• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Adjust Armed Forced Cerebella's Special

ThanatosDK

Reaction score
issue: Armed Forces Cerebella's special last too long, it changes the pace of gameplay in a disruptive way and your only counter is that it does not proc.

In the later prize fight multipliers matches become increasingly faster because of how atk scales faster than defense and HP do.

This creates a problem at certain combination of +def/+hp/FP where AF Cerebella will get 15 seconds of Defense bonus (on top of high defense)and Unflinching.
This is too long of a duration for Unflinching as a match will usually last from 20-40 seconds and having a special so effective for such a large percentage of the match can prove to be impossible if the RNG is not in your favor.
The usual tap combo is enough to trigger this special making it assured to go out in the start of a match,
Your only option against unflinching is to grab which usually results in a throw break and a follow up combo due to Cerebella's character skill.
Cerebella's MGR can catch you off of a block string making it very unlikely that you can turtle the entire duration of the buff.

My suggestion:
Please adjust AF Cerebella's unflinching to be in line with Peacock's 6 second Unflinching.
Look at adjusting how much FP defense adds so that if we are able to overcome a match like this that we get appropriate Score and Exp.
Also look at defense stacking on problematic characters, I'd include RE Bigband but he doesn't gain unflinching so you can always turtle out his stacks.

Why:
Cerebella has more damage potential with six seconds of Unflinching than U Peacock because Cerebella can always MGR a turtling opponent, the increased duration adds to this. Being able to have so much defense off of such a reliable proc that your opponent deals chip damage for 15 seconds at a time upsets the pace of gameplay.
This game is a single player experience so making changes like this shouldn't really effect players with this character on their team as AF with max defense is already enough to go toe-to-toe, a change like this would assist user experience by adding balance to the stat weights.
I agree that certain stats should benefit certain units more than other units but it shouldn't be so slanted in favor of defense stacking units with defensive specials particularly when at its base defense is a +% that modified a +% and stats like attack are +stat modified by +%.

What do you think? Please contribute constructively.

Tldr: Bring Armed Forces Cerbella's special inline with Untouchable Peacock's special.

If anything, Armed Forces needs some sort of buff to make her as reliable as Harlequin.

Tldr: Bring Armed Forces Cerbella's special inline with Untouchable Peacock's special.

Untouchable SA: 15% chance when hit to turn that damage to 0 and gain unflinching for 6s (also applies while blocking)

Armed Forces SA: 5% chance when hit to gain amor and unflinching for 15s

If Armed Forces effect durations were nerfed, then the proc rates should be significantly increased to something like 15% chance when hit to gain armor and unflinching for 6s (also applies while blocking).

Reactions: ThanatosDK
If anything, Armed Forces needs some sort of buff to make her as reliable as Harlequin.

If Armed Forces effect durations were nerfed, then the proc rates should be significantly increased to something like 15% chance when hit to gain armor and unflinching for 6s (also applies while blocking).
I agree entirely with increasing the proc chance post duration adjustment, that keeps the pace quick for high level play

I agree entirely with increasing the proc chance post duration adjustment, that keeps the pace quick for high level play

You know what, after thinking about it I think Armed Force just might be more reliable (and easier to play against) if her proc was higher and duration was shorter. Often in fights where I'm using her, I've found the 15s to be rarely beneficial since 5% was a very low chance of activation to begin with. And even when you get 15s unflinching you'll rarely actually take advantage of it cuz it will just run out during your counter-attack.

You know what, after thinking about it I think Armed Force just might be more reliable (and easier to play against) if her proc was higher and duration was shorter. Often in fights where I'm using her, I've found the 15s to be rarely beneficial since 5% was a very low chance of activation to begin with. And even when you get 15s unflinching you'll rarely actually take advantage of it cuz it will just run out during your counter-attack.

A shorter duration and more reliable proc chance means when playing against AF you'll get to approach, in a bag rng scenario, every 6 seconds.

As a player using AF you have a more reliable getaway along with a special you can take full advantage of as it's unlikely following a ground>air>extender>air>bb combo that you'll have enough duration to approach again.

Seems like a win-win for everyone to have a change like this.

Reactions: moisterrific
A shorter duration and more reliable proc chance means when playing against AF you'll get to approach, in a bag rng scenario, every 6 seconds.

As a player using AF you have a more reliable getaway along with a special you can take full advantage of as it's unlikely following a ground>air>extender>air>bb combo that you'll have enough duration to approach again.

Seems like a win-win for everyone to have a change like this.

It sounds pretty good on paper but we won't know for sure until it's put to the test.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
I want to use Armed Forces more because of her abilities but half the time, just like you said, the rate at which her ability actually activates is so low that it's astounding. I have to be fighting against multi-hit characters like painwheel or big band to reliably get it activated, and don't even bother wanting more than 1 stack of armor.

I'd personally really like the higher proc shorter duration because, honestly, her armor ability is nigh useless because the activation rate is simply waaaaay too low for it to make an impact reliably in battle.