• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Heavy Metal

cappatacus

Reaction score
Pulled this bad boy today

Kind of excited, but also, is it actually worth it to build him? For as many resources as it would take, all I'll get as far as offense is 50% bonus to BBs (even when maxed) and some armour. Another split-purpose water type.

The colour palette is nice and all, but I'm thinking he's going to run into the same problem as Poltergust in prize fights - in fact, I'd even say his SA is just Poltergust nerfed. Does anyone with experience with diamonds know if his stats make up for this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-24-12-17-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-24-12-17-23.png
    855.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Yomady
What's the problem with Poltergust in PFs?

Also SA seems good. BB3 protection plus Epic Sax damage.

EDIT: Okay, looking closer, he should be pretty much undying unless you bring a specific counter. I mean it's like grudge, only on a HP pinata and works off all hits, not just crits.

What's the problem with Poltergust in PFs?

Also SA seems good. BB3 protection plus Epic Sax damage.

EDIT: Okay, looking closer, he should be pretty much undying unless you bring a specific counter. I mean it's like grudge, only on a HP pinata and works off all hits, not just crits.
Eventually in high streaks, her damage falls off. His attack boost is even less than hers. Now, his diamond stats could help, but I'm skeptical. Tbh I'll probably still build him because he seems fun, just......not mind blowing.

Also, I'm realizing his armour deal is also just nerfed RE. RE has the same chance to gain armour, no matter if the attack is melee or not.

So......his SA is a worse version of two preexisting SAs, plus he needs to be hit or rely on a taunt to gain a mediocre attack bonus.
Hm................

still gonna build him

Eventually in high streaks, her damage falls off.
Huh, strange, considering she's my to-go nuker. Then again, the highest I got was around mid 40-s (and then I typically lose when Polter is on cooldown). Just today the highest I punched with her in christmas PFs was 108K FS team with diamond Untouchable (but then again, my Polter is diamond lvl 45ish ~16K FS). She currently does about 25K RAW with Daisy and around 90K RAW with Rage. If anything, her damage below streak 30 is excessive.
So......his SA is a worse version of two preexisting SAs, plus he needs to be hit or rely on a taunt to gain a mediocre attack bonus.
Hm................
His armor chance is higher than RE (RE is 10%, Jojo is 15% max), though duration is less. Also he gets armor while blocking too, so you get your damage boost just by blocking. He's seems RE and Epic Sax rolled into one sans reactive stun.

Reactions: fanghoul
Huh, strange, considering she's my to-go nuker. Then again, the highest I got was around mid 40-s (and then I typically lose when Polter is on cooldown). Just today the highest I punched with her in christmas PFs was 108K FS team with diamond Untouchable (but then again, my Polter is diamond lvl 45ish ~16K FS). She currently does about 25K RAW with Daisy and around 90K RAW with Rage. If anything, her damage below streak 30 is excessive.

His armor chance is higher than RE (RE is 10%, Jojo is 15% max), though duration is less. Also he gets armor while blocking too, so you get your damage boost just by blocking. He's seems RE and Epic Sax rolled into one sans reactive stun.
My PG is just gold, so that would definitely make a difference. I don't think she's bad at all, but I do reach for bleed fighters more. I don't think she matches up to my Primed, but then again, she's a diamond. Guess that's the real dividing factor.

The blocking part slipped my mind I suppose, but even then, I have an issue with the split between offense and defense in his SA. He'd be a lot stronger if his SA was more focused. Not that it's bad for him to have both, and at least his taunt ties in with his SA. Also, I didn't realize there was that extra 5 percent on armour, but......I dunno.

Like I said, he's nothing mindblowing, but maybe I'll be eating my words once I actually build him. I can see TubaTuba being deadly on him once I load his attack and crit rate. That'll be fun.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
The day natural diamonds were implemented into the game i got two Heavy Metals, and from my experience, he's good at low levels, but once i got to lvl 17 i started to feel that he wouldn't deal any damage at all, he has a LOT of HP, and combined with armor that'd make him your best choice for defense (Especially the boss node in rift battles, so far no one's been able to defeat him).

I just want to make this clear, this is just my opinion, and i'm not a pro player, i'm just extremely lucky, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Basically, he has low attack and high HP, most of the time when i use him i lose because time runs out, so if you want to lvl him up i'd recommend trying with same level fights, and pick special attacks/BBs that might help countering it's low stat (Higher crit chance, ATK%, etc), any Special that can inflict stun will help too since you'll have to constantly deal damage to avoid a time out.

As for upgrades, just try to get his first SA as fast as you can (Chance to get armor), next you can choose if you want to upgrade his skill nodes (Don't know how to call it, the bottom left ones), or attack, they're both really helpful, if you have diamond keys that you want to use spend them there, leave the other ones (Energy and health) for later, since he already has high HP i doubt it'll be necessary.

As you should know, when you upgrading ability it gets better. So if you upgrade Heavy Metal's Skill tree his abilities will be:
1. 15% to get armor for 5 seconds.
2. BB deals 100% bonus damage if you have armor.
Wow, "Hit the A train" on this variant will hit like a TRAIN!

Reactions: fanghoul and B_W
As you should know, when you upgrading ability it gets better. So if you upgrade Heavy Metal's Skill tree his abilities will be:
1. 15% to get armor for 5 seconds.
2. BB deals 100% bonus damage if you have armor.
Wow, "Hit the A train" on this variant will hit like a TRAIN!
Not sure where you found this, but his skill tree disagrees. It starts out and maxes out at 50%

Not sure where you found this, but his skill tree disagrees. It starts out and maxes out at 50%
Wiki suggests otherwise.

If you don't have all the relevant SA nodes open, all the closed nodes show the same SA level as the next unopened one (i.e. if you don't have relevant nodes open, the top SA2 node on Xeno shows 1 bleed on death). Maybe your SA2 nodes aren't opened yet? Or maybe the wiki is lying.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Wiki suggests otherwise.

If you don't have all the relevant SA nodes open, all the closed nodes show the same SA level as the next unopened one (i.e. if you don't have relevant nodes open, the top SA2 node on Xeno shows 1 bleed on death). Maybe your SA2 nodes aren't opened yet? Or maybe the wiki is lying.
Huh. Could've sworn they showed the maxed SA on the skill tree, but I checked and you're right. My bad. Hopefully he's more useful than I thought?

Guess I'll be back in this thread a few months later once I actually get some diamond keys

Reactions: B_W
Huh. Could've sworn they showed the maxed SA on the skill tree, but I checked and you're right. My bad. Hopefully he's more useful than I thought?

Guess I'll be back in this thread a few months later once I actually get some diamond keys
Good luck with that, tell us the results when you're done :D

Pulled this bad boy today

Kind of excited, but also, is it actually worth it to build him? For as many resources as it would take, all I'll get as far as offense is 50% bonus to BBs (even when maxed) and some armour. Another split-purpose water type.

The colour palette is nice and all, but I'm thinking he's going to run into the same problem as Poltergust in prize fights - in fact, I'd even say his SA is just Poltergust nerfed. Does anyone with experience with diamonds know if his stats make up for this?
2018 to today sir, and your results?