• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL FAQ: Annie 2nd Encore (+ New Character?!)

Like others, I anticipate it's either going to be Umbrella, Black Dahlia, or Marie. And after them one of the others until those 3 are used up.

But, and I'm going to repeat this from previous theorizing threads, if they are to add a new character outside of those 3, I expect them to flesh out and add perspective to the world of Skullgirls. I love the DLC vote characters, but many of them fall into the trap of being redudant of filling a space another character already does (Cerebella + Black Dahlia would cover everything mafia related, rending the circus characters unnecessary)

In other words, a good moveset doth not necessarily make a good character

I doubled checked and my current top two appear to be Scythana and Minette, for fulfilling both my perspective and moveset uniqueness. Those are my two favorites, but just like everyone else should be doing, I will most likely respect what characters chosen by the team.

Edit: I should also mention, in Scythana's case, from what I recall a lot of people who voted for Beowulf and Eliza seemed to be big fans of Scythana as "the third pick", and I genuinely wonder if she would have won a hypothetical third vote sometimes

Last edited:
we are planning on including bug fixes, quality of life changes, and balance adjustments along with this DLC release.
Does this mean that the ps4 version will finally be getting the major updates that came out on PC in May last year?

Like others, I anticipate it's either going to be Umbrella, Black Dahlia, or Marie. And after them one of the others until those 3 are used up.

But, and I'm going to repeat this from previous theorizing threads, if they are to add a new character outside of those 3, I expect them to flesh out and add perspective to the world of Skullgirls. I love the DLC vote characters, but many of them fall into the trap of being redudant of filling a space another character already does (Cerebella + Black Dahlia would cover everything mafia related, rending the circus characters unnecessary)

In other words, a good moveset doth not necessarily make a good character

I doubled checked and my current top two appear to be Scythana and Minette, for fulfilling both my perspective and moveset uniqueness. Those are my two favorites, but just like everyone else should be doing, I will most likely respect what characters chosen by the team.
Honestly that's similar reasoning to why I want Venus. Adding either Venus or Aeon would not only flesh out the metaphysical aspects of the skullgirls world, they would also expand on the ancient Egyptian timeframe due to Eliza killing them in her bid for power.

So we get more skullheart lore, more Trinity and multiverse lore, possible Delilah lore, possible Neferu lore, and possible elaboration on the Double/Queen Lamia connection. A someone invested in the world of Skullgirls, that is extremely exciting to me. Plus, I think Venus' gimmick is rad.

Honestly that's similar reasoning to why I want Venus. Adding either Venus or Aeon would not only flesh out the metaphysical aspects of the skullgirls world, they would also expand on the ancient Egyptian timeframe due to Eliza killing them in her bid for power.

So we get more skullheart lore, more Trinity and multiverse lore, possible Delilah lore, possible Neferu lore, and possible elaboration on the Double/Queen Lamia connection. A someone invested in the world of Skullgirls, that is extremely exciting to me. Plus, I think Venus' gimmick is rad.
I see that! Although admittedly I worry about them being added before, say, Marie or Isaac. If their stories are "About the mystery or intrigue of the world" type of deal, you know.

I see that! Although admittedly I worry about them being added before, say, Marie or Isaac. If their stories are "About the mystery or intrigue of the world" type of deal, you know.
I can definitely understand that. I still see Marie as being more of a willing pawn on that end of things though. I dont get the impression she cares about anything the skullheart or the trinity wants. We've already seen during Double's story that all she cares about is eradicating the medici, so I don't think her story will play in to the mystique of her situation that much.

Isaac though, I think you're right on the money there.

I'd take either the three canon-required -Marie, Umbrella, and Black Dahlia- or any of the Lab 8 soldiers.

My Annie 2nd Encore questionnaire:
☐ When's Annie?
☐ Will Annie art be added to the Digital Art Compendium?
☐ Will Annie get 27 colors like the rest of the cast?

Last edited:
Hey there, everyone!
Thanks for all the questions you've been asking, and sorry for the delay in answering them.
We'll have some answers for you next week on a lot of these topics, so I'm going to hold off directly answering stuff until then. Stay tuned!

Hey there, everyone!
Thanks for all the questions you've been asking, and sorry for the delay in answering them.
We'll have some answers for you next week on a lot of these topics, so I'm going to hold off directly answering stuff until then. Stay tuned!
Thank you! Is that when we will be seeing the 2021 road map as well?

i feel like its gonna be umbrella
CKN anchor appeared in parasouls story right??
Who else loves loves loves ice cream
Skeleton refers to maybe a skullgirl and what with their family already i'd say that's connection enough but we'll see in the future