• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Precision should dodge more than SA’s

Yujipooji

Reaction score
shoutouts to the dev who suggested i post this here (forgot if it was zug or psychotron) :p

Precision is a buff that expires in a single hit per stack. It’s underwhelming half the time, and the other half it’s downright detrimental because you’re fighting marqueed painwheels. And now with catalysts out, precision also does nothing to prevent armor stacking via frost armor, armor rating and the like..

I think precision deserves a second look, and having it dodge every buff stacking proc effect like MA’s and catalysts, not just SA’s would be great. It’s nothing game breaking IMO coz it’s just one hit per stack.

Precision is a strange situational debuff: you get it when its useless, don’t have it when you need it (or it runs out too quickly). I like your suggestion and have one of my own: make precision time-based (like heal, bleed, etc) instead of one-shot based.

Reactions: Ryouhi
Precision is a strange situational debuff: you get it when its useless, don’t have it when you need it (or it runs out too quickly). I like your suggestion and have one of my own: make precision time-based (like heal, bleed, etc) instead of one-shot based.

i thought of duration based precision as well. my prob with it the more i thought abt it is that it runs a huge risk of jumping to the opposite end of the spectrum and just be outright broken, turning anything without grudge/tainted into paper if it lasts long enough... but if it turns out to be a shortened duration, it could become totally useless as well coz it will run out before you can do anything with it. that’s kind of why i thought maybe per hit precision with added utility could be a better buff.. maybe make it 2 hits per stack instead of just 1? but it really needs to dodge more than SA’s tho, that i feel is the bigger issue.

i thought of duration based precision as well. my prob with it the more i thought abt it is that it runs a huge risk of jumping to the opposite end of the spectrum and just be outright broken, turning anything without grudge/tainted into paper if it lasts long enough... but if it turns out to be a shortened duration, it could become totally useless as well coz it will run out before you can do anything with it. that’s kind of why i thought maybe per hit precision with added utility could be a better buff.. maybe make it 2 hits per stack instead of just 1? but it really needs to dodge more than SA’s tho, that i feel is the bigger issue.

I think i made a suggestion a while ago that would combine both versions.

Something like, precision still stacks up to 5 and doesn't have a timer *UNTIL* you attack.
Then you get 0.5 to 1 seconds of precision per stack. (Or whatever duration feels apropriate)

Combine that with your suggestion of avoiding all effects from MAs and Catalysts as well, i could see this being much more useful.

Reactions: bestsuperblox65
I like precision as it is in the context of some of the SAs used around it. For example, Oh Mai gains 5 stacks and 2 enrage stacks after defeating an opponent. This means that once you've killed one opponent, you load up a charge attack on the enemy and dump three countervenoms and a forbidden procedure on them at max power. OTOH, my brand new Head Hunter, bless her heart, gains precision while blocking and not being hit. Her combos easily land 60 hits, though, so the damage from her crits aren't impressive because her damage is spread out across so many hits.

It's like Cattelite Lives vs DaF - DaF is more concentrated and makes more use out of a crit. I think if we saw more SAs properly taking advantage of Precision's potential, it would actually be a useful modifier. Or, just do the timer thing.

Precision applying to MA's as well would just make sense to me. Applying it to other fight modifiers would also be neat, but might range into overpowered.

Part of the problem with Precision is that it's largely available on all the wrong characters, which is to say the characters that get it often have moves that do a ton of hits. My Dragon Brawler on the other hand is actually pretty useful, because he gets a big damage buff to critical hits, and Gigantic Arm and Three Wulf Moonsault take up all of 5 attacks combined.

People seem to mostly think of Precision as letting you avoid things like armor stacks, but also let's you bypass things like proc on death SA's, so you can kill Last Hope or Big Top without them reviving, or kill Xenomorph without getting stacks of bleed, or Immortal Fiber without the damage and healing. These are all pretty powerful things to be able to do.

Precision is just really hard to use for most characters other than Dragon Brawler, because you can't spawn them in the middle of a combo like he can, or get the damage buff he does, or have many really high damage attacks that do only 1-5 hits and require no setup hits.

Reactions: Renn