• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Mobile App Feedback

Do you actually like this game?

• Total voters

TDA

Reaction score
So I just got the mobile game and I must say it is absolutely horrendous. In my personal opinion this game could singlehandedly ruin the franchise. I absolutely love Skullgirls and have been watching it grow from very early on. I've bought the game several times on different platforms as well as doc several times on different platforms. This mobile version is just completely trash. Just like that horrible mobile version of MKX, this game is not a fighter. It's a f****** card game that you just spend money on to hope you get some "characters" (really just cards) and basically turn on auto play. I don't understand why such amazing games always turn into such complete garbage when they go mobile. I was so excited for this release too but now I know that it was a horrible waste of enthusiasm and time. Like you can't even play the game without a network connection. That's absolutely ridiculous. This game should be destroyed and rewritten from the ground up with how horrendous it is for the franchise. And I hate saying negative things about this franchise because I've only ever praised it for how perfect it was. But that's just my view on things.

TLDR; Game is trash, not a fighter, bad for franchise reputation.

I've been playing since the beta and soft launch, all I can say is Skullgirls is the best fighting game I've ever played on mobile. This game is surprisingly generous with good drops, as a matter of fact the best fighters I got were from the free relics after completing story mode.

There are way more strategic depth to the game than just "throw money at it, hope you get a good fighter and turn on fight assist." But of course you wouldn't know that unless you've actually played the game for awhile past the tutorial.

I've been playing since the beta and soft launch, all I can say is Skullgirls is the best fighting game I've ever played on mobile. This game is surprisingly generous with good drops, as a matter of fact the best fighters I got were from the free relics after completing story mode.

There are way more strategic depth to the game than just "throw money at it, hope you get a good fighter and turn on fight assist." But of course you wouldn't know that unless you've actually played the game for awhile past the tutorial.

Yes, I would not know a lot of this without playing the game for quite some time. This was my initial impressions of the game and, to me personally, a HUGE turn off for the game. I've seriously loved the SkullGirls franchise but this is by far (again this is my opinion) one of the worst things that could have came out for a mobile game. Don't get me wrong, it could definitely be worse. But it is not even remotely close to the best that it could have been in my personal opinion. Everything stated in the original post is my opinions obviously. I was stating my feelings of the game and will probably continue to severely dislike this game. I may give it another chance and play a little more but I highly doubt that I will ever begin to really enjoy it. I gave MKX Mobile the same benefit of doubt but that was beyond horribly misplaced. I would much rather have paid like $3 or so for a game with like 2 characters then been able to unlock like 1-2 more with a bunch of micro-transactions of like $1-2 per character in a game that was actually a closer to original game than have this basically just Card Game version of a "fighter". Once again, these are my personal opinions. I'm sure the high majority will disagree with my views because I am very anti-mobile gaming people tell me. But these are my views and opinions.

You're saying "in my opinion" a lot. But, you haven't really explained how the simplified combat or monetization model are making the game worse with imagined alternatives other than demanding an entirely different game.

I'd be interested to hear small, achievable goals that would make you more at ease with character acquisition, progression, and control.

I imagine it's difficult to recieve feedback if the only solution is to destroy the game.

I don't think this could ruin the reputation of console Skullgirls, though. If anything, if you loved the aesthetic but loathed everything else, and knew of the console game beforehand, there's no reason to think the console game uses collection or RPG progression mechanics.

Welcome to the forum!
It's totally fine to have negative opinions of the game - that's what the Feedback section is for!
However, despite your long posts you've given very little information as to what you actually find horrible. I think the only real details you said you don't like are:
It's a f****** card game that you just spend money on to hope you get some "characters" (really just cards) and basically turn on auto play.
and
Like you can't even play the game without a network connection.
Not liking the gacha card system - I totally understand. The way SG handles it so far, I don't really mind, but I've definitely seen it abused in other games. I don't think it will, but I hope SG doesn't change it's very generous character system down the road.

Honestly I don't really buy your complaint about turning on Auto-Play. Using that system will basically make you lose every single game except if you've massively leveled up your team above the opponent's. It really sounds like you've barely spent any time with the game. It's fine if you don't like it, and your feedback is totally welcome, but basing your dislike on something that most folks will immediately say is false is not a strong argument.

