• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

6.2 Monthly Fighter Palette Discussion

transalpina

Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
New palette preview released on SGM Instagram, can we guess-timate what the references are?
Left -> Right

Peacock - Cuphead (99% Certain)
Filia - Fiona & Cake/Finn & Jake (Also 99% Certain)

Marie - La Chilindrina? (The colors are familiar but I'm not sure..)
Big Band - Wario (99% Certain)

Eliza - ?? (I've heard Ningguang being tossed around..)
Black Dahlia - Bayonetta? (50% Certain)

Make sure to tell me who you think it is in the comments, though.

Attachments

• 6.2 Preview Fighters.PNG
    6.2 Preview Fighters.PNG
    986.8 KB · Views: 52
Peahead, Finn/Fionna Medici/Fillia the human, Mariendrina,WarioBand, Dahliannetta and Eliza is apparently someone from Genshin from what I've been told.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJoker
I’m not sure about the others, but it seems that Eliza is Ningguang from Genshin. I'm more than sure of this. I don’t know about Peacock. And it seems that Filia is a reference to someone from the game Your Turn To Die. (I'm 50% sure of this) And I’m not sure about Black Dahlia, Big Band and Marie.

Reactions: transalpina
I’m not sure about the others, but it seems that Eliza is Ningguang from Genshin. I'm more than sure of this. I don’t know about Peacock. And it seems that Filia is a reference to someone from the game Your Turn To Die. (I'm 50% sure of this) And I’m not sure about Black Dahlia, Big Band and Marie.
I would say that Filia is almost certainly an Adventure Time reference.. as that palette is palette #26 in SG2E. But a reference to Your Turn to Die would be awesome! Same thing with Peacock.. BUT her gloves are yellow instead of white as seen in her palette #26. I guess we'll have to wait for the flavortext/name reference..

Reactions: TheJoker
Still Cuphead, just different reference origins. 2nd Encore palette #26 is Cuphead from the videogame while the one for April is Cuphead from the Netflix show.

cup.jpg
Since HVS will add SGM palettes to 2nd Encore, I wonder if #26 will be updated.

- - - -

APRIL

Peacock = Cuphead
Filia = Finn the Human, Samson = Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)

100% not Fionna and Cake. While Finn and Fionna share similar schemes, Cake is a mostly-white and tan calico cat, not full marigold like Jake.

MAY

Marie = La Chilindrina (El Chavo del Ocho)
Big Band = Wario

Picking a reference from a 1970s Mexican sitcom is great for the Cinco de Mayo theme.

JUNE

Black Dahlia = ???
Eliza = Bayonetta (particularly Bayonetta 3)

If someone shouts "That's Ningguang from Genshin Impact!" I'll take their word for it. I'm not familiar with that game. We have precedent, Marie #14 is Maid of Honor Marie in SGM, based on Noelle from Genshin Impact.

I think Eliza’s motif is Mary from Indivisible, a game that produced by the same company with SG. She came up immediately in a google photo search, But I have a feeling that it's a little (a lot?) different…
IMG_4581.png

Last edited:
Nah fam it’s 100% Finn and Jake look closely at the color palette and it makes more sense then the game Turn to die tbh.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
I think Eliza’s motif is Mary from Indivisible, a game that produced by the same company with SG. She came up immediately in a google photo search, But I have a feeling that it's a little (a lot?) different…
I'd love another Indivisible reference, but Eliza already cosplays as Ajna with her Inner Pieces palette. The combination of brown gloves and cream-and-gold dress pushes me toward agreeing this one is Ningguang:1711397469667.png

💎 Deal Breaker Peacock
SA = Drawing Dead

🥇 Curl Scout Filia
SA = Dare to Dream

- - -

💎 Brass Bandit Big Band
SA = Riff Wrath

🥇 Grin Reaper Marie
SA = Knock 'em Dead

- - -

💎 Hex Caliber Black Dahlia
SA = Fatal Attraction

🥇 Noble Mogul Eliza
SA = Basking in Glory

Perhaps names and Signature Abilities will help. Let me know if you see them in the wild and find out what their quotes are.

