• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Setting Defensive Movesets

qlimax

Reaction score
Hi there,

So what im suggesting here is a Quality of Life thing that will make the endgame in skullgirls alot easier for easier. It can be useful at any point in the game but youll get the most value out of it later in the game.

So I'd like to state that some moves are alot better to have for a defensive character. An example that springs to mind is wulf shoot. Ofcourse you can use it for an attacker but it is very good move for a defensive Beowulf because it connects really easily the way people like to keep blocking and waiting for an attack. There are examples of those moves for pretty much every character. However there are also moves that dont work out very often for a defensive character (looking at you magnetic trap) but are golden for offensive business (Magnetic trap <3).

So what im proposing is that when to select fighters for our rift defense (or even prizefight defense) we can select the moves we want them to have for that defense. The moves will be locked and youll have to enter your rift defense so change them again. After they are locked in you can change the moves again in your character selection in the menu or wherever back to your offensive loadout. This way one would not have to spend 10-20 min before a rift to change all the moves to defense to then change them back when its time to clear the enemys defense. I dont do this nor do i think alot of people do just because its too much time for too little reward. For example I dont use a BB3 on every character simply because it takes too much time to charge them on offense. For my def I'd love to have all my characters equipped with on tho because it makes your rift alot stronger.

Alternatively a moveset saver could also work. That way you can save the combination of your 5 prefered offensive moves and swap quickly without having to search for each of your defensive moves.
For example: Save moveset > name=Harley Off
Save moveset > name=Harley Def

i know this probably wont be a priority since its quite a lategame thing where you have lots of moves with different stats and so on. but I do think it would also be quite useful for people early game that want a BB3 on their def for example and right now its very possible to go that extra mile and invest another 10-20min setting your moves but i feel like most people cant be asked to do it (like me ^^')

Thank you for even considering to do something like this. I'm not a programmer in anyway so it hard for me to tell how much work this kind of thing would require and it its worth the effort. I appreciate all the hard work you do with the game. love you devs <3

I'd really love to see something like that happen! Building a bit on it:

1) Open a character, tap equip.
Assign the moves you want on offense as you would right now.

2) Tap some new button (defensive move set) on that screen
A new row of moves shows up with the ones you selected for offense grayed out.
Empty slots in that alternative set will use your default ones (reflected in your current total load as well).
If you equip a move in that alternative set, that one will be used on defense (and defense only) instead of the one still equipped in that slot for offense.

3) If you leave the screen and come back to the same character...
That extra row is displayed automatically if anything is specifically equipped to it.

Some bits to note:
- Thus you'd only need to "mask" the moves you don't want on defense with the ones you want.
- If you ignore the feature, it doesn't change the current system (no added taps when setting up defenders).
- No risk to forget switching sets where needed.
- No risk to end with an empty defensive move set.
- Your moves are still easy to find if you need them for another character or anything.

Hi there,

So what im suggesting here is a Quality of Life thing that will make the endgame in skullgirls alot easier for easier. It can be useful at any point in the game but youll get the most value out of it later in the game.

So I'd like to state that some moves are alot better to have for a defensive character. An example that springs to mind is wulf shoot. Ofcourse you can use it for an attacker but it is very good move for a defensive Beowulf because it connects really easily the way people like to keep blocking and waiting for an attack. There are examples of those moves for pretty much every character. However there are also moves that dont work out very often for a defensive character (looking at you magnetic trap) but are golden for offensive business (Magnetic trap <3).

So what im proposing is that when to select fighters for our rift defense (or even prizefight defense) we can select the moves we want them to have for that defense. The moves will be locked and youll have to enter your rift defense so change them again. After they are locked in you can change the moves again in your character selection in the menu or wherever back to your offensive loadout. This way one would not have to spend 10-20 min before a rift to change all the moves to defense to then change them back when its time to clear the enemys defense. I dont do this nor do i think alot of people do just because its too much time for too little reward. For example I dont use a BB3 on every character simply because it takes too much time to charge them on offense. For my def I'd love to have all my characters equipped with on tho because it makes your rift alot stronger.

Alternatively a moveset saver could also work. That way you can save the combination of your 5 prefered offensive moves and swap quickly without having to search for each of your defensive moves.
For example: Save moveset > name=Harley Off
Save moveset > name=Harley Def

i know this probably wont be a priority since its quite a lategame thing where you have lots of moves with different stats and so on. but I do think it would also be quite useful for people early game that want a BB3 on their def for example and right now its very possible to go that extra mile and invest another 10-20min setting your moves but i feel like most people cant be asked to do it (like me ^^')

Thank you for even considering to do something like this. I'm not a programmer in anyway so it hard for me to tell how much work this kind of thing would require and it its worth the effort. I appreciate all the hard work you do with the game. love you devs <3
This is a great idea cannot add to it really. Stops the spies as well from your profile screen.

Reactions: qlimax