• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Skullgirls animated Movie

Blingboss117

Reaction score
Is there, or will there be a skullgirls animated movie? It'd be nice to see one.

Reactions: Art3mes
Is there, or will there be a skullgirls animated movie? It'd be nice to see one.
Skullgirls is a 2D fighting game developed by Reverge Labs and published by Autumn Games. The game was released through the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in North America, Europe, and Australia from April to May 2012, and later received a Japanese release by CyberFront for the PlayStation Network in February 2013. A Microsoft Windows version, developed by Lab Zero Games and co-published by Autumn Games and Marvelous, was released in August 2013. A Japanese arcade version, produced by M2 for the NESiCAxLive service, was released in 2015. A mobile spin-off of the game, developed by Hidden Variable Studios and published by Line, was released for Android and iOS devices in May 2017.

After this surprise season of new character DLC, who knows what the future holds? 🤩

I don't know about a Animated Movie, but they announced a Comic.
In a couple weeks, it will be a couple years since the announcement and the duo has nothing to show but more alternate universe fanfiction (Skulldudes). I think the WEBTOON deal is dead 💀

Skulldudes is the kind of derivative doujinshi that isn't my cup of tea, so I'm secretly glad the project was quietly squashed. In short, I want pros to make a Skullgirls comic, not amateurs.

Reactions: Diony
After this surprise season of new character DLC, who knows what the future holds? 🤩

In a couple weeks, it will be a couple years since the announcement and the duo has nothing to show but more alternate universe fanfiction (Skulldudes). I think the WEBTOON deal is dead 💀

Skulldudes is the kind of derivative doujinshi that isn't my cup of tea, so I'm secretly glad the project was quietly squashed. In short, I want pros to make a Skullgirls comic, not amateurs.
The webtoons deal is still alive and well according to Cellsai, it's just "taking longer than expected to actually produce" (SG Discord). Besides, the Twitter post about it announced its "early pre-production", so there wasn't ever really an indication of its release being anytime soon other than the dubious "coming soon" caption, and if guilds are any indication, that doesn't mean anything. The two artists mentioned were also involved in animating Annie from what I understand, so that might have also contributed to its late release.

Welp the webtoon is officially here and it is good so far