The network connection issue I can totally understand too. I use a lot of trains, so it's annoying for me too, but unfortunately it's a requirement for games that have a loot box system like Skullgirls.

I would much rather have paid like $3 or so for a game with like 2 characters then been able to unlock like 1-2 more with a bunch of micro-transactions of like $1-2 per character in a game that was actually a closer to original game than have this basically just Card Game version of a "fighter"
This is good feedback! However, what do you mean closer to the original? Do you like the controls as they are now, or would you prefer 6 buttons and a control stick?

Last edited:
So I just got the mobile game and I must say it is absolutely horrendous. In my personal opinion this game could singlehandedly ruin the franchise. I absolutely love Skullgirls and have been watching it grow from very early on. I've bought the game several times on different platforms as well as doc several times on different platforms. This mobile version is just completely trash. Just like that horrible mobile version of MKX, this game is not a fighter. It's a f****** card game that you just spend money on to hope you get some "characters" (really just cards) and basically turn on auto play. I don't understand why such amazing games always turn into such complete garbage when they go mobile. I was so excited for this release too but now I know that it was a horrible waste of enthusiasm and time. Like you can't even play the game without a network connection. That's absolutely ridiculous. This game should be destroyed and rewritten from the ground up with how horrendous it is for the franchise. And I hate saying negative things about this franchise because I've only ever praised it for how perfect it was. But that's just my view on things.

TLDR; Game is trash, not a fighter, bad for franchise reputation.

You seem to be triggered mostly because you can't play the game without internet.

Anyway, most fighter games on mobile have the "card game" format, which means you don't like 99.99% of the fighting games on mobile.

Therefore, you don't like fighter games on mobile. Easy solution. Move on.

This game is by far outclasses ANY fighter game on mobile. If you can't see that, you haven't played many mobile fighter games.

You're saying "in my opinion" a lot. But, you haven't really explained how the simplified combat or monetization model are making the game worse with imagined alternatives other than demanding an entirely different game.

I'd be interested to hear small, achievable goals that would make you more at ease with character acquisition, progression, and control.

I imagine it's difficult to recieve feedback if the only solution is to destroy the game.

I don't think this could ruin the reputation of console Skullgirls, though. If anything, if you loved the aesthetic but loathed everything else, and knew of the console game beforehand, there's no reason to think the console game uses collection or RPG progression mechanics.

I think that it could BRING more attention to Skullgirls! The fighting system is intuitive and could be a gateway game for people who never knew they liked fighting games.

I can't say I condone the gacha system, but it's a valid business strategy. Like others have stated, they really reward players generously for playing consistently and well. Because it takes so long to power up your characters, you only need 3 gold characters before you stop needing to spend gems.

That's not to say there's room for improvement, like how slow it runs on most hardware, the crashes, or how limited the training room is. But it's a good start! I think if they give out some compensation for some of the game-crashing bugs, it could also increase the goodwill of the community.

Of course the mobile version isn't half as good as the real game. Did you expect more for free?

It's a shame you're not enjoying the Skullgirls mobile game.
While I don't have any specific advice on improving the game itself, I wanted to mention that Smart Engines OCR SDK offers powerful OCR and document recognition tools that could be leveraged to create more sophisticated mobile games.
By integrating OCZ technology into a game, you could all players to scan and manage important documents within the game easily. It could be especially useful in games that collect and trade virtual items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erick Draves
It's a shame you're not enjoying the Skullgirls mobile game.

Hellooooo Anaa! I think this is* a looong past post of some random troll guy. But is a good spot to tell his ghost that this free to play game is even easier to... play, to get theonite and canopy gold coins (they actually throw it at you, ouch, oh my!! that hurts! hey! I never said stop! ouch! Haaaay!!), to get good bronze, silver, gold and even Diamond variants in weekly or montly events!... and a large ETC. with an awesome webcomic and new characters for the roster...

It´s a shame he didn´t stayed for the party, but now for us, it´s SHOWTIME!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshBot