• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

WHY!!!

Izarck

Reaction score

I honestly love this game I love its art and how careful, it is in that aspect (the development of umbrella) its music, its chaotic story using the resource of inter-dimensional cracks with excellent mastery (the variants) the dynamism of its gameplay and its infinite potential and everything that the developers did in all the patches were pure hits. I can't be more satisfied with their work, but why? Why! They ruined the PF.

How led them to spoil the most popular game mode because prize fights are the cornerstone of the game. The rift battles are going to sink in the long run thanks to this "Mutually Exclusive Prize Fight Difficulties" feature that I don't know Is it true they did it with good intentions or just want to get more profit from "Skullgirls Mobile" What soulless executive touched this fruit of the love and passion of the developers and the community they helped to create over the years I was not satisfied that the game is a "gacha" or is it the cause of the global economic recession due to the covid. I really don't understand if this function stops and frustrates anyone who is in the middle of the progress in the game or is going to reach that point (the race to obtain a gold will be very difficult) the already very low possibility of climbing in rift battles. It is going to stagnate due to insufficient resources, everything is spoiled, which makes the game "pay to win". It is very sad because the community is not stupid. Beginning of the end little by little the game will be empty, something with so much care in the details and passion will be forgotten.
the community should uphold this proclamation. You can do anything with the game, but don't touch the prize fights!
Because I remember reading a comment

Last edited:
Hey, before you only could get a gold character if you made 20-25 millions in the PF. With this lock mode now you only have to make 7 millions in gold prize fights! :D

So, yes, it's easier!

at the cost of gold resources, points and keys that make Rift Battles unrealizable.
especially the amount of variants that we can obtain. The raw material to increase rarity to variant.
reaping character points will be impossible.

Last edited:
Hey, before you only could get a gold character if you made 20-25 millions in the PF. With this lock mode now you only have to make 7 millions in gold prize fights! :D

So, yes, it's easier!
and the freedom to play our way

The devs of SGM are very open to feedback and have gone on record saying they are aware of the issues that arise with the newly introduced mutual exclusivity thing with prize fights. They aren’t a soulless entity bent on suddenly making the game pay to win (much less due to COVID, otherwise they wouldn’t have made such so-called P2W decisions over a year after the whole thing started), I believe the prize fight change was one of good intentions that had unfortunate oversites.

Regarding the freedom to ”play our way,” they devs have stated they want to find ways to reduce what they perceive as unhealthy grinding and the need some people feel to go through every single difficulty of every prize fight and every daily. Whether the prize fight change was a good way to go about this is up to you, but I don’t think mutual exclusive prize fights are the problem themselves, it’s the lack of compensation for less theo per rotation and the lack of lower tier rewards as you move up the prize fight ladder.

People who can participate in the diamond prize fight aren’t really affected by the change since they most likely have a trove of keys at their disposal and the -65 theo per rotation is compensated by dia keys and gold relic shards and coins, but the same can’t be said for any of the lower tiers. Tweaking the rewards and making lower tier rewards included in higher tier prize fights, in my opinion, could keep unhealthy grinding to a minimum without sacrificing anything. There are also tons of suggestions in the update notes thread. As I understand it, it isn’t necessarily the restriction of the ability to do every prize fight that’s troubling for people, but the resources that are restricted as a result. Does anyone actually like grinding for bronze/silver prize fight milestones?

As for the “decline” of Rifts - the Rift system is and has been heavily flawed, and reverting this change, while it may make keys and fodder more accessible, won’t come close to fixing it. From last minute attacking to higher level players being forced to bully lower level players to the boring and stale Rift meta that consists of Frost RTS, Model Leader, and dozens of dupe Blue Screens and Immoral Fibers with Final Fight to more than half of the catalysts being rarely used/downright useless, Rift needs something bigger to encourage and motivate people to actually put time and effort into it.

Does anyone actually like grinding for bronze/silver prize fight milestones?
Actually, I do. It's always nice to put all these bronzes and silvers to work. For me, at least.
Also, I do like some concepts (well, fight modifiers) in silver Prize Fights. For now the modifiers are my favourite part of the Diamond Prize Fights. It's interesting and challenging.

My main issue with the Prize Fights exclusivity is about the less experienced players being forced to participate in only one mode, instead of trying out a higher difficulty. This doesn't give much opportunity to progress, if you ask me.

Reactions: Izarck
Limits the player to a single mode for 3 days!. It is very boring, ruined the dynamism and gameplay of the PF.

Actually, I do. It's always nice to put all these bronzes and silvers to work. For me, at least.
Also, I do like some concepts (well, fight modifiers) in silver Prize Fights. For now the modifiers are my favourite part of the Diamond Prize Fights. It's interesting and challenging.

My main issue with the Prize Fights exclusivity is about the less experienced players being forced to participate in only one mode, instead of trying out a higher difficulty. This doesn't give much opportunity to progress, if you ask me.
Those are fair points you brought up about the new prize fight system, though I think they can be addressed while still maintaining (for the most part) mutual exclusivity between prize fights (which I assume is the route the devs plan to choose considering their whole stance around unhealthy grinding), the solution being the implementation of the ability to swap prize fights with the catch that doing so will erase the score of the current prize fight you're in (either that or have the player choose which prize fight's percentile rewards they want to collect and erase all their other scores [but then what would happen if someone forgot to choose which prize fight they want to receive rewards for? Perhaps a system to automatically select which one, but that might get too convoluted]). Under this proposed system, you could also still collect milestone rewards (only once, of course).

This way, less experienced players can experiment between prize fights to see what difficulty fits them best and how far they can go before it becomes too hard, and more experienced players can play as they desire in lower tier prize fights and collect resources without skewing the percentile rewards at the end of each prize fight.

Two additional changes would also be necessary under this system: 1) have each successive prize fight include lower-tier rewards as proposed in my original response and 2) the milestone rewards should be reoriented to include a key(s?) of the corresponding prize fight, perhaps along with some bonus theo/coins/relic shards.

With all these hypothetical changes implemented, each prize fight's percentile rewards would (most likely) stay lowered, players could experiment with higher tier prize fights without being locked into them, people wouldn't feel obligated to grind every prize fight tier and unhealthy grinding would most likely be kept to a minimum, and those who do want to grind lower prize fights for whatever reason could do so and gain bonus rewards while staying "healthy" with their grinding, since they wouldn't have to worry about shooting for 10%.

Reactions: Holy Goose