• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters There needs to be some way to insure we get the Character Relic exclusive fighters.

Wulfy-prime

Reaction score
I just did 48 pulls (Four 11-pulls and four single pulls) for Beowulf. Out of all of them, I only got 1 gold, Wulfsbane, which I'll definitely be getting in Wulf's next event anyway. That's... sort of bull. Like, I know RNG's gonna RNG, but I saved up for a long time. I'm not entirely salty or anything, because I wasn't going to spend those Theonite on anyone else or anything, but it still sort of sucks. I'm sure others have had the same problem before.

The Fix:

Have a Character Store where we can go and just buy the character we want. They'll be more expensive of course (750 Theonite?) But we can get what we need, one and done, without the hassle of RNG. Games like Pokemon Duel have a LOT wrong with balancing, but they at least do this so you're not constantly doing pulls for the .5% (I'm not exaggerating here, there are the exact chances of getting a specific highest rarity figure in that game) chance of getting, say, the Charizard you need for your team setup. This actually encourages people to go and put more money in the game, because they know they can just buy what they need. The Gacha system goes and turns a lot of people off, but offering a chance to get the high tier characters, even at an inflated price, makes it seem worth it if you're guaranteed to get it with no fear of the RNG screwing you over.

Now, if you don't mind me. I'm gonna take a day off from this game. I don't think I'll be able to look at it for at least 24 hours >_>

I just did 6 x 11 pulls and got no gold Beowulf :3 :3 :3

I think games like this thrive on RNG though. So purchasing characters directly using theonite is generally a big no-no. I just wonder, is the % for character specific relics a lot less than the normal gold standard characters from the normal relic pulls? :3

Last edited:
I just did 6 x 11 pulls and got no gold Beowulf :3 :3 :3

I think games like this thrive on RNG though. So purchasing characters directly using theonite is generally a big no-no. I just wonder, is the % for character specific relics a lot less than the normal gold standard characters from the normal relic pulls? :3
Character specific relic has lower rates for gold than general. There is a thread about the rates.

In the future? perhaps. But right now there's not enough fighters per character to warrant something like that imo.
Otherwise you could easily get the relic exclusive by doing one week of dailies and PFs, get the other gold by doing the PF and silvers/bronzes are easy enough to get anyway.

There would be no more incentive to get relics then.

Or the characters need a massive price tag to warrant the 100% chance of getting a rare one, but then people are gonna scream pay-to-win because you need to shell out money to buy the best fighters.

Exclusive fighters are really the ONLY thing they have right now to warrant you spending cash on, no matter how frustrating it is "free to play" needs that incentive. A pity timer or 100% eventual chance thing I would think would be necessary if this game cost like 3.99 or something straight out, but it's not.

Plus again the gold exclusive fighter is oftentimes objectively worse than the gold fighter you'd get from the PF mode featuring that character? So far Painwheel is literally the only exception to have the exclusive be the best one.

Sounds like the expected return based on the odds. It doesn't give the ratio of exclusive to non-exclusive golds in the character relics but I think it's under half so it's probably somewhere north of 10-12 11X pulls before you can really say you've been unlucky. Brutal I know but that's really the only bait they have to get people to spend money.

No.

This is a bad idea.

Besides, all of the exclusive gold fighters are less reliable than their non-exclusive golds.

Your tier list puts Buzzkill and Last Hope above Raw Nerv and Silent Kill... Still, I agree the exclusive characters are not "pay to win" items, they're more like rare collector's editions.

Your tier list puts Buzzkill and Last Hope above Raw Nerv and Silent Kill... Still, I agree the exclusive characters are not "pay to win" items, they're more like rare collector's editions.

Some of those list are outdated and I'll update them all soon. Raw Nerv is actually better than Buzzkill.

While I'm not sure guaranteeing the Relic-exclusive fighters is realistic, I do think it should be easier to get them. The way things are now, when the throttling of earnable Theonite, the expensiveness of purchasable Theonite, and the drop rates of relic-exclusive characters, it's actually preventing me from dropping a little cash towards the game because of how unlikely it is to get the good stuff. Considering that the game is free and pretty fun, I'd love to show support for it if it meant I had a realistic chance of getting the exclusive character. But as things stand now, I feel like it would be a waste. Either Theonite should not be so expensive, or the relic-exclusive drop rate should be increased, or we should get more Theonite from Prize Fights.

