• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Diversity In Skullgirls

cappatacus

Reaction score
I've been meaning to write something about this for a while now, but I wanted to address the overall lack of diversity within the game. I'm not talking about official skin color of characters, since that wasn't decided by the devs of this game and overall isn't terrible. More so, I mean the diversity within the current palettes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming it's all white washed, but the pale skinned, white reading palettes certainly outweigh the others. I remember pulling Surgeon General early on in the game, and immediately feeling attached because she actually resembled me, which is a great feeling that many games don't often supply for us non-whites lol

I'm not asking for some total upheaval, and I do understand that many palettes are taken from popular anime, and popular anime isn't exactly, yknow.......diverse. I also understand there's a decent amount of palettes that don't even use human skin tones (especially Squigly and Double). Just throwing this out there before I get comments pointing out the obvious to me. Also a disclaimer, I am certainly not accusing any of the devs of racism or colorism or what have you for this. This is just what I personally would like to see more of from time to time!

As for examples, if you all can help to compile a list of character palettes that would make sense in game and also add some diversity, it would be greatly appreciated! In the meantime, here's my own list:
Connie (Steven Universe)

Sokka, Katara, Princess Yue (the moon girl) (Avatar: The Last Airbender) (Beo Sokka anyone?)

Van Van (I Love You Colonel Sanders) (yes, the JoJo reference within the KFC Dating Simulator) (Beowulf, The Man Man? lol)

Miriam (Also the KFC Dating Simulator)

Korra (The Legend of Korra) (I know a lot of people didn't like this reboot but it's what we're working with)(the art is nice)

Allura, Hunk, Lance (Voltron: Legendary Defenders)

Storm (DC)

Abdul (Stardust Crusaders)

Emerald (RWBY) (Great for Cerebella!)

Kirche von Zerbst (Familiar of Zero)

Alex (Totally Spies!)

Symmetra, Sombra, Pharah, Hanzo, Lucio, Baptiste, Doomfist, (Overwatch) (I'm not familiar with the game so I may have missed some characters)

Bangalore, Lifeline, Gibraltar (Apex Legends)

Let's add to this!

Edit: Format

Last edited:
I hope with the new character they're developing some of these are considered!

Personally I would like original Tan Daisy as a color
maybe some characters from She-Ra or Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

Reactions: cappatacus
D.Va (Cerebella) Overwatch
Kanji Tatsumi (Beowulf) Persona 4
Pathfinder (Robo Fortune) Apex Legends
Fillia (Squigly) Skullgirls Halloween Exclusive
Squigly (Fillia) Skullgirls Halloween Exclusive
Doomfist (Beowulf) Overwatch
Echo (Robo Fortune) Overwatch
Scorpion (Squigly) Mortal Kombat
Luigi (Fillia) Super Mario Brothers
Waluigi (Fukua) Super Mario Brothers
Peach or Daisy (Parasoul) Super Mario Brothers
Little Mac (Beowulf) Punch Out
Eggman (Big Band) Sonic the hedgehog
Sombra (Fukua) Overwatch
Mei and Snowball (Squigly) Overwatch
Insert random Disney princess here (Parasoul)
Fillia (Fukua) Skullgirls Halloween exclusive
Fukua (Fillia) Skullgirls Halloween exclusive
Kronk (Beowulf) Emperors new groove Ah yes it's all coming together
Yzma (Eliza) Emperors new groove
Kuzco (Parasoul) Emperors new groove

