• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved AI Uses Multiple supers and freezes player

Shenbet

Reaction score
I was in Prize Fight fighting a Valentine who used Checkmate Incision and her burst one after another, seemingly the AI activated them perfectly on the same frame. After the AI did this it stayed zoomed in on her and she started attacking me, but I was invincible besides the constant bleed damage ticking down my health. She switched out after her health got low and when Filia was brought in she never appeared on screen, however she too started taking damage until we were both left with 1HP since bleed can't kill you if it's a fight modifier. This ended in me having to leave the fight, still lost my energy from it and junk.

Interesting! I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up, and apologies for the inconvenience/lost energy.

I can confirm that this happened to me as well. It seems that the AI has a chance to spam all its burst options at once and freeze the game. In mine, AI Filia did some move, followed by an immediate burst, and my character froze in her block animation. Filia disappeared from the screen, however, mid-tag to Cerebella, who never showed up on screen. The timer counted down to 0 and I lost.

EDIT: The fight also did not end gracefully. The game froze after I lost. The UI disappeared, but I was stuck with the background, my character (still in her blockstun animation), and dead characters in the background (BB).

Hate to be the bearer of overtold news, but I do believe I've experienced the same bug in a recent event fight (the June 14/15 Gold Peacock event). The Valentine I was fighting seemingly Burst and Super on the same frame, leading to the Block Buster animation to play out and zoom in, immediately followed by the burst animation, but sticking to the zoom in and focus of Valentine. I was using Ivy League Parasoul and facing a Graveyard Shift Valentine (both silver). I was stuck in a standing animation frame and Valentine's attacks went through Parasoul, not registering damage, all just as described here.
In addition, after timing out, Valentine managed to do her victory pose, but both characters were stuck as the game didn't move on to the loss screen and instead stayed on the battle screen of the two unmoving.
Phone: LG V20 ; OS: Android 7.0 ; Skullgirls Version: 1.2.2
(I am sorry to bother you if this is already being looked at, but I just wanted to be sure to bring this to light in case it wasn't.)

Reactions: Ownface
@Akoneo Thanks for following up. I figured that might be the case. Unfortunately, it seems like some fixes didn't make it into the build for some reason.

Reactions: Tujae
I had a similar scenario involving freezing but it was with myself as Valentine against Filia in prize fights. I used BB3 right next to Filia first and then somehow Filia immediately followed up with Gregor Sampson which caused the game to freeze in a peculiar way. The music was still playing, the timer was running down but I couldn't use any moves or tag-ins even though they would highlight. We were just stuck together until I force closed the game. Apple iPhone 6s. I saw it will be resolved later, just thought I'd add in my experience as well.

Last edited:
I also had a similar scenario in Prize Fights. My fight froze during the middle of the match. I believe I had just used Parasoul's Napalm Shot while my opponent was tagging out. This is what happened. (Please ignore the talking in the background. Also, please excuse the low quality.)

I was stuck until the match timed out. I then lost, but the game did not proceed. (Please forgive the background talking once more.)

Here are my specs:
  • Google Pixel
  • Android 7.1.2
  • Version 1.3.0
  • Logged in with a Line account

To be fair, this is the first time I've encountered this particular bug. I'm hoping and assuming the other bugs have already been reported.