• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Panda's rants, bugs, and other annoyances - deux

SaltyPanda

Reaction score
- A.I. can instant react in 1-frame windows... WHILE blocking. why is this still a thing?

- Playing Gold prize fight. starting at win 8+ the A.I. unbloackable BB's builds almost instantly after 1 combo string. This is really annoying, and a horrible artificial difficutly ceiling.

- Painwheel's BB - Fracture Reaper. Still does not work on BigBand. BigBand falls out of the last grab and leaves PW open for instant counters.

- Whats the point of dashing? everytime i try to close the gap, Ai instant reacts and either. jabs or grabs me out of the run. I have to let the AI run up to me and block their string before i can attack.

- Eliza & BigBand grabs are horrible. no reason to really use em. both have huge throw-tech windows. Ai constantly breaks free. these are the worst in terms of throws i remember.

- Valentine grab- on the other hand. valentine's is almost impossible to tech on reaction. works almost instantly.

- Please have the equipped moves labeled in the collection gallery. i have to go through other means to figure out whats in use and sell each item one at a time. its grueling.

cant remember the rest i had. ill post some extra notes later when i find my paper notes.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
- Playing Gold prize fight. starting at win 8+ the A.I. unbloackable BB's builds almost instantly after 1 combo string. This is really annoying, and a horrible artificial difficutly ceiling.
This is probably due to the fight modifications this week (No Pain No Gain -- blocking has increased BB meter gain). Other prize fights that have other modifications will have different fight modifications.

- Whats the point of dashing? everytime i try to close the gap, Ai instant reacts and either. jabs or grabs me out of the run. I have to let the AI run up to me and block their string before i can attack.
You can also choose to have your fighter start walking towards the opponent after 2 seconds of idle.

- Eliza & BigBand grabs are horrible. no reason to really use em. both have huge throw-tech windows. Ai constantly breaks free. these are the worst in terms of throws i remember.

- Valentine grab- on the other hand. valentine's is almost impossible to tech on reaction. works almost instantly.
It is generally agreed that Eliza and Big Band have grabs with longer tech windows, while others such as valentine or peacock have shorter windows. This is most likely the result of balancing (valentine has one of the lowest attack while peacock has one of the lowest health)

- Please have the equipped moves labeled in the collection gallery. i have to go through other means to figure out whats in use and sell each item one at a time. its grueling.
Agreed. I think I remember reading that it's something the devs are working on.

Whats the point of dashing? everytime i try to close the gap, Ai instant reacts and either. jabs or grabs me out of the run. I have to let the AI run up to me and block their string before i can attack.

This.

Dashing is an aggressive option in our toolkit, but it's severely punished by the ai jabbing us on approach every time we use it. Like most of our aggressive options, the ai will punish immediately on use. So because we cannot use aggressive options to their full power we end up playing a majority of our matches defensively. Which is generally not an issue for someone indoctrinated into the fgc mindset.

But there is a difficulty in that it increases the learning curve for new players who have never played a fighting game competitively.

Turtling until you find the right opening to punish is not intuitive to a new player, specially when you have to be ready to throw break.

The tutorial options in the mobile game do not explain this enough the importance and necisity of the Turtle playstyle in SGM.

My personal opinion is that when someone plays a mobile game they generally want something action-y, quick and fun. Currently SGM is too defense heavy to be considered these and it relies on advanced player technique so early in the game that it turned away all of my more casual fighting game friends.
Early release skullgirls was all of these though according to anectodotal evidence of players comboing the hell out of the ai, so I think we could use the ai calming down on the 1st frame punishes and countering anything unsafe for a frame or two if not for me being able to find a mobage I can play with my friends then to be able to get more players in here, because right now I only ever see players hit the forums to mention the odd bug or disdain for painwheels PFG.

You can cancel dashes (before the dash attack comes out) into any other action, including blocking.

You can cancel dashes (before the dash attack comes out) into any other action, including blocking.
Correct but dashing into block is still playing defensively and having to pick defensive options.

Regarding getting punished by dashing easily, I'm uploading a tech you can do to easily avoid getting punished for doing so. I believe it'll be used a lot when PvP comes out. You can join the Skullgirls Discord and @ me in the mobile channel (my tag is Saint2th) if you'd like to learn more about it

Reactions: BambooEarpick