I've been playing since the official launch but I still haven't fully upgraded all my Gold fighters (and I don't even have all of them). Grinding is a part of this game; it's meant to go slow in the beginning.

If your strongest fighter has a 3.5k fighter score, it's not expected for you to get really high PF streaks. It's possible, as people have said, for a 3.5k fighter to beat a 9k fighter, if you're careful, but it's normal to lose. You just have to slowly grind your way up to higher fighter scores like everyone else. Keep at the game and eventually, you'll laugh at those kinds of teams because they'll look easy to you.

I think you see it as "abusing the system" because you lost to it. At face value it's just a strategy. PF are this game's PvP, and since the computer does the fighting with your characters, what PvP comes down to is your defense team's composition. Putting 1 strong fighter with 2 weak fighters is a useful strategy against newer players with not many/any strong fighters, but extremely ineffective against stronger players. So the usefulness of such a team in a PF is actually pretty low; I imagine if those kinds of teams pop up it's only because that's the best defense team they have at the moment.

I think you're assuming some sort of malicious intent where there is none. If someone only has one really strong character, why wouldn't they assign them on their defense team? To not do so would mean their defense team would be beaten by more people. I'm sure if they had more strong characters, they'd be on the defense team as well. And it's not uncommon to focus more time and effort into making one fighter very strong. Having one really strong fighter can get you further in PFs than having 3 ok fighters. It takes time to build up a roster of many strong characters. I've been playing since the official launch but I still haven't fully upgraded all my Gold fighters (and I don't even have all of them). Grinding is a part of this game; it's meant to go slow in the beginning.

If your strongest fighter has a 3.5k fighter score, it's not expected for you to get really high PF streaks. It's possible, as people have said, for a 3.5k fighter to beat a 9k fighter, if you're careful, but it's normal to lose. You just have to slowly grind your way up to higher fighter scores like everyone else. Keep at the game and eventually, you'll laugh at those kinds of teams because they'll look easy to you.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post in its entirety and analyze it with a helpful response. I do see from the other side that these teams are trashcan against vets or just higher average teams, you are right that eventually I'll be able to mop the floor with them. It just rubs me the wrong way at the CURRENT time because I don't have the firepower - yet. I can easily beat fighters 2x-2.5x my score (as this game expects you to do eventually) but not at 9k-10k range, as I can handle most AI now (except painwheel and squigly when they run over me). I'm going to keep throwing my golds at the PF wall until they get to the carry point.

With that maybe a individual range isn't necessary, but something where the system checks for a consistent as possible FS team for at least the easiest path, idk.

Thanks for the insightful input, being told "look at it this way and you'll beat it eventually" is better than "just git gud xd" ;)

Thanks for the insightful input, being told "look at it this way and you'll beat it eventually" is better than "just git gud xd" ;)
There is not much you can do in this game to "git gud". It's not complex enough for that. Patience and timing will only get you so far. The rest is time invested and luck. And potentially money spent. It really is just about sticking with it and getting stronger week by week.
With that maybe a individual range isn't necessary, but something where the system checks for a consistent as possible FS team for at least the easiest path, idk.
At a certain point in your streak, even the easiest fights won't be easy anymore. Once you get beyond like streak 20 and every team is 30k fighter score or up, choices really come down to which characters are least annoying. I really don't think it's necessary to try and prevent those sorts of teams you encountered, because like I said, it's just a strategy. If you had managed to actually beat that Peacock, the rest of the fight would have been cake for you; that's the caveat with pairing a single strong fighter with 2 weak ones. Besides, the prevalence of such teams isn't even all that much; most of the time in PFs, I see teams of fighters with about the same scores. It just feels to you like it's an issue because it's a fresh wound, so to speak. Luckily, getting your streak reset isn't the end of the world, especially not at the level you're likely at. To see a team of ~14.5k as the weakest defense, I bet you were around streak 10. It doesn't take all that long to get back there. And there is a whole nother day left in the PF before it ends. Plenty of time left to get as high a score as you can.