• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Class Cutter" Filia discussion

Rodansama

Reaction score
I managed to pull her recently, but I wanted to know if she's actually worth the investment before I actually spend too much on her. Please tell me your experiences with her, and whether she's worth it.

image1.png .

Mine isn't leveled very much, but so far I've had a good experience. She reliably applies bleed and death mark, and the unblockable moves can be useful to avoid being punished when you misstime a move. I imagine she'd be even better once I unlock The First Cut (although that may not happen for a while).

Reactions: Rodansama
I love my Class Cutter. However, as I approach unlocking the MA, I question whether First Cut or Leech is better over all.

First Cut is great, no doubt. However, CC's ability to apply bleed is so consistent already. You'll either always be able to apply the Heavy Bleed, or you never will. The way I see it with Leech is this: the Unblockable potential for her moves and BBs means that if she penetrates defenses, she's not only dealing damage, but getting back health, making her more of a survivor and making it harder to take her out on defense. A major tactic for Rift defense is to make fighters who regen health and take so little damage due to defense/armor and high health pool that it's literally impossible to deal enough damage to take out all 3 fighters in 3 min. Leech would fit this tactic more than First Cut.

I dunno, I'm torn. I guess it's good that I'm still 4 nodes away from being able to invest in a MA. Gives me more time to think.

I love my Class Cutter. However, as I approach unlocking the MA, I question whether First Cut or Leech is better over all.

First Cut is great, no doubt. However, CC's ability to apply bleed is so consistent already. You'll either always be able to apply the Heavy Bleed, or you never will. The way I see it with Leech is this: the Unblockable potential for her moves and BBs means that if she penetrates defenses, she's not only dealing damage, but getting back health, making her more of a survivor and making it harder to take her out on defense. A major tactic for Rift defense is to make fighters who regen health and take so little damage due to defense/armor and high health pool that it's literally impossible to deal enough damage to take out all 3 fighters in 3 min. Leech would fit this tactic more than First Cut.

I dunno, I'm torn. I guess it's good that I'm still 4 nodes away from being able to invest in a MA. Gives me more time to think.
I haven’t invested in mine but Leech doesn’t make sense because you will have to invest in Defensive (HP, Def, Meter Gain) stats to make her a solid defender. This would mean sacrificing important stats for her SA (atk, crit rate and crit dmg). It’s just my opinion but CC is the most offensive variant in terms of raw power so it’s just not intuitive to make her into a survivor/rift defender. It’s a huge investment- but ultimately your choice.

I haven’t invested in mine but Leech doesn’t make sense because you will have to invest in Defensive (HP, Def, Meter Gain) stats to make her a solid defender. This would mean sacrificing important stats for her SA (atk, crit rate and crit dmg). It’s just my opinion but CC is the most offensive variant in terms of raw power so it’s just not intuitive to make her into a survivor/rift defender. It’s a huge investment- but ultimately your choice.
I feel like her SA gives her natural defensive capability, but even as an attacker, if you’re in a situation where you can’t deal at least 5% damage in an attack, then First Cut wouldn’t really help you. But with Leech, it would always be a little helpful, even on offense.

My experience with a diamond Parasite Weave has taught me one thing: The First Cut is good. The First Cut is great. But it's not necessary. Through her moveset and SA, PW keeps up bleed enough for TFC to be just icing on the cake. Bleed is very potent and you don't need a permanent 5 stacks to kill someone.

Now, CC has access to Death Mark which increases her raw damage output and decreases her need for dot damage. So TFC would not be quite as amazing for CC as it would be for a typical Filia. Still good, just not essential. Leech, unlike TFC, is reliant on raw damage just like CC is and therefore it's not far off to say that it synchronizes with her. Couple her damage with unblockable attacks and I'd say you have a decent defender. I have to wonder how dangerous she'd be, being a low stat character and all, but with the right team and build it would work.
Leech works best with high damage, so investing in both HP/DEF and ATK would be to the benefit of a Filia on Leech.

Reactions: Tuesdae666
Silly question but does The First Cut MA work with Heavy Bleed? Does it have the chance to make Heavy Bleed permanent, or does it only work on normal Bleeds?

Silly question but does The First Cut MA work with Heavy Bleed? Does it have the chance to make Heavy Bleed permanent, or does it only work on normal Bleeds?
I've never seen a permanent Heavy Bleed/Regen effect, so as far as I know, First Cut would turn a Heavy Bleed into 1 stack of Permanent Bleed upon proc.

I've never seen a permanent Heavy Bleed/Regen effect, so as far as I know, First Cut would turn a Heavy Bleed into 1 stack of Permanent Bleed upon proc.
Ah, now that I think about it, the Boss node of the Valentine daily applies a permanent heavy bleed. So I guess while that does exist, First Cut specifically says that it turns Bleed effects into permanent Bleeds and not Heavy Bleeds.

Couple her damage with unblockable attacks and I'd say you have a decent defender. I have to wonder how dangerous she'd be, being a low stat character and all, but with the right team and build it would work.

Her character catalyst when fully upgraded would give her a 50% chance to evade every 5th cobmo hit, so she could actually be quite a pain that way. Not impossible, but a much tougher version of Just Kitten.

I've the same problem now, First cut seems better but in high streak is more difficult to deal 5% damage, against Big Band is almost impossible. Leech simply regains too little health until is fully maxed and unless I put a lot of defense and hp% it doesn't really help me to survive a lot longer if I get hit but a blockbuster.