• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

As a beginner, how do you deal with unflinching?

Papyrus1910

Reaction score
Unflinching has got to be one of the most annoying buffs in the game when your opponent is the one who's having it. When it's a Cerebella, you almost have no chance fighting against her, as whenever you try to throw her, you just get staggered and killed instead.
So how do you deal with it safely without the need of one specific gold character?

Last edited:
Unflinching has got to be one of the most annoying buffs in the game when your opponent is the one who's having it. When it's a Cerebella, you almost have no chance fighting against her, as whenever you try to throw her, you just get staggered and killed instead.
So how do you deal with it safely without the need of one specific character?
Hmm this is kind of a tricky question. Without using specific characters I’d say that just dashing back (doesn’t have to be a fillia) and blocking can effectively reduce the unflinching timer for a bit. Since of course you have Peacock cause she’s the first one everyone gets you can use her Charecter Ability by swiping down twice to go into the ground and avoid fighters for a bit. Even though you didn’t want this, if you happen to have doublishious or Decreypted Eliza there SAs are some of the best I think for removing debuff- that and they are Silver and bronze so there easier to obtain- hope this helped in some way!

Hmm this is kind of a tricky question. Without using specific characters I’d say that just dashing back (doesn’t have to be a fillia) and blocking can effectively reduce the unflinching timer for a bit. Since of course you have Peacock cause she’s the first one everyone gets you can use her Charecter Ability by swiping down twice to go into the ground and avoid fighters for a bit. Even though you didn’t want this, if you happen to have doublishious or Decreypted Eliza there SAs are some of the best I think for removing debuff- that and they are Silver and bronze so there easier to obtain- hope this helped in some way!
Sorry for making the question too tricky :) I just didn't have that much gold characters, so... I edited the question! Really appreciate your answer, too, it was super helpful!

You can use blockbusters since they are not affected by unflinching, only normal combos and specials moves are to my knowledge. There’s also command grabs like Merry-Go-Rilla and Wulfshot to ignores that buff. So if there’s an opening the enemy gives themself like a launcher on block, you can punish it.

Reactions: Yomady and Psyche
1) Avoiding AF Cerbella like plague. Untouchable peacock is not as annoying.

2) Command grabs. Beowulf is especially good at this. If unflinching character is not the first in line, you can save up hype mode for them and throw them to death. You can probably also take Elisa and stack up on weight of anubis.

3) Hex (disables character SAs) and curse (disables buffs). In theory. In practice I think hex is pretty much character specific to red velvet and curse is harder to land for you than for them to get unflinching.

4) SK Val - she runs a good chance to remove unflinching with her SA. Also vals in general because triple countervenoms used as starters against unflinching. They hit hard, charge fast, launch enemies, allow followups and actively carry to the enemy corner making you some room to dash back.

5) Stun. Big band has a lot of stun options that can be nearly infinitely chained together with BBs because long air time, but if the enemy has stun resistance it may backfire.

6) Also PF Filia. As a bonus Filias can safely backdash from sudden unflinching. But Filia tends to get cornered against them. But she has Gregor Samson and Drill to move forward and in the latter case to strip unflinching.

7) Doublicious has a chance to steal buffs on hit, so who's unflinching now, eh?

So how do you deal with it safely without the need of one specific gold character?
Jump back slowly dragging her to the side of the screen (unless she uses a tier 3 unblockable blockbuster or diamonds are forever) slowly and careful blocking then just watch the meter go down a little...

If you're to close just go for throws if you have the time the tank should be empty? Use Harlequin she wrecks Armed Forces really easily if you play her correctly?

tumblr_inline_mk0v0tYAS71qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:

Use fighters that focus on debuffs such as:
Painwheel, with her many bleed focused points such as moves like Cruel Lily, Death Crawl, Violet Grudge and some non-gold variants' SAs such as Rusty with her being able to apply plenty of bleed if you're lucky.
Squigly, with her being able to cause wither and remove buffs. Wither ensures AF and RE won't get away with free BB charges from blocked hits with wither such as Battle Opera, Inferno of Leviathan and Ashes to Ashes. Silver Chord (which actually steals buffs) and Drag N Bite destroys every buff that comes in their way.

Last edited:
These are all great answers. However, if none of these character specific options are available to you, try using your launcher at the beginning of your tap combo. Mid air combos aren't really affected by unflinching and the knockback from the last hit will increase the space between you and your opponent, which you can use to flee while you wait for their buff to expire.