• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Balance change suggestions of Ultraviolent, G.I.jazz, and Risky Ginger

Aoskull

Reaction score
Here are my suggestions of balance changes for three fighters.

Ultraviolent🟣

Signature1:When Peacock shoots projectile, 50% chance to ignore ARMOR and gain DEADEYE for 7 seconds.

Signature2: All projectiles Inflict 50% bonus damage against opponents with ARMOR, UNFLINCHING, EVASION, THORNS and AUTO-BLOCK.

• Since the effect of ignoring defense has something in common with deadeye, current situation is that deadeye can be used as a substitute for Ultraviolent really easily. Also, signature2 has really limited effects, so there are very few opportunities to utilize it.
• By allowing her to use deadeye and deal bonus damage to opponents that meet the deadeye conditions while maintaining the strength of being able to penetrate armor, it is hoped that she will be able to fight even more aggressively than before.

G.I.jazz 🟢

Signature1: Once per match, Gain 5 stacks of REGEN and 3 stacks of ARMOR for 10 seconds when falling below 25% health.

Signature2: While benefiting from REGEN or ARMOR, SPECIAL COOLDOWN is reduced by 30% and gain 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second.

• Currently, signature 1 and 2 have different effects, but the activation conditions are exactly the same, which gives a very wasteful impression. By combining 2 effects, it will allow him to redesign the signature2.
• Signature2 is effective during regen and armor, making it easier to repeat burst and BBs. He could be a good defender with Model Leader, Surgeon General, etc.

Risky Ginger 🔴

• Signature1: Inflict DEATH MARK for 15 seconds and gain permanent ENRAGE when hitting a dashing opponent. All ENRAGE is removed when Parasoul tags out.

• Signature2: When reaches 3,4,5 stacks of ENRAGE, inflict 1 stack of permanent GUARD BREAK each. All GUARD BREAK is removed when Parasoul tags out or defeated.

•Currently, signature1 is difficult to activate, and even if you accumulate the enrage stack, it will be removed when you block an attack. It means that her performance is designed for very advanced users, not beginners. However, I believe that all fighters should be easy for everyone to handle. (There are some difficult fighters like Blue Streak, but many of these fighter’s signatures can often be covered by their own abilities or other fighters)
•By making it possible to gain permanent enrage and relax the condition for remove it, it will be much easier to stack your enrage stack. In addition, signature2 has been completely redesigned and can now inflict up to 3 permanent guard breaks. As a result, BB will no longer be guaranteed to be unblockable, but you will have a chance to make it unblockable with normal attacks, and even if the opponent tags out, the guard break will remain on.
•All effects will disappear when you tags out or defeated, so you still need to use a "risky" fighting style.

Once again, great tweaks that bring these three more on par with others but not OP. Bravo, please keep these coming so Devs can reference or even credit you!

Reactions: Aoskull
The Peacock rework is actually pretty good; it might make that variant less ignored than it already is.

The GiJazz buff kinda makes him viable, if it gets applied it will make him the less useful variant in game RN, and also the #NerfGiJazz would have fulfilled its purpose.

Hey nice post, here are my thoughts.

Ultraviolent seems good to me

It is really tough to make GI JAZZ's kit to work, even after your buffs he is incredibly easy to counter with buff removals and curse. He might require some drastic changes to his kit.

I think the actual tweak Risky Ginger needs is changing "when hitting a dashing opponent" to "when interrupting an opponent".

Reactions: Aoskull
Hey nice post, here are my thoughts.

Ultraviolent seems good to me

It is really tough to make GI JAZZ's kit to work, even after your buffs he is incredibly easy to counter with buff removals and curse. He might require some drastic changes to his kit.

I think the actual tweak Risky Ginger needs is changing "when hitting a dashing opponent" to "when interrupting an opponent".
Thank you for your comment!😊

• Well, yes, It was veeeeery difficult to think about G.I.jazz’s signature2. My ideal adjustment would be to combine his two strengths, regen and armor, into signature1, and redesign his signature2 to bring it in line with other golds. If you guys have better ideas, please post it for the future of him!

• And for Ginger, I think it is a good idea! However, if I incorporate your idea into my suggestions, she will definitely become OP, so it need to make some changes. Here is my second suggestion.

Risky Ginger (2nd) 🔴
• Signature1: When hitting an attacking opponent, inflict DEATH MARK for 7 seconds and gain 1 stack of permanent ENRAGE. All ENRAGE is removed when Parasoul was KNOCKED DOWN or TAGS OUT.
• Signature2: When reaches 3,4,5 stacks of ENRAGE, inflict 1 stack of permanent GUARD BREAK each. All GUARD BREAK is removed when Parasoul was KNOCKED DOWN or TAGS OUT.

• Further relaxed the conditions for enrage.
• Reduced the duration of death mark and changed the removal condition of the enrage to ”knock down or tag out”.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the vagueness in my wording. I wasn't talking about your Risky Ginger but the current one. I'm checking your 2nd version of it now... I think KNOCKED DOWN can be way too unfair with how random the bursts are. And on top that you need to stack the enrages so I don't think it is going to work reliably if you are fighting against actual defenders who are equipped with bursts. Guard Break would make her weaker against defenders like Splitting Image and Dream Band so I think the live formula is decent but can see some improvements.

I think current one would feel better if they changed the "when HITTING a DASHING opponent" to "when INTERRUPTING an opponent". I think she is fine as she is intended to be right now but this QoL could enhance her gameplay and performance overall. For her current SA2 maybe some kind of utility could be added that encourages "the risky gameplay". So my version of Risky Ginger would be:

RISKY GINGER
SA1:
Inflict DEATH MARK for 10/12/15 seconds and gain ENRAGE when INTERRUPTING an opponent. A stack of ENRAGE is removed after each BLOCKED HIT.

