• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters About Dark Horse

Aoskull

Reaction score
In JP community, There are quite a few opinions that Dark Horse is OP, and it's becoming a bit of a debate.
I also feel the same way about this. She can make advantages for all dark teammates by curse and bonus damage just fight for 10 seconds, which makes her too strong as a supporter. For dark element, there are strong fighters for offense like Death Wish, Bloodbath, Dark Might, Shadow Puppet, and Unholy etc., This is also one of the reasons why she is called OP. (Especially Unholy and Dark Might has really synergistic effect with her)

In addition, despite being a support fighter, Dark Horse herself can fight really well because of permanent haste. Her signature2’s Bonus damage is effective for herself too, which also makes her really strong as an offensive fighter.

Many JP players are complaining that While having strong abilities such as bonus damage, curse and haste, the conditions for giving benefits to her allies are too easy. However, if her support abilities are purely nerfed, it will result in a major weakening, so I think it would be best to rework her abilities and shift them from support to offense-specific abilities. As a result, she will not be able to support her teammates, but her own power can be expected to increase significantly. Here’s my suggestion.

Signature1: Gain permanent HASTE and inflict CURSE after facing the same opponent for 15/12/10 seconds. Both effect is removed when Marie or her opponent is defeated or tag out.

Signature2: While she is benefiting from HASTE, all SKELETAL SUMMONS attack deals 50/55/65% bonus damage. While opponent is suffering from CURSE, additionally inflict POWER SURGE for 15 seconds.
(Edit: I changed her signature a little)

I know it will be criticized, but I would like to know what people in the non-Japanese community think about Dark Horse. Sorry for the long message.

Last edited:
Haven't faced those specific teams, but I'm guessing that Zeldasoul (High Ruler) should work wonders against Dark Horse or any teammate she's paired with. Might want to test that theory.

She is quite useful at prize fights as she can easily boost dwish letting her cheese opponents even faster on high streaks. Apart from that I don't really use her. Rifts are more than just dealing damage and buff control now. Catalysts like Cripple Decker and Corossive Element requires careful planning. I do not think she should be nerfed.

Thanks for all comments! I honestly didn't expect you guys to take this seriously for just a Japanese SGM fan.
It seems like most people think Dark Horse doesn’t need a nerf. Well, she is really weak against opponent’s curse or resistance, so the usage of her is really limited. She is also not often seen in prize or rift defense, I think opinons from you guys are reasonable. In conclusion, I think it is safe to say that she is upwardly compatible with Purrfect Dark.
Maybe some JP players will complain about this fact, but I’ll take these opinions seriously and share it to the community.