• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Reworking suggestion of Megalomaniac

Aoskull

Reaction score
According to some threads or in-game chat, it seems that some people think Megalomaniac needs rework. Actually, same things happen in JP community, there are some comments about her like “not as strong as I thought”, “can't play an active role in offensive side” or “created just for the purpose of rift defense” in JP wiki. So I made a suggestion of reworked abilities.

Megalomaniac🔵

Sig1- When Marie is alive, she gains permanent ARMOR for every 35/30/25% health lost by any teammates. 1 stack of ARMOR is removed when her opponent uses BB.

Sig2 - When Marie is active fighter and has at least 3 stacks of ARMOR, she deals damage every 15 seconds equal to 10/12/15% of opponent’s MAX HEALTH and inflicts STUN for 3 seconds.

•Yes, I totally agree with the comments of wiki. She can be strong in multiple-character node in rift with armor rating or frost armor, but because of armor removing effects, there is a part that she relies too much on catalysts. Therefore, for opponent, it is easy to counter her by curse, hex, buff removing etc. Weaker than rift in prize defense.
For offense, she becomes worse. Unlike other variants, she can’t use BB casually because of her self armor removal effect, makes her very indecisive. Also, her “weight of our will” has strong BB gauge reduce effect, but since it’s BB, this is really putting the cart before the horse.

• There's no point in strangling yourself, so I think it's a good adjustment to remove the self armor removal effect of sig1. This will allow her to use BB in the same way as other variants. Also, I made 30% to 25%. In this way, she can get 4 stacks of armor if one of her teammate is defeated, making her opponent to use 1 extra BB to reduce her armor by 2 stacks. It allows her to making it easier to activate sig2 on her own.

•I made a change with her sig2 too. This change makes her really useful especially in offense of high-difficulty mode. Also, it has no dependence on ATK, you can invest options other than ATK to make her more comfortable to use. If you managed to maintain 3 armors by 1 minutes, she can reduce 60% of opponent’s health! (Unholy is 40% by 20 seconds, so maybe not OP compared to her…)

Reactions: SvenS2 and Kheul
Hey, hope you are doing well.

Wasn't expecting to see a Megalomaniac rework, but it's a welcome one. Here are my thoughts. Reworked SA1 sounds perfect to me, but I think you've sacrificed way too much defensive capabilies on SA2 to make it a somewhat viable offensive option. The way reworked SA2 works benefits more on offense than it is on defense. Because she doesn't care about scaling anymore and just slaps them with fixed 15% health damage. While this doesn't affect her performance in rift drastically, but she would be a breeze to deal with in prize fights. You can even ignore her SA2 with just immunity as she wouldn't really be a threat at all in high streak defenses or even in rifts as you can exactly tell how much damage it is going to do.

I think her damage on SA2 is underwhelming on the defensive side because her concept has been: "Kill me first or you're gonna have a bad time" for me since I saw her kit. Though I understand she can't be dealing a huge damage with her SA2 unlike Immoral Fiber. But I expect her to be more threatening in defense as she can be easily shut down with a little to none effort.

See you around!

Hey, hope you are doing well.

Wasn't expecting to see a Megalomaniac rework, but it's a welcome one. Here are my thoughts. Reworked SA1 sounds perfect to me, but I think you've sacrificed way too much defensive capabilies on SA2 to make it a somewhat viable offensive option. The way reworked SA2 works benefits more on offense than it is on defense. Because she doesn't care about scaling anymore and just slaps them with fixed 15% health damage. While this doesn't affect her performance in rift drastically, but she would be a breeze to deal with in prize fights. You can even ignore her SA2 with just immunity as she wouldn't really be a threat at all in high streak defenses or even in rifts as you can exactly tell how much damage it is going to do.

I think her damage on SA2 is underwhelming on the defensive side because her concept has been: "Kill me first or you're gonna have a bad time" for me since I saw her kit. Though I understand she can't be dealing a huge damage with her SA2 unlike Immoral Fiber. But I expect her to be more threatening in defense as she can be easily shut down with a little to none effort.

See you around!
Hi there! Glad to see you again.

Well, I understand your thought that want use her totally defensive, but I want to use her in offensive side more comfortably.
You want her to be more defensive and I want her to be also offensive. How do we reconcile that? Well, maybe I found the answer of it… Here’s the 2nd suggestion.

Megalomaniac🔵(2nd)

Sig1- When Marie is alive, she gains permanent ARMOR for every 35/30/25% health lost by any teammates. 1 stack of ARMOR is removed when her opponent uses BB. (No change)

Sig2 - When Marie is active fighter and has at least 3 stacks of ARMOR, she deals damage every 15 seconds equal to 10/12/15% of opponent’s MAX HEALTH, remove all opponent’s buff and inflicts STUN for 4 seconds.

•If her damage on SA2 is underwhelming on defense, how about stun? It can completely stop opponent’s move, which is really useful in defense but also in offense too. Stun is featured in both offensive and defensive variants, (like Resident Evil, Meow & Furever, Dream Catcher,Fire Branded etc.) so I came up with an adjustment focusing on stun.

• I added buff removal effect in her sig2. This allows you to inflict stun without being ignored by immunity, and bring the fighter who uses a lot of buffs to a standstill. This should help to cover an issue with her sig2 damage on defense. Still, it is weak against opponent’s resistance and hex, but fortunately she can use quietus by many of her moves, it is possible to ignore resistance and stun them certainly.

• Also, stun duration increases by 1 second. This allows you to buy a little time before the next sig2 is activated and makes it easier for the defending AI to hit attacks. If she managed to hit weight of our will during stun duration, she can take the situation to her own pace and lead her team to the victory both offense and defense.

I really learn a lot from your opinions every time. Let's talk again in my future post, friend! (Btw I think I attacked a rift base of the same player name as you and won a few weeks ago…)

• Love
Reactions: Kheul
Yeah, your deduction is right. You want her to be more useful on the offensive while I want to it to be focused on the defensive. I think this newer SA2 is pretty good. With this new SA2 she can be more threatening on the defensive side, she will definitely be more oppressing and won't let them get away with letting her live for long. And on the offensive side she can be more useful with occasional utility and damage she provides. I think when paired with a TRAUMA CENTER Valentine she can let herself be worn down to get her SA2 activated, then recover that lost hp with the lifesteal bb2 Marie has, then the fun begins.

I like this version a lot, it is pretty well thought.

See you around friend!

//Also yeah I got attacked by you, though got my revenge just before the weekly timer ended hehe

Reactions: Aoskull
Perhaps she could do well with a minor change like not losing Armor stacks on her own Blockbuster uses, only the opponent's. I see a few defenders using Megalomaniac with 5 special moves slotted to prevent the AI from denying itself Judgement Day (SA) procs.

Reactions: SvenS2
Perhaps she could do well with a minor change like not losing Armor stacks on her own Blockbuster uses, only the opponent's. I see a few defenders using Megalomaniac with 5 special moves slotted to prevent the AI from denying itself Judgement Day (SA) procs.
Yep, it's a pretty annoying balancing decision to make her own Blockbusters remove a stack