SA2:
With at least 5/4/3 stacks of ENRAGE, BLOCKBUSTERS become UNBLOCKABLE and reset the timer of enemy DEBUFFS.

---

As for GI JAZZ he is in a tough spot. As the TANK of the game BIG BAND himself isn't that good of a defender. Though with the last rift update he got somewhat ok place in the meta. If we are sticking with his "Once per match" gimmick we gotta get him good stuff. So instead of being a constant threat, he is going to be a one time threat but a good one at that. He requires armor due to his personal catalyst and because he is air he can't utilize the armor-giving catalysts in rift so we have to give him a good armor source. Though once per match means a lotta stuff at the same time which would be just free real estate for some characters (shrek, dio etc.) but let's counter them with his SA2.

GI JAZZ
SA1:
Once per match, Remove all DEBUFFS, gain 3/4/5 stacks of PERMANENT REGEN and PERMANENT ARMOR when falling below 50% HEALTH. Each time Big Band is knocked down random two stacks of PERMANENT BUFF are removed.

SA2:
Also removes enemy BUFFS and inflicts HEX for 5/7/10 seconds. [EXTRA: When REGEN is hindered by any source it returns as damage to the opponent.]

Hex on SA2 is there to counter stand out and ogre achiever. You can hex big band before 50% HP if you don't want to deal with his gimmick. Tbh I dunno if precision hits activate his SA or not so I can't comment on that. Without the EXTRA part I added to the he is still quite easy to deal with but I'm not sure if he gets all these as a gold variant. "Any source" could be already maxed health, heal block and inverse polarity. Tbh balancing would be way easier if they just nerfed Eliza and buffed weaker characters xd

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the vagueness in my wording. I wasn't talking about your Risky Ginger but the current one. I'm checking your 2nd version of it now... I think KNOCKED DOWN can be way too unfair with how random the bursts are. And on top that you need to stack the enrages so I don't think it is going to work reliably if you are fighting against actual defenders who are equipped with bursts. Guard Break would make her weaker against defenders like Splitting Image and Dream Band so I think the live formula is decent but can see some improvements.

I think current one would feel better if they changed the "when HITTING a DASHING opponent" to "when INTERRUPTING an opponent". I think she is fine as she is intended to be right now but this QoL could enhance her gameplay and performance overall. For her current SA2 maybe some kind of utility could be added that encourages "the risky gameplay". So my version of Risky Ginger would be:

RISKY GINGER
SA1:
Inflict DEATH MARK for 10/12/15 seconds and gain ENRAGE when INTERRUPTING an opponent. A stack of ENRAGE is removed after each BLOCKED HIT.

SA2:
With at least 5/4/3 stacks of ENRAGE, BLOCKBUSTERS become UNBLOCKABLE and reset the timer of enemy DEBUFFS.

---

As for GI JAZZ he is in a tough spot. As the TANK of the game BIG BAND himself isn't that good of a defender. Though with the last rift update he got somewhat ok place in the meta. If we are sticking with his "Once per match" gimmick we gotta get him good stuff. So instead of being a constant threat, he is going to be a one time threat but a good one at that. He requires armor due to his personal catalyst and because he is air he can't utilize the armor-giving catalysts in rift so we have to give him a good armor source. Though once per match means a lotta stuff at the same time which would be just free real estate for some characters (shrek, dio etc.) but let's counter them with his SA2.

GI JAZZ
SA1:
Once per match, Remove all DEBUFFS, gain 3/4/5 stacks of PERMANENT REGEN and PERMANENT ARMOR when falling below 50% HEALTH. Each time Big Band is knocked down random two stacks of PERMANENT BUFF are removed.

SA2:
Also removes enemy BUFFS and inflicts HEX for 5/7/10 seconds. [EXTRA: When REGEN is hindered by any source it returns as damage to the opponent.]

Hex on SA2 is there to counter stand out and ogre achiever. You can hex big band before 50% HP if you don't want to deal with his gimmick. Tbh I dunno if precision hits activate his SA or not so I can't comment on that. Without the EXTRA part I added to the he is still quite easy to deal with but I'm not sure if he gets all these as a gold variant. "Any source" could be already maxed health, heal block and inverse polarity. Tbh balancing would be way easier if they just nerfed Eliza and buffed weaker characters xd
Nice! for Ginger, good, but she has Motor Brigade, it needs “except STUN or DOOM”.
For G.I.jazz, I think signature1 is kind of OP. Hex is certainly effective, but if you accidentally activate his ability, he will end up being a fortress. Needing to be knocked down 5 times to remove all buffs would be too strong on defense, especially rift. Check out my second suggestions.

G.I. jazz(2nd)🟢

Signature1: Once per match, Remove all DEBUFFS and gain 3/4/5 stacks of PERMANENT REGEN and PERMANENT ARMOR when falling below 50% HEALTH. each REGEN and ARMOR is removed each time he receives a 3-HIT COMBO.

Signature2: Also, remove enemy BUFFS and inflicts HEX for 5/7/10 seconds. While benefiting from regen or armor, SPECIAL COOLDOWN is reduced by 20% and gain 3% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second.

• All buffs can now be removed with a 15-hit combo. This will allow some other fighters and BBs to deal with it. Also, forcing combos has a synergistic effect with some catarists in rift. (If you are afraid of FUTILE RESISTANCE, use inverse polarity if you can)
• And as a follow-up, I mixed my previous idea into signature2. (weakened a little) This makes it easier to interrupt combos by burst and allows him to benefit from other supporters even after permanent buffs and hex are expired. This makes him easy to use on the offense side as well.

I don't want to get into a controversy, so I won't say anything more. Well, the fact remains that all decisions are left to the developer lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kheul