• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Use of canopy coins

Pclip

Reaction score
As a new player, I've heard that canopy coins are pretty hard to grind late game, and was wondering what would be the best use of them. Specifically if it was worth using them to get good skills and relics In the Cabinet of Curiosities eg. 50k for a premier relic, or if it would be better to only use coins to upgrade fighter nodes and skills.

Relics are worth the cost as long as you have enough for fighter and skill upgrades too. When you do upgrade skills make sure to only upgrade gold skills

Reactions: cappatacus
Honestly, if you're a new player, then you'll have so many opportunities to earn relics from story mode that it's not worth it to buy one from the cabinet unless you really have money to throw around. If you have a decent amount, then sure, do what you want, but don't go leaving yourself at 100k just for a Schrödinger. Now, on the other hand, gold moves with good stats could be worth it, considering you'll find a lot less of those early on.

Reactions: NinjaPenguin76
"canopy coins are pretty hard to grind late game" total misconception, theres a post on exactly how much coins you can earn per week, its 1.5-2 mil. its a lot. reason ^^^ is late game needs a lot of coins too.
depend on you if you want to save up or spend coin on buying relics. saving them will help you later, but not buying at all is no fun.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
"canopy coins are pretty hard to grind late game" total misconception, theres a post on exactly how much coins you can earn per week, its 1.5-2 mil. its a lot. reason ^^^ is late game needs a lot of coins too.
depend on you if you want to save up or spend coin on buying relics. saving them will help you later, but not buying at all is no fun.
Yes, but those 1.5-2 mil coins can only be earned through a lot of grinding, including doing every daily event on every difficulty and completing every milestone for every prize fight. Which, sure, if you're dedicated, go ahead. But realistically, that's not going to happen. Features like Rift Battles and Prize Fight cut offs are way too competitive to focus on other things for too long, unless you have way too much time on your hands or just really want those coins.

Now, I do agree that having coins late game isn't the biggest crisis. It is still vital, however, to be wise with spending when you have golds or possibly nat diamonds to build. Buying can be fun, too, but I know I've made too many impulse purchases and I won't encourage that among others.

Yes, but those 1.5-2 mil coins can only be earned through a lot of grinding
I used to hate it too, but I found this thing called audiobooks oh man am I late to the party. The way it goes for me is I wait till I get home to start on the sci-fi of the week and coin grind. For dailies I only do expert and master. I turn on auto assist and enjoy my audiobook. Only daily that need my input is squigly master and parasoul master. For the pesky big band I just press retry. I also auto pf to streak 8. Then for bronze and silver I fight up to streak 17ish to complete all milestones. If I want the silver fighter reward I get to 22 in silver. For gold pf all milestone is completed when I get to around 20-25. That’s single streak build and all coin grind done and about two hours have past. I do listen to book from 7pm - 11pm so for me this feels very short and easy. Oh and I get just about 1.5mil coin per week.

I used to hate it too, but I found this thing called audiobooks oh man am I late to the party. The way it goes for me is I wait till I get home to start on the sci-fi of the week and coin grind. For dailies I only do expert and master. I turn on auto assist and enjoy my audiobook. Only daily that need my input is squigly master and parasoul master. For the pesky big band I just press retry. I also auto pf to streak 8. Then for bronze and silver I fight up to streak 17ish to complete all milestones. If I want the silver fighter reward I get to 22 in silver. For gold pf all milestone is completed when I get to around 20-25. That’s single streak build and all coin grind done and about two hours have past. I do listen to book from 7pm - 11pm so for me this feels very short and easy. Oh and I get just about 1.5mil coin per week.
My point is more so that it takes a lot of time, regardless of how long it feels. I think that's great that you enjoy the four hours, but it's not realistic for everyone to have those four hours. Personally, I have a playlist going in the background whenever I play, so it does make the time go by quicker, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm spending hours grinding. It can be nice sometimes, but I really couldn't go four hours each day, every week, just for some extra coins. It's not worth it to me.

I'm realizing you said you spend two hours for just the coin grind, but still, that's not time I'm going to spend every day. Some days? Yes. But for me, grinding is too boring for too little reward. I'd rather fight high streaks. Now, if I tried to do that and grind - that could be four hours.

Bringing it back to the topic of the original post.....Do what you want if you don't mind grinding.

Don't waste your coins on anything other than improving your characters or moves.

I have an enormous surplus of ability points, keys, extra fighters and moves to the point that I have to spend theo on coins to keep up with my growing roster.

Reactions: Erick Draves