• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Best Characters for Cruising Through Low-Streak Prize FIghts

fanghoul

Reaction score
I was curious which characters everyone thought were the best for getting through the 0-10 streak for prize fights. I know everyone can crush those enemies easily but some seem to do it better than others, and I like getting through these fights as fast as possible.

Things that I find helpful: Fast high damage throws, a good forward dash, occasionally a projectile if they spawn far away.

So far my best contenders are in order:
Painwheel
Beowulf (his Wulf Shoot is particularly helpful)
Peacock
maybe Parasoul?

What are other people's thoughts?

I think the best characters would be the most inexpensive ones that can deal the most damage, since you want plenty of them. Bronzes and silvers are ideal for this, they're very cheap compared to golds. My thoughts on characters that can do this well, in no particular order:
  • Inkling (High damage with two in the back, if you have to tag out for any reason you can come back with enrage)
  • Cold Stones (Stun chance and high damage again)
  • Beat Box (Chain enrages with special moves)
  • Understudy (High damage command grabs make quick work of opponents)
  • Blood drive (enrage stack but risks dying)
  • Robocopy (snowballs hard with enrage stacks)
  • Bad hair day (Meh attack made up for with lots of bleed)
  • Oh Mai (Another enrage stack)
I'm sure I missed plenty, but these are off the top of my head.

The biggest time loss is when they start blocking so anything with good grabs/command grabs, or a charge attack that combos.

Double is very good at speeding things up. She has one of the most reliable throws in the game and her glass cannon nature isn't as big of a deal in the lower level fights so her damage is all you need.

Painwheel fits that same description but her natural combos are what you need to rely on.

Filia is also very solid because her combos into her level 1 blockbusters are very solid (for the 6-10 fights) and can make quick work of most of the cast.

As for bad choices:

Eliza - Her combos take a lot of time and she can take her time defeating her opponents if you're not good with her CA.

Big Band - Depending on the variation he doesn't have enough damage to speed up certain fights.

The biggest time loss is when they start blocking so anything with good grabs/command grabs, or a charge attack that combos.

This is why Painwheel and Beowulf are my favorites. Beowolf has a good number of moves that are throws, and Painwheel's throw combos with a bunch of her moves to deal more damage.

I know you’re focusing on low-investment characters, but Painwheel becomes even better at steamrolling low streak matches with unblockable charged attacks. Because it staggers instead of knocking dowm, you basically instawin on incoming enemies so long as they die in one combo. Nice option if you already have invested Painwheels and just want to recover from broken streaks as quickly and lazy as possible.

Reactions: fanghoul
i use filia and painwheel to speed things up, but you may cross to some enemy that has a BB3 and elemental adventage and can shatter the glass cannon. I use 1 fighter with a FS a little less then my enemy team and 2 fighters low level (i dont have many competitive fighters for the PFs). So if i lose with that fighter is 99% over for me

Hmm I mostly use my doublelicious double /rerun peacock and pair them with weak fighters.

Best characters for low prize streaks imo would be for double,cerebella,peacock,painwheel.

Reactions: Gamma Ray
For me, because I'm incredibly lazy and often want to reach the milestone rewards as soon as humanly possible, I don't really look at which character I use so much as I look at their fighter score. I am at a stage in the game where I have no more bronzes to level up and the only noticeable experience gain on silvers and golds happens above 10 streak, so I feel no shame using the three very strongest (statistically speaking) fighters I have available, which depends on the tier of prize fight I am challenging. For that reason I typically end up rolling with a team of Harlequin, Brain Freeze and Wulfsbane, who are all level 50 golds above 10K FS. This only really works for me because I often play in sub-10-minute bursts rather than prolonged sessions so firing off two matches where I'm allowed to be braindead – tapping and swiping almost randomly, because even if I am goofy enough to lose my frontline titan I have two more in reserve – is incredibly convenient, especially if I happen to be out and about.
Returning to the original point, if you're not sure why I pick maximum fighter scores, it's because the formula for calculating how many prize fight points you win at the end of the match is based around the total fighter score of both teams involved in the fight, and the higher they are, the more points you earn, regardless of which team that FS came from.

A good point, Psyche! After like 6 fights, there's a great range there where you're getting x3 scores but the fights are still trivially difficult.

I'm going to thank a couple people in this thread for recommending Double too! She (it?) has never been my favorite character, but trying it out, yeah that throw and the ability to smack people after throwing is a pretty good way of clearing through fights too, up there with Painwheel.