💎 Deal Breaker Peacock
SA = Drawing Dead

🥇 Curl Scout Filia
SA = Dare to Dream

- - -

💎 Brass Bandit Big Band
SA = Riff Wrath

🥇 Grin Reaper Marie
SA = Knock 'em Dead

- - -

💎 Hex Caliber Black Dahlia
SA = Fatal Attraction

🥇 Noble Mogul Eliza
SA = Basking in Glory

Perhaps names and Signature Abilities will help. Let me know if you see them in the wild and find out what their quotes are.
Deal Breaker - Certainly Cuphead. O me of little faith. "Don't deal with the devil" theming etc.
Curl Scout - Just looks like Finn & Jake. I don't get what Curl Scout/Dare to Dream means but I also did not watch Adventure Time..
Brass Bandit - Wario. Yeah
Grin Reaper - GRIN REAPER gosh the devs are good. With the Cinco de Mayo event placement, no less. Definitely La Chilindrina.
Hex Caliber - Witch + gun joke? Probably Bayonetta..
Noble Mogul - Ningguang is described as a 'mogul' on the Genshin wiki. We can reasonably say that she's Ningguang.

I'm super excited to get my hands on Curl Scout, Hex Caliber, and Grin Reaper, though! Their signatures are amazing..

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Deal Breaker - Certainly Cuphead. O me of little faith. "Don't deal with the devil" theming etc.
Curl Scout - Just looks like Finn & Jake. I don't get what Curl Scout/Dare to Dream means but I also did not watch Adventure Time..
Brass Bandit - Wario. Yeah
Grin Reaper - GRIN REAPER gosh the devs are good. With the Cinco de Mayo event placement, no less. Definitely La Chilindrina.
Hex Caliber - Witch + gun joke? Probably Bayonetta..
Noble Mogul - Ningguang is described as a 'mogul' on the Genshin wiki. We can reasonably say that she's Ningguang.

I'm super excited to get my hands on Curl Scout, Hex Caliber, and Grin Reaper, though! Their signatures are amazing..
I thought Dealbreaker is inspired by old Mickey Mouse😂

I thought Dealbreaker is inspired by old Mickey Mouse😂
Peahead is based on the Cuphead from the Netflix show design; also Mickey gloves are white and that design was when he wore pants, shirt and a hat, besides Peacocks already has a Mickey inspired pallet on TAF evoking the Steamboat Willie Mickey era

Still Cuphead, just different reference origins. 2nd Encore palette #26 is Cuphead from the videogame while the one for April is Cuphead from the Netflix show.

View attachment 22477
Since HVS will add SGM palettes to 2nd Encore, I wonder if #26 will be updated.

- - - -

APRIL

Peacock = Cuphead
Filia = Finn the Human, Samson = Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)

100% not Fionna and Cake. While Finn and Fionna share similar schemes, Cake is a mostly-white and tan calico cat, not full marigold like Jake.

MAY

Marie = La Chilindrina (El Chavo del Ocho)
Big Band = Wario

Picking a reference from a 1970s Mexican sitcom is great for the Cinco de Mayo theme.

JUNE

Black Dahlia = ???
Eliza = Bayonetta (particularly Bayonetta 3)

If someone shouts "That's Ningguang from Genshin Impact!" I'll take their word for it. I'm not familiar with that game. We have precedent, Marie #14 is Maid of Honor Marie in SGM, based on Noelle from Genshin Impact.
Since the Filia skin (Curl Scout) has the special ability "dare to dream," it's likely Fionna + Cake since Fionna + Cake are essentially Ice King's "dreams" that he writes into stories, which is brought up a few times in the show. Also both Fionna and Finn have blonde hair, which is probably the reason she has yellow/blonde hair (or Samson, idk where Samson starts and her hair ends)
This is just my own theory so idk

Since the Filia skin (Curl Scout) has the special ability "dare to dream," it's likely Fionna + Cake since Fionna + Cake are essentially Ice King's "dreams" that he writes into stories, which is brought up a few times in the show. Also both Fionna and Finn have blonde hair, which is probably the reason she has yellow/blonde hair (or Samson, idk where Samson starts and her hair ends)
This is just my own theory so idk
yeah it's a possibility that since Samson is all one color it'd be extremely challenging to design the palette with spots.