• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

HERE COMES A NEW... CURRENCY!

evilgordo

Reaction score
FFkVs4dXMAI-SYQ

Maxed out all your main fighters? Saccing dupes to make room for that elusive variant?
So...it's not surprising that thanks to the new Prestige system, there's an influx of Skill Points (SP).

What are players to do? Well Taliesin will gladly take them off you hands!

I have to admit, it's an interesting conversion rate compared to Canopy Coins (CC) and Rift Coin (RC).

Just a couple of quick comparisons:

Bronze Fighter: 30K CC or 100 SP (and 100 SP costs 75 RC)

Character Relic: 100K CC or 150 SP.

Gold Moves: 80K CC or 50 RC or 80 SP

As you can see, it's not a consistent conversion between the 3 'currencies' in the CoC. It makes it difficult to find the CC/RC 'value' of SP.

I guess the one Tribute offering that's of interest is the Gold Fighter.
While we don't know if all Gold variants will be available, the ones shown are definitely NOT ones from PF rewards.
And at 2500SP, is that a 'fair' price? That's equal to saccing 11 (lv1) Gold or 5 Diamond fighters (ok, 33 silver and 87 bronze).

Another use for SP is certainly interesting, while I think SP/CC for unlocking Skill Trees will always take priority, it's a nice option if you have a few thousand SP to spare.

I know those 'excess' SP are burning a hole in your 'Stash' at the moment, just consider how long it took to collect all those points and at 2500 a pop for a Gold figher, how fast they'll disappear...

Thoughts? Concerns? Or, "Shut up and take my SP!?"

For someone that prioritizes collection variety over things like Rift strategy, I love it! However, I can see it being a big help for the latter. Say someone dreams of a triple Xenomorph Double node, if RNG is on their side, they can make it come true.

Seeing the gold fighters on the menu is the most exciting part (especially those two rare variants I don't have!). Would it be too much if there was a 1% chance for a diamond fighter to appear? And at what Skill Point price?

All my character SP pools average around 7k, so I'm willing to spend now and then.

I like it.

Underneath all this is the question of what next? I'm trying for a full catalogue but already have 99% of normal gold variants, really just missing 3 elemental exclusives. I can really appreciate how this will help other catalogue collector types who've not played as long as I have to stick around. That said, boosts, holodeck and dia PF have made it much faster to power level up and dia PF has unlocked the Dia key shortage. Canopy coins and element shards are now the scarce resource but can be harvested. I expect to see a lot more players at max level with more complete catalogues of higher level, marqueed and prestiged fighters soon.

To balance all this goodness we need a steady influx of new variants for existing characters plus the new characters - Umbrella, Black Dahlia and Marie { just saying ;) } all released by end of 2022 and dia moves and catalysts added to push the top end of fighter capabilities and rift defense. I'd also like to see more super rare fighters (that any player can win through RNG) like Oh Mai, Inner Pieces and Necro - bronze through dia. And those perhaps being a little more useful and less for show.

I'd also like a challenge mode where you pick your fighter and then face an endless stream of ever more difficult opponents tagging in (one on one endless mode). See who can take down the most. Maybe put a hard stop at the end of the whole catalogue :D

Mirror mode (right to left fights) would also be great!! :)

And finally thank you to the Devs for all their hardwork and don't forget to increase max move capacity by a couple of hundred move slots. Especially with Umbrella on the way!!

Last edited:
All my character SP pools average around 7k, so I'm willing to spend now and then.

I have SP pools between 5K and 31K but i'll keep the SP for variants that the RNGod won't give me via relics. Chances are the RNGod won't populate my CoC with them either :D Where are you Weekend Warrior?!?

The cost of gold will eat skill points real quick and theres no real rush to max prestige stuff other than for your most used fighters.

More thinking out loud: It would be really cool to have a super-rare tribute only variant of some kind. Even one where you think you're buying one character but then it morphs into the super-rare shape shifting Double when you click on the complete purchase button (for example).

Anyhow, love the way the game keeps progressing.

Cheers
Cod

Last edited:
Well, I'm a fan of Tributes!

Since the update I've 'traded' for 7 golds that I did not have previously. I'm passing on dupes for the moment.

I know 2.5k SP is lot, but if you think about it, if you take a gold to dia and max their level you get 835 SP back, so the net cost is only 1665 SP. As evo fodder, if you don't need the prestige, I dunno if the 2.5k is worth is as you only get 245 SP back, you're better off buy silvers and evo them to gold.

Also, I think the 150 SP for a character relic is a no brainer, yeah if it's a bronze you 'over' pay by 50 SP, but anything else is pure win! I think over time, those purchases will 'break even'.

Personally, I think RC for SP now is a good 'investment' if you're good on Dia Keys/essence for the moment.

The only downside is the total RNG nature of 'getting lucky'...I think those with the patience could do very well buying from the CoC these days.

GLHF!

Reactions: Codlugarthia