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudølf
More ideas if the dev's were to get enough money
Mercy (Valentine) Overwatch Villains never die
Reinhart (Big Band) Overwatch
Widowmaker (Parasoul) Overwatch cause of silent scope
Amy Rose (Ms Fortune) sonic the hedgehog
War Machine (Robo Fortune) Marvel
Sektor (Robo Fortune) Mortal Kombat
Cyrax (Robo Fortune) Mortal Kombat
Smoke (Robo Fortune) Mortal Kombat
Akihiko Sanada (Beowulf) Persona 3
Yukari Takeba (Fillia) Persona 3
Shang Tsung (Eliza) Mortal Kombat
Kitana (Parasoul) Mortal Kombat
Shao Kahn (Big Band) Mortal Kombat
Mileena (Valentine) Mortal Kombat
Yukiko Amagi (Parasoul) Persona 4
Chie satonaka (Fillia) Persona 4
Morgona (Ms Fortune) Persona 5
Shadow Sae (Eliza) Persona 5
Violet (Parasoul) Persona 5 Royal
Noir (Fillia) Persona 5
Queen (Parasoul) Persona 5
Tohru Adachi (Eliza) Persona 4

D.Va (Cerebella) Overwatch
Kanji Tatsumi (Beowulf) Persona 4
Pathfinder (Robo Fortune) Apex Legends
Fillia (Squigly) Skullgirls Halloween Exclusive
Squigly (Fillia) Skullgirls Halloween Exclusive
Doomfist (Beowulf) Overwatch
Echo (Robo Fortune) Overwatch
Scorpion (Squigly) Mortal Kombat
Luigi (Fillia) Super Mario Brothers
Waluigi (Fukua) Super Mario Brothers
Peach or Daisy (Parasoul) Super Mario Brothers
Little Mac (Beowulf) Punch Out
Eggman (Big Band) Sonic the hedgehog
Sombra (Fukua) Overwatch
Mei and Snowball (Squigly) Overwatch
Insert random Disney princess here (Parasoul)
Fillia (Fukua) Skullgirls Halloween exclusive
Fukua (Fillia) Skullgirls Halloween exclusive
Kronk (Beowulf) Emperors new groove Ah yes it's all coming together
Yzma (Eliza) Emperors new groove
Kuzco (Parasoul) Emperors new groove
I think you're picturing a different kind of diversity -- what I'm hoping for is diversity of skin color. Although, an Emperor's New Groove palette collection would be pretty sick

I think you're picturing a different kind of diversity -- what I'm hoping for is diversity of skin color. Although, an Emperor's New Groove palette collection would be pretty sick
Oof sorry But I atleast got two of the ones u wanted which are Sombra and Doomfist and lifeline will probably be Valentine

Of the Switch exclusive palettes:
Ana(Overwatch) Eliza
2P(NieR: Automata) Fukua

Speaking of those Nintendo Switch colors: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/what-are-these-new-switch-palettes.16312/

Includes a Pharah Robo-Fortune and a Xrd Potemkin Big Band (even though he's covered in his Panzerfaust uniform)

The new character that is coming after Fukua would be an excellent chance for new palette ideas. The best colors have common traits (like Beowulf's #9, based on El Santo a Mexican luchador, a wrestler like Beowulf), so start thinking of what would go pair well with ice-cream addicted little sister princesses. Either that or ageless, eye-patched TV stars...

Speaking of those Nintendo Switch colors: https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/what-are-these-new-switch-palettes.16312/

Includes a Pharah Robo-Fortune and a Xrd Potemkin Big Band (even though he's covered in his Panzerfaust uniform)

The new character that is coming after Fukua would be an excellent chance for new palette ideas. The best colors have common traits (like Beowulf's #9, based on El Santo a Mexican luchador, a wrestler like Beowulf), so start thinking of what would go pair well with ice-cream addicted little sister princesses. Either that or ageless, eye-patched TV stars...
Patchy the Pirate spongebob

Warning: some of these are a little silly and I apologize in advance.

1. Anyone from the Simpsons (I mean how fun would that be? Maybe Marge filia/fukua or bart Beowulf?)
2. Invader Zim pallet (Squigly? Fukua?)
3. My life as a teenage robot- Jenny for robofortune (not exactly diverse but it would be a cool and fitting skin)
4. Cyborg from teen titans (not sure who would be better... beo or robo)
5. Jake Long from American Dragon
6. Black Panther

I'll keep brainstorming but this is what I've got for now!