• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Collection Add Catalyst evolving

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
Currently there are only two sources for Catalysts: the relic store and the cabinet. Given the scarcity of sources for Catalysts, it’s fair to say obtaining them is not that easy. And aside from upgrading and using Catalysts, the only other thing you can do with them is sell them, which is kind of limiting and lame. Therefore, I think it would be fair to make Catalysts evolvable, just like fighters are. A similar premise as evolving fighters could be used for Catalysts, expect that to evolve a catalyst you need multiple copies of that exact same catalyst.

Example:
To evolve a bronze [Big Band Defenders] Armor Rating, you would need to sacrifice 3x bronze [Big Band Defenders] Armor Ratings. No other catalyst type will work, and it must be the same sub-type (i.e. character-specific, element-specific, or general).

Evolving silver to gold would require 4 silvers of the same catalyst. These numbers could be tweaked for balancing purposes if they seem too low. The unique gold catalysts would be exempt from this system as they are unique, so no one could evolve their way to them. But this would make it a little easier to build a nice catalyst collection and also not make getting repeat Catalysts too wasteful. And given the number of variants for a single catalyst type, I think adding this system would not break the balance.

P.S. - keys should also be evolvable. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, @TonyPartridge30!

I'll share this with the rest of the team. Seems like if we were to implement Catalyst evolution, Moves would also be able to work with a similar system.

Reactions: TonyPartridge30
Seems like if we were to implement Catalyst evolution, Moves would also be able to work with a similar system.
My two cents on that: Moves are already pretty easily attainable at all rarity levels, thanks to Daily Events and PFs. While evolving moves could be nice, I think it would be fine to leave them as they are. Maybe if Catalysts had their own PF or something like that, it would be an alternative to making them evolvable.

Reactions: Krazete and Ryouhi