• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

[4.3] Rift Rework 2.0 updates and Discussions

In the fifth image of first comment,
See how a lvl 60 rookie, cleared a diamond 4 defense.

In the fifth image of first comment,
See how a lvl 60 rookie, cleared a diamond 4 defense.
I noticed that too, but looking at all the photos we have so far, it looks like the ranks we're seeing are because there weren't very many people on the test server. Probably just Devs to start so they had few enough participants to all get Diamond, and after a few weeks of that they invited a few experienced members in, who all started at Rookie. Either that or Rookie might be the rank for people who didn't complete then minimum number of battles.

It does make me wonder if the ranking system is going to work differently though. Like, in the current system everything below 1050 is Rookie, but in a system that resets each week, and one in which probably all the newbs are going to end up with less than they started with, how are ranks going to be determined? Are diamond ranks going to be a set number of players like they are now or are they going to be percentages? Is it even going to stick the the percentage system or will it just be specific point cutoffs? Will Gold 1 be separated from Diamond 4?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diony and Art3mes
It does make me wonder if the ranking system is going to work differently though. Like, in the current system everything below 1050 is Rookie, but in a system that resets each week, and one in which probably all the newbs are going to end up with less than they started with, how are ranks going to be determined? Are diamond ranks going to be a set number of players like they are now or are they going to be percentages? Is it even going to stick the the percentage system or will it just be specific point cutoffs? Will Gold 1 be separated from Diamond 4?
That's a lot of questions.
Calm down.:D
The secret will unfold in the coming days.

Reactions: Diony and Lililira
I noticed that too, but looking at all the photos we have so far, it looks like the ranks we're seeing are because there weren't very many people on the test server. Probably just Devs to start so they had few enough participants to all get Diamond, and after a few weeks of that they invited a few experienced members in, who all started at Rookie. Either that or Rookie might be the rank for people who didn't complete then minimum number of battles.

Cell confirmed in chat that everyone will reset to 1000 every week while retaining whatever rank they achieve. So basically 1000 is the new 2000. Rewards will still be whatever rank you achieve by end of the week.

Re topic in hackers and revenge, if I recall correctly from beta testers in discord you will need to use a ticket to revenge. So if a hacker does not spend an extra ticket then you really won’t have to worry about them.

My guess is that if you currently don’t get attacked much by hackers on PF than you should be pretty safe from hackers. Can always set up a node with Dreadlock as reflect seems to difficult for hackers to deal with.

As for elemental mods per week, even in beta people ended up using light variants for non-light weeks just because they are still more effective on defense despite not getting the mods. The typical DL LH TaF combo is so strong that it’s still more effective than using 3 fire variants during the fire week. Beta testers have provided that feedback and hopefully they will make the fire mods more challenging.

As for elemental mods per week, even in beta people ended up using light variants for non-light weeks just because they are still more effective on defense despite not getting the mods. The typical DL LH TaF combo is so strong that it’s still more effective than using 3 fire variants during the fire week. Beta testers have provided that feedback and hopefully they will make the fire mods more challenging.

And just to add for those who may not be aware, in the BETA there is a secondary modifier aside from the elemental ones in the boss nodes. For example, I remember clearly that during the LIGHT elemental period, the modifiers were O Holy Night and Infected Flesh (Squigly Daily's modifier). Horrible combo, hope that's gone (crossing fingers). So even if you don't have the right elemental variants for that week, your boss node can still be challenging!

Oh no, Infected Flesh is definitely the scariest of the daily event modifiers to me.

Makes me wonder what other modifiers might be pulled in from different sources. Character PF? Master Mode? Other Elemental ones (like are there multiple possible for each element)? Past holiday events? Is there just one from each character daily or can all of them pop up?

There's definitely a wide array to pull from, so things shouldn't get stale. Some of them are noticeably stronger than others though, and that makes me wonder what the score spreads / difficulty curves are going to look like from week to week.

(Also kinda sad to hear that even on Fire week, they were shown up by the more 'standard' Light options seen in current Rift. Light outshines Fire in terms of both quantity and quality of defense variants by a pretty wide margin right now.)

It'd be really nice if the devs could give us some clarity as to whether catalyst and attacker diversity would be introduced in the future (apparently not a chance they'll be in rift 2.0).

1. If the devs are worried about legacy issues, i.e., rendering players' investment in extra copies of the same meta characters/catalysts vain, then full or partial refund of their invested resources could be made. But TBH, there are past incidences of uncompensated lost investment due to large systemic changes, leading to some players quitting the game altogether in serious cases, most notably the change of move stats that got rid of armor break resistance.

2. For those of us who don't have lots of rift coins to spare, we'd have to be fairly prudent in our expenditure. I've passed up multiple opportunnities to acquire another copy of such powerful catas as Curse of Knowledge and Hexy Time just because I assume there would be rift mods that encourage the use of the many other catas and a penalty for repeat use of the same cata.

3. For a game where the fun in collection is almost on par with that in fighting, I think new rift mods should be specifically designed to encourage the use of the seriously under-used catas, e.g. Marked For Deletion, Stun Grenade, Tag n Gag. In the sneak peaks into the new rift so far, there doesn't seem to be any such mods. Same goes for many character variants that're currently collecting dust. I hope they can find niche use cases in rift.

Alternatively, if bonus points and penalties related to attacker/catalyst diversity can't be introduced as such and new mods can't take full advantage of oft-snubbed catas/variants , perhaps further tweaks of SAs of existing variants and of cata capabilities are due.

Last edited: