• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Are relics rigged for Free-to-Play players?

z3r0d34th7

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Michael here.
I've read in the game chat that people suggest newcomers to spend theo in the 10+1 pack instead of coins (which allows you to buy more relics and get a greater chance of getting "the good stuff", you can check for yourself on my other post "Excel with useful info"), claming that although statistics would suggest you to go for coins + relics for the cabinet, the game is somewhat rigged towards "Non-free-to-play" players, and that the odds declared in the game aren't real.
I don't buy it, given that most of the good stuff i got wasn't from payed relics ( i buy most of my relics from the cabinet) and given that the odds are so low, it is difficult to convince people that the devs don't lie on this subject, which is a shame, given that the devs have always been transparent and have always shown care and respect for this community.
If only there was a test to verify the validity of the odds declared in the game...
OH WAIT, THERE IS!
The test is called Chi-squared test and it's a statistical tool that allows you to analyze expected outcome vs real outcome.
So, what i did is a simple excel file (link at the end of the post) that allows you to check for yourself if it is statistically safe to say that the odds are rigged agains relics bought from the cabinet vs those bought with theo.
The excel file is divided in two identical categories ( one where you input relics you got from cabinet or from events, and the other for payed stuff). It requires you to input how many relics for each type of relic you got, and the outcome of those relics ( simply count how many bronzes, silvers, golds and dias you got after opening the relics, and it will tell you if it looks rigged from a statistical point of view.
As anything that has to do with statistics, it works better if you have a large sample ( say, hundreds of relics).
Ofc you can just keep it on the side and "update it" everytime you open new relics, and thus growing your sample.
That's all i had to say. To use the excel file make a copy of it and use it as you like.
You can also post your results if you want, although it will be hard to verify your claims without a video of you opening the relics to back it up.
Enjoy!
Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xfl4LWCZFfp8fjZOlvDOfepi293ldQJHOkbdPmvc12Y/edit?usp=sharing

edit: Added a direct link ( i couldn't before)

I wouldn't have bought any of that anyway. Not only would it be incredibly hostile game design, it would also be quite literally illegal in some of the places this game operates.

I think you misunderstand the 10+1 buy vs. Cabinet relics advice. It's not about better/worse odds, just prioritizing resources and using them efficiently.

In the early game coins (and skill points) should go towards leveling up Characters and moves. Other than 10+1 Premiere relics, there isn't much to spend Theo on. And buying the 10+1 gives newbies double odds on that 11th relic (which is most likely a silver anyway). If nothing else it gives them more skill points (by leveling up dupe bronzes) and then using dupes to evolve their invested bronzes to silver.

Other long time players (myself included) have already crunched the numbers with Cabinet Premiere relics. You can buy way more relics with coins vs. theo (if using theo to buy coins), but the trade off is time, since relics in the cabinet appear randomly. (I've had 3 at once but then go days with none) .

Yes, you won't get that 11th bonus relic but statically by opening 2-3 times more relics, you should hit more golds and diamonds vs the 10+1.

There's no rigging of odds if buying relics for theo vs. coins. It's a matter of the player's priorities.

Like evilgordo said, giving new players the advice of buying 10+1 relics is about spending resources wisely. New characters need to be invested in with coins and, while spending theo on coins is an option for new players, is definitely not a wise choice. In early game, priority is expanding a players collection. Investing in a few characters is wise, but expanding as quickly as possible allows new players not only to get the feel for each playstyle, but help in completing story missions and building a decent defence for prize fights. It also allows them to understand the ways in which different signature abilities work (e.g. buff removing, buff gaining, increase in damage etc.).

If there was always a guaranteed fighter relic in the CoC, then maybe that advice may change. However, as there is not guaranteed relics in every CoC opening, its better to save theo and get 10+1 as it's a lot faster.