• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other We need XP Boost On/Off function.

Hi.

My in-game name is Fossilfighter.

Not only me but everyone know that XP Boost is awesome Item :v

But I think if XP Boost can be turned ON or OFF, It could be more awesome!

Thank you for read my suggestion.

I agree. Either the ability to pause them, or XP boosts with shorter duration, or XP boosts that last for X amount of XP gained.

Having 12 hours of XP boost make a lot of people feel like they have to grind for 12 hours straight to make the most use of the boost, which is a very unhealthy way to play the game.

I agree. Either the ability to pause them, or XP boosts with shorter duration, or XP boosts that last for X amount of XP gained.

Having 12 hours of XP boost make a lot of people feel like they have to grind for 12 hours straight to make the most use of the boost, which is a very unhealthy way to play the game.
But the devs are trying to train us to not min/max everything and make the most of everything. We all have a choice to play as much as we think is healthy within 12 hours. I’m not good at it but I find it a good training of discipline and a change in mindset that I can’t have everything I want in life.

But the devs are trying to train us to not min/max everything and make the most of everything. We all have a choice to play as much as we think is healthy within 12 hours. I’m not good at it but I find it a good training of discipline and a change in mindset that I can’t have everything I want in life.

If that's how you deal with it then that's good for you. But in reality, not everyone sees it like that. A lot of people are going to see it as a 12 hour period of non-stop XP grinding, wanting to optimize every bit of time the boost is active.
And even for those who don't grind for 12 hours straight, it's likely going to feel like they're wasting time on the XP boost when not playing.

Having such long timers on the XP boost is going to cause unhealthy gaming sessions, no matter what lesson you try to teach yourself from it, and I just think it'd be nice if that was considered since shorter XP boosts wont hurt anyone, if priced accordingly.

If that's how you deal with it then that's good for you. But in reality, not everyone sees it like that. A lot of people are going to see it as a 12 hour period of non-stop XP grinding, wanting to optimize every bit of time the boost is active.
And even for those who don't grind for 12 hours straight, it's likely going to feel like they're wasting time on the XP boost when not playing.

Having such long timers on the XP boost is going to cause unhealthy gaming sessions, no matter what lesson you try to teach yourself from it, and I just think it'd be nice if that was considered since shorter XP boosts wont hurt anyone, if priced accordingly.
Oh I struggle and I agree with your points. I do think the pricing for 12 hrs is super generous so that’s why I’m not too bothered if I don’t maximize the time.

Oh I struggle and I agree with your points. I do think the pricing for 12 hrs is super generous so that’s why I’m not too bothered if I don’t maximize the time.

Oh yeah I agree about the pricing, it's decent.

I imagine if they added shorter XP boosts that they'd cost slightly more per hour.
For example 2 hour boosts for 60 theonite. That's 300 theonite for only 10 hours, but gives more freedom to take breaks between. Imo that's a fair trade-off for the flexibility

i don’t think we need to worry about this at all. I think the 12 hr is going to either never change and become a FEATURE because let’s face it 12 hr buff of anything is rare in gaming as a whole.

Or it’s going to solve itself like that diamond dupe situation by giving us more duration option later. We were so concerned about dupes that we forgot eventually there’s going to be a bunch more natural diamonds.

12 hours is extreme and pausing can be abused. A possible alternative could be -

Giving multiple options of duration before activating a boost.
E.g. let's say, you buy one booster of 12 hours with 300 theonites and there are three options while activating : 3 hours, 4 hours, 12 hours. If you activate it for 3 hours, there'll be 9 hours left on it which can be activated again at will with the same three options.

This will keep the cost same while giving a flexible time that can't be abused . Everyone wins.

Last edited:
XP boosts would seriously lose their value if we could just pause them. Say you normally play an hour a day - then you'd stretch your XP boost out to 12 days. Good for you, sure, but the devs still have to make money somehow. If XP boosts suddenly last an extra 11 days, or 5, or 3, or what have you, then of course they will be purchased less and the devs are out another source of money. I think a better option is offering boosts of varying times, possibly for higher prices.