• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

2020 predictions

Dusty00

Reaction score
While it’ll be “soon” when the devs post their 2020 road map, it might be interesting to see some predictions while we wait.

I’ll start with a few:

1. Fukua character release
2. Guild feature: social aspect
3. Guild-based events
4. New catalysts for Rift
5. Some character balancing
6. More master difficulty for origin story mode
7. More origin stories: Eliza, Double, Beowulf, Ms Fortune, Robo, and Fukua
8. Tweaks to Versus mode, perhaps some events, spectators option, or tournament mode
9. Rift Map adjustment, or perhaps multiple rift maps that alternates each week
10. New variants. I’d love to see a new bronze variant for each character.
11. Prize Fight rewards adjustment, especially for Gold PF. Maybe a Diamond tier PF.
12. QoL adjustment such as better sort and filter system for moves, option to disable loading screens for daily missions, preset teams of say 5 teams of characters
13. Move loadout save option - remember loadout A and B for quickly swapping

It’s slowly turning into a wish list so I better stop and let y’all to chime in with predictions.

Replying for Magnet from discord:

PvP tweak such as a way to deal with rage quitters.

Happened to be around when one of the devs was in chat earlier, but they didn't let on anything more than 'I think y'all will like the stuff we've got planned for 2020' ( paraphrased ), and I'm pretty excited to see the roadmap for this year.

What I think we'll see:
  1. Fukua
  2. Ways to fight your own rift nodes to test them / more training mode options
  3. More origin stories / master modes for existing origins
  4. Something to try and combat versus ragequits
  5. Guilds
  6. Rift tweaks, probably will expand 'first fighter use' bonus into 'attacker variety' bonus (so that having dupes can't be used to circumvent it, but dupes won't be totally useless since they can allow for a fighter to be used more than twice)
  7. Some more buffs / debuffs to go along with Fukua, the same way Wither was linked to Squigly, Barrier / Inverse Polarity / Power Surge were linked to Robo, and Precision / Death Mark were linked to Ms Fortune
  8. Balance changes; specifically nerfs to SG and Xeno, and a buff for Mummy
  9. The 5th gold variant for each fighter
Those are all pretty safe guesses though, so I'll throw in a few off-the-wall predictions here too:
  1. Expansion of Neutral into a full element, complete with element-specific relics and Catalysts
  2. The basic bronze Fukua will be Neutral element
  3. 3rd bronzes and 4th silvers for all fighters, and 3rd diamonds late in the year
  4. Maybe some more moves for existing fighters?
  5. Some kind of adjustment to the structure of Prize Fights, due to the rising cutoffs for gold pfs and power creep in general
  6. A solid answer for whether there will be new characters added after Fukua, but probably not a reveal of who they'll add (if the answer is yes)
  7. Boss fights / raid bosses
  8. A new main story chapter
  9. Raising the max player level cap

I'm probably biased since Overclocked was my first diamond way back when I was a level 7 scrublet, but I think Neutral fighters are really neat and I'd love to see them become their own true element. They've got some interesting interactions with other fighters and fight conditions ( ie they are inherently strong against 'when at an elemental disadvantage' conditions, and inherently weak against 'when at an elemental advantage' ones ). Would require a lot of testing to see if it messes with the Doubles too much though. Whether or not Neutral is added to the list of potential elements they can switch to will have a big affect on their balance either way.

Last edited:
Here's one final, super off-the-wall prediction that I genuinely don't believe is going to happen, but I'm tossing it out here anyways:

Fukua might get a partial redraw to make her more visually distinct from Filia. Something that wouldn't affect how she fights though, maybe an outfit change or something like that. Maybe her hairstyle is changed somewhat too, like it's up in pigtails, or her bangs are styled differently. Something to make her easy to distinguish from Filia in the little circle icons.

Just a random thought that popped into my head. I severely doubt it's going to happen, just a 'hey, what if..' that popped into my head while I was grinding the Valentines day pf, and I wanted to post it before the 2020 roadmap gets posted and we get more info for sure.

Reactions: Irghen
Here's one final, super off-the-wall prediction that I genuinely don't believe is going to happen, but I'm tossing it out here anyways:

Fukua might get a partial redraw to make her more visually distinct from Filia. Something that wouldn't affect how she fights though, maybe an outfit change or something like that. Maybe her hairstyle is changed somewhat too, like it's up in pigtails, or her bangs are styled differently. Something to make her easy to distinguish from Filia in the little circle icons.

Just a random thought that popped into my head. I severely doubt it's going to happen, just a 'hey, what if..' that popped into my head while I was grinding the Valentines day pf, and I wanted to post it before the 2020 roadmap gets posted and we get more info for sure.
Man what if the devs sees this and go.. oh that makes sense - delays roadmap post and patch :p

Reactions: Lililira
Man what if the devs sees this and go.. oh that makes sense - delays roadmap post and patch :p

Lol, I hope not, now that they've got a brand-new character to work on!

But on the subject of the new character announcement, that was part of the reason why I decided to post my theory. See, I first thought of this a few weeks ago, thinking that 'Hey, a partial Fukua redesign would help as a dry run of sorts, to get a better estimate of the time/effort/money required to make a new character from scratch, but we don't know if we're actually going to get any new fighters past Fukua'. Then, the announcement was posted a few days ago, and I just kinda went
upload_2020-2-12_20-38-47.png

Last edited:

Maybe she gets to face the wrong way?

Reactions: Lililira
Maybe she gets to face the wrong way?

Yeah, that's probably how they'll handle it, since it'd be somewhat amusing twist on Filia's headshot. Either that, or she'll using the headshot from one of her other poses. But it'll be really important to have some way to tell the two of them apart at a glance, both for the sake of newbies, and for telling apart any similar palettes they might share; like Windswept and Fukua's default.

Reactions: BallotBoxer