• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Natural Diamonds discussion thread

Are Natural Diamonds a good idea?

• Total voters
Reactions: Zuzuska
I’m pumped for tomorrow. Mami Fortune or bust

I like the idea of Natural Diamonds. As mentioned a couple pages earlier, what their Skill Tree might cost is scary, but I like the idea of super powerful and rare variants are out there.

NATURAL DIAMONDS

Dark Might Beowulf
Heavy Metal Big Band
Heavy Handed Cerebella
Jawbreaker Double
Stand Out Eliza
Class Cutter Filia

Half-way there! If they follow the pattern, then expect:

Water Ms. Fortune (maybe #14, Leona Heidern "Paw of Duty")
Fire Painwheel (perhaps #22, Spider-Man palette "Arachnobat")
Light Parasoul (would like #20, Umbrella colors "Brolly Bruiser")
Wind Peacock (we need more Annie! #25 Annie "Seeing Stars")
Dark Squigly (perhaps #17 Sucy Manbavaran palette "Hex Witch")
Water Valentine (could be #21 Nu-13, "Deus Ex Medica")

https://mobile.twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1067601609662713857

I think everytime she attacks she has a chance to gain perma-enrage, and then loses them when she does something other than attack??? Please, I need some help figuring this out.

Also, dispite having a Blazblue icon, I don't know enough about Makoto to make a joke here.
I’m a little bit confused too. It looks like she maintains the Enrage stacks as long as her combo continues? I thought maybe it was when the opponent lost a buff or debuff but that’s definitely not the case. She also applied 2 stacks of bleed with her SA- looks like both were from head hits. So I guess the goal with her is to use her head to extend her combo as long as you possibly can?

*Come on Fluttershy Parasoul*

Fingers still crossed

Not sure what to think of Flytrap. Her regen is easily countered by bleed, which most high streak fighters have at this point. You could carry with SG, but that would only give you immunity for a short amount of time.

If you're playing on offense, she'd probably be better - since player > AI - which I hate to say, because her SA is clearly defense oriented, unless she gains an attack bonus from Regen and I missed it.

Seems like she makes up for it in stats though

Not sure what to think of Flytrap. Her regen is easily countered by bleed, which most high streak fighters have at this point. You could carry with SG, but that would only give you immunity for a short amount of time.

If you're playing on offense, she'd probably be better - since player > AI - which I hate to say, because her SA is clearly defense oriented, unless she gains an attack bonus from Regen and I missed it.

nvm checked back through the video and it looks like she gets a small attack boost from regen. I'm still a bit dissatisfied, since offensive and defensive characters do best when they stay in their lane, but hey, she has a lot of potential with her MA

Flytrap feels like a souped up Graveyard Shift. I say that because she gets regens when she kills a character and she has far higher stats than Graveyard Shift.

Well, I’m kinda bummed out about Flytrap. I really wanted Jason Voorhes Painwheel haha
I guess her ability is okay, though? She’s probably gonna be an excellent carry. I just wish there were more Painwheels that just focused on doing tons of damage rather than healing, having to be hit, so on and so forth. I guess they didn’t want to make her Diamond just a beefier Buzzkill.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief rn... No Painwheel's ready to take the throne away from Buzzkill yet

I suppose she could work well when paired with Surgeon General. Immunity would keep bleeds from cancelling her regen, and having the equivalent of 7 stacks of regen up half the time would be pretty good.

I think natural diamonds are an excellent way to re balance the game for newer players. I know it has taken me a long time to get here ("here", being four diamonds built the old-fashioned way) but I don't know if the game would be as fun if I were just starting out. The gold-tier PFs are getting packed with diamond fighters, and the threshold for earning gold fighters has topped 10 million for months now.

New players deserve a chance at competitive play. Also, the devs deserve some money for all their work. Seems like a solution to both problems.

I suspect there will be a wafer-thin chance to pull a diamond from a relic. I also suspect there will be diamond shards that slowly accumulate when you obtain a gold fighter. Finally, the Rift treasure may be directly tied to diamond fighters, relics, or shards in some unforeseeable way.

Of course, veteran gamers are already positioning themselves for the Rift, and covering the more likely of the natural Diamond vectors. Anything that can be given to a noob will be farmed by a vet.

Good news, Irghen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1068330406574006272
Umbrella/Fluttershy Parasoul. Honestly I was really expecting Jessica Rabbit! Looks like she gains Precision when a debuff expires on her. Also looks like Eliza may have taken some reflected damage from her? Maybe she has a chance to reflect blocked hits when she has active tears?

Last edited:
I was just about to post about this lol

I honestly don't know what's happening with her SA besides the Precision after tear detonation. But! We have a pink palette so I'm happy.

Plus, her tag line is based off of a comic with Umbrella. It's cool to see that the devs are actively involved in fan art

It actually isn’t after tear detonation in general, because she uses Napalm Trigger with an active tear and doesn’t get it. Maybe it’s after charge attacks specifically?
Also, I don’t think it was reflected damage like I said- it looks more like she’s hitting twice on several attacks, which is pretty awesome imo if that’s the case
EDIT: I don’t want to keep making new posts about Summer Salt, but I’m thinking now- maybe it’s her tears doing passive ticks of damage to the opponent, without having to be detonated? Whether it’s that or the double damage, still pretty great and unique among Parasoul variants. I like it!

Last edited:
It actually isn’t after tear detonation in general, because she uses Napalm Trigger with an active tear and doesn’t get it. Maybe it’s after charge attacks specifically?
Also, I don’t think it was reflected damage like I said- it looks more like she’s hitting twice on several attacks, which is pretty awesome imo if that’s the case

Ah, I see. Tbh I didn't process most of that video and I'm too tired to analyze it much. I'll take your word for it!

If it's true that one of her hits can count for two, then just imagine this with Critical Mass:

Spawn three tears with Napalm Shower, gain Precision, then fire away with Inferno Brigade. It's beautiful. Poetic, even.

Ah, I see. Tbh I didn't process most of that video and I'm too tired to analyze it much. I'll take your word for it!

If it's true that one of her hits can count for two, then just imagine this with Critical Mass:

Spawn three tears with Napalm Shower, gain Precision, then fire away with Inferno Brigade. It's beautiful. Poetic, even.
Wait nvm because you'd need to detonate the tears to gain the Precision,,,,, I mean, it's still great without Precision.