• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved I can’t find an opponent in rift battles

Crisman

Reaction score
hello since yestarday i can’t find an opponent I tried 3 times in the morning 2 in the afternoon and 6 in the night, i think it was a bad day and nobody is playing rift, today i tried 7 times and nothing. What i can do now? I don’t want to lose the points for inactivity or don't reach the 7 fights that are needed to claim the rewards. I hope you can help me.

PD: i am diamond 1 and 2197 pts of rift rank. I restar the game and my phone and the problem is still there.

Last edited:
I'll look into it and make sure the matchmaking system is functioning properly. Thx

How many points did you have when you got diamond 1? Because 1997 points is way too low to be diamond 1(I was personally ranked at diamond 3 with 2077 points)
Sorry my bad, i see a old screenshoot i take, i edit the original post. My true points are 2197

Is your in game handle also Crisman?

So we looked into your situation. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of people right now with a Rift Rating that's in that range, so it'll be difficult for you to find a match. This is an issue that we'll be addressing soon.

In the meantime it may be beneficial to hop into our Discord channel (discord.gg/skullgirls) and reach out to the community to see what other high ranked players are out there and set up a time to get matched up with each other.

So we looked into your situation. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of people right now with a Rift Rating that's in that range, so it'll be difficult for you to find a match. This is an issue that we'll be addressing soon.

In the meantime it may be beneficial to hop into our Discord channel (discord.gg/skullgirls) and reach out to the community to see what other high ranked players are out there and set up a time to get matched up with each other.
Thanks bones i will do that a last question, who is the minimum points that my enemy needs to match with me?

A common issue with skill-based matchmaking is that it's largely population dependent. Distribution of skill typically follows a bell curve, with most players falling in the average range. Simply put, if you're too good or too bad, it can be hard to find matches because there just aren't enough players at your skill level searching for games at the same time. In games with large populations of players, these issues don't pop up too often. But in games with lower populations, this can result in the best/worst players experiencing really long queue times or not finding matches at all.

There are ways to "fix" this but they aren't perfect solutions. For instance, matchmaking could be less strict in skill-matching so that really good players can find games, but that would mean more mismatched games and would be a huge turn off to the average player who is unfortunate enough to match with you. As Bones said, you can coordinate with other players to find out when other high-skilled players are searching the Rifts, but that takes away the convenience of matchmaking.

You're opponent would have to have at least a rating of 1998, and it would take a few minutes for it to match, so they may match with someone else before you. In this situation you would need to find other players that are at least 2100+ to match quicker.

Reactions: Crisman
You're opponent would have to have at least a rating of 1998, and it would take a few minutes for it to match, so they may match with someone else before you. In this situation you would need to find other players that are at least 2100+ to match quicker.
Thank bones i have a few friends that are in 2050, i will try it thanks for your help.