• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Suggestion for chat

Whispy

Reaction score
An idea I have to improve the chat system overall is to temporarily block people from chatting if they only chat (i.e. don’t actually fight or do anything besides chat)

The chat, as chaotic as it may be, is overall meant to help people, and the people who only meander tend to annoy everyone else.

So, here’s the suggestion: If a player doesn’t actively participate in a fight but does spend time in chat for a span of, say, 12 hours, they are blocked from chat until they play at least one or multiple fights.

The idea is to prevent people such as attention seekers and trolls from clogging up chat in the long run.

If that’s too much, then I at least recommend making it possible to report someone for only spending time in chat and not participating in any fights.

It has gotten a little harder to actually talk to people. There are days where chat is filled with spam and attention seekers (the same ones), and talking to people who actually need help becomes a much bigger hassle than it needs to be.

While muting is an option, it won’t make them go away forever. Some of these people consistent pester the chat with meaningless banter, which takes away from the better chat experience we all want.

Reactions: Yomady
Guys, talking of anything other is wrong?

I like this it's evil:

An idea I have to improve the chat system overall is to temporarily block people from chatting if they only chat (i.e. don’t actually fight or do anything besides chat)

The chat, as chaotic as it may be, is overall meant to help people, and the people who only meander tend to annoy everyone else.

So, here’s the suggestion: If a player doesn’t actively participate in a fight but does spend time in chat for a span of, say, 12 hours, they are blocked from chat until they play at least one or multiple fights.

The idea is to prevent people such as attention seekers and trolls from clogging up chat in the long run.

If that’s too much, then I at least recommend making it possible to report someone for only spending time in chat and not participating in any fights.

This is easy just in those channels the people have gotten to know each other so become regulars. Attention seekers would be a lot different if people did acknowledge they were alive and checked their stuff, otherwise it is just one person and they'll learn as they grow older called "live and let be".

What I mean is: just hop on another channel - if it is uncomfortable.

It has gotten a little harder to actually talk to people. There are days where chat is filled with spam and attention seekers (the same ones), and talking to people who actually need help becomes a much bigger hassle than it needs to be.

While muting is an option, it won’t make them go away forever. Some of these people consistent pester the chat with meaningless banter, which takes away from the better chat experience we all want.

Edit: seems normal to me uu.PNG

Chat mind lacks interaction, but hell it is just chat no links or repeat messages anywhere. I admit they're a few bad ones that spring-out, and bad ones is what they get classed as; if people wanna talk though how can it be bad?

Last edited:
Yeah, trolls are big stinkies in chat, I agree there. But the community overall is just so nice that I can't blame players for giving up the 'playing part' of the game just to talk. ;w;

How will you know, though? :u

I do think the muting function needs work. There are some people I have to mute every time I enter a channel and that gets tedious after a while.

Mute button should have an option to be turned on/off, So every time you enter a channel you don't have to mute them again and again, adding a blacklist would be also good so you could just scroll through the list of players you have muted if you feel like unmuting them.

That's how I think the mute function should be reworked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doedoel and Whispy
I do agree that some people clog up the chat quite a bit, but tying it to gameplay seems problematic. How about 1: making mute last several hours automatically or 2: a 24 hour ban/mute for those who get muted by multiple people? like a mute counter?

Reactions: Whispy
I do agree that some people clog up the chat quite a bit, but tying it to gameplay seems problematic. How about 1: making mute last several hours automatically or 2: a 24 hour ban/mute for those who get muted by multiple people? like a mute counter?
Mute button should have an option to be turned on/off, So every time you enter a channel you don't have to mute them again and again, adding a blacklist would be also good so you could just scroll through the list of player's you have muted if you feel like unmuting them.

That's how I think the mute function should be reworked.
I’ll be honest, these both sound like better ideas than what I had in mind. I do think to an extent the mute function needs to be revised a little bit.

Maybe you can see a list of active users in a channel and use that as a shortcut to mute people, check profiles, duel fighters, etc.?

Maybe you can see a list of active users in a channel and use that as a shortcut to mute people, check profiles, duel fighters, etc.?
Gosh that's a great idea! :3

This is to an extent fair for trolls, and attention seekers, but there are players who play simply for the chaotic chat since they've gotten bored with the game play and simply find satisfaction in chat. If I may suggest something else, why not harsher punishments on these attention seekers? instead of simply making them be banned from chat just put a colored circle system next to their username? Green is barely ever reported, yellow is often reported, and red is very often reported. POSSIBLY after being let back into chat after being banned? and make the color fade back to green the more time passes and they get reported less?
kinda like the bleeping green circles above our names in this thread that lets people know were active or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rudølf
This is to an extent fair for trolls, and attention seekers, but there are players who play simply for the chaotic chat since they've gotten bored with the game play and simply find satisfaction in chat. If I may suggest something else, why not harsher punishments on these attention seekers? instead of simply making them be banned from chat just put a colored circle system next to their username? Green is barely ever reported, yellow is often reported, and red is very often reported. POSSIBLY after being let back into chat after being banned? and make the color fade back to green the more time passes and they get reported less?
kinda like the bleeping green circles above our names in this thread that lets people know were active or not
Wow, that's a great idea! Or they get colored names like Devs do! You're so smort x3