• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Suggestion about Bubble Shield modifier

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
This modifier effect is interesting on paper but in practice it's annoying, in a very bad way. It sort of soft restricts you from using the full capability of some fighters. Specifically, 'Bella and Beo are negatively affected. Beo's Hype Mode throws are an important aspect of his character, but that first hype throw counts as a knock down and gives the opponent Barrier. Also, Beo's BB3's (and maybe both of 'Bella's, haven't tested Grab Bag) include multiple knockdowns which make them essentially useless because they damage you back.

Theoretically, any BB that involves a knockdown could be affected by this. I find it a little unfair in scenarios like the final hit of Three Wulf Moonsault applies Barrier and reflects the damage at the same time as the hit. Especially given the importance of BB3s in this game. I get the idea of this modifier is to make the player be careful about knocking down the opponent, but when many BB3s have knockdowns you can't control, and when BB3s are essentially necessary at higher streaks, this modifier is basically telling us not to use them, or at least not use a few of them, which is basically telling us not to use certain fighters.

I suggest changing the timing of the Barrier application from this modifier to be on stand-up, rather than at the same time as the knockdown. This gives the benefit of still requiring the player to be careful about knockdowns as they can slow the fight, but prevents punishment for using certain BB3s that automatically knockdown the opponent during the move.

Someone will reply with "just defend and let the barrier disappear". But against enemy with a lot of hp, high streak or with Valentine as as support you just waste time while they benefitt from regen and lose from time out. And if we block too much the enemy will simply spam bb3 and kill us with ease.
The reflect damage should be completely deleted or at least nerfed to 20%, right now it's not fun nor challenging, it's just frustrating.

Reactions: MedK and fanghoul
I agree that having it activate in the middle of moves is really a problem, and it should be redone to avoid that. Can't disagree that it also tends towards making fights longer, possibly to the point of losing, or that 100% reflected damage is really a lot when we're fighting people with up to +500% our base hp.

The in-game solution to this, as to so many things right now, is Curse. Build a Sketchy or a sacrificial Squiggly or a Purrfect Dark, and things become a lot easier.

(I realize this will be pretty annoying to people that don't already have these set up. This is a suggestion of how to deal with the problem, rather than a statement that "This counter exists, QED everything is fine")

Someone will reply with "just defend and let the barrier disappear". But against enemy with a lot of hp, high streak or with Valentine as as support you just waste time while they benefitt from regen and lose from time out. And if we block too much the enemy will simply spam bb3 and kill us with ease.
The reflect damage should be completely deleted or at least nerfed to 20%, right now it's not fun nor challenging, it's just frustrating.
That's a little beyond the point that I was making. After the Barrier is applied, if I attack while it's active, then I deserve the reflected damage. My issue is that the barrier and reflected damage can apply at the same time as a knockdown hit that you cannot cancel. Case and point, I had a Weekend Warrior who used Three Wulf Moonsault and died on the final hit because the last hit was technically a knockdown, and it applied barrier and reflected damage at the same instance. I just don't think it's fair to throttle BB3s like that. It also seems to be sort of inconsistent, because I tried out Valentine's Dead on Arrival BB3 and none of the hits seemed to count as a knockdown, despite it seeming like they should. 'Bella's Ultimate Showstopper also does not trigger the modifier on each seeming knockdown. Yet the last hit on 3 Wulf Moonsault does trigger the mod. I suppose I should test out other BB3s (unfortunately testing can result in a lost streak).

Last edited:
Reactions: fanghoul
Noticed that during Double's Nightmare Legion BB3, the Bubble Shield modifier procs in the middle of the BB.

The in-game solution to this, as to so many things right now, is Curse. Build a Sketchy or a sacrificial Squiggly or a Purrfect Dark, and things become a lot easier.
I have Purrfect Dark, Poltergust and Silent Kill (the best option) but force a player to fight with only some character in pretty unfair. Not everybody have them or spends theonite to recharge the energy of their fighters.
Side node, Daisy punisher works on the first hit when the opponent is not even on the ground.

Side node, Daisy punisher works on the first hit when the opponent is not even on the ground.
What do you mean by this? Are you saying that the first hit of Daisy Pusher (i.e. when the enemy falls into the grave) procs the Bubble Shield modifier? Or are you saying something else?

I suggest changing the timing of the Barrier application from this modifier to be on stand-up, rather than at the same time as the knockdown.
I think this might be the right line of action; cuz, Not a huge thing, but beating a defeated opponent if they 'bounce' during the remaing combo, the bubble procs and can still damage/kill you. If bubble triggers on stand-up, they ain't getting back up once dead.

Reactions: fanghoul