While I'm not sure guaranteeing the Relic-exclusive fighters is realistic, I do think it should be easier to get them. The way things are now, when the throttling of earnable Theonite, the expensiveness of purchasable Theonite, and the drop rates of relic-exclusive characters, it's actually preventing me from dropping a little cash towards the game because of how unlikely it is to get the good stuff. Considering that the game is free and pretty fun, I'd love to show support for it if it meant I had a realistic chance of getting the exclusive character. But as things stand now, I feel like it would be a waste. Either Theonite should not be so expensive, or the relic-exclusive drop rate should be increased, or we should get more Theonite from Prize Fights.
Thing is, they are the only thing you'd ever have to spend money on.
Every other fighter is easy enough to get - the gold ones you can easily get from prize fights and bronzes and silvers are easy to collect through relics.

The exclusives are currently the only thing making relics attractive long term.

And they reduced theonite rewards in prize fights for a reason, you could easily hord so much in just a few weeks. i'm currently sitting on 4.5k even after buying relics last week when beo released :/

Thing is, they are the only thing you'd ever have to spend money on.
Every other fighter is easy enough to get - the gold ones you can easily get from prize fights and bronzes and silvers are easy to collect through relics.

The exclusives are currently the only thing making relics attractive long term.

And they reduced theonite rewards in prize fights for a reason, you could easily hord so much in just a few weeks. i'm currently sitting on 4.5k even after buying relics last week when beo released :/
They can raise the drop rate without ruining incentive. 1 Gold character (and not even the exclusive one) out of 48 relics is pretty de-incentivizing to me.

They can raise the drop rate without ruining incentive. 1 Gold character (and not even the exclusive one) out of 48 relics is pretty de-incentivizing to me.
What would you bring it down to? It takes 44 openings to get a shard to get for a guaranteed silver/gold, so maybe we cut each number down by a quarter?

What would you bring it down to? It takes 44 openings to get a shard to get for a guaranteed silver/gold, so maybe we cut each number down by a quarter?
What do you mean by "shard to get for a guaranteed silver/gold"?
I dunno, when it comes to drop rates, it's not going to be like every so-and-so relics you get such-and-such. We can't say that the drop rate is 1/48 based on OP's experience, but 1/48 translates to just over 2% drop rate. I wouldn't be surprised if OP got lucky and the drop rate is actually closer to 1%. I dunno, I'd raise the drop rate to maybe 4 or 5% for gold characters. I mean, Gold characters are necessary for some of the really high-level play, like high-streak gold PFs and expert Story fights. If it's too hard to get Gold characters, you're essentially locked out of that end-game stuff til you get lucky enough to get one.

What do you mean by "shard to get for a guaranteed silver/gold"?
I dunno, when it comes to drop rates, it's not going to be like every so-and-so relics you get such-and-such. We can't say that the drop rate is 1/48 based on OP's experience, but 1/48 translates to just over 2% drop rate. I wouldn't be surprised if OP got lucky and the drop rate is actually closer to 1%. I dunno, I'd raise the drop rate to maybe 4 or 5% for gold characters. I mean, Gold characters are necessary for some of the really high-level play, like high-streak gold PFs and expert Story fights. If it's too hard to get Gold characters, you're essentially locked out of that end-game stuff til you get lucky enough to get one.
Every 25 relics (I was remembering it wrong, I think) opened nets us a "Shard to Get" relic, which is, as you may have guessed, a relic that yields a hard to get character, most often a silver.
I think 2% is the drop rate, though I'm not too sure. You're right about golds though, as they are pretty necessary. It's getting harder and harder to make it into the top 10% unless you're a god at the game and you are somehow lucky enough to rarely fight bb3s, so golds are getting more difficult for average players like you and I to get. Add to the fact that silvers are still pretty rare, evolution becomes a much harder method to achieve and most of your silvers will be at level 40 for a looooonnng time. I think 5% is a good number, which makes it a lot more fair for us to get these characters.

Last edited:
The devs explicitly stated the rates in the beginner guide section. They're already better than 2%.
Still pretty low though. At least it's better than nothing, but that's still kind of hard to get. Thanks for the numbers though. I hadn't heard of this begginers section until now. I think l'll go check look for it before asking more stupid questions.