• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Big Band Evolution Question

MaverickSigma

Reaction score
I literally JUST evolved my Bronze Big Band (Bassline) to Silver tier a couple of hours ago. Did he get weaker? It seems like his defense has gone WAYYYYY down.

I literally JUST evolved my Bronze Big Band (Bassline) to Silver tier a couple of hours ago. Did he get weaker? It seems like his defense has gone WAYYYYY down.
When you evolve your units they get reset to level 1. Once you start levelling him up he'll surpass the bronze version in no time!

Reactions: MatDestruction
Yeah, tier-ups are pretty much resets. Your Bassline will come back to his big self as long as you level him. His tree will still be bronze, btw.

Yeah, tier-ups are pretty much resets. Your Bassline will come back to his big self as long as you level him. His tree will still be bronze, btw.
If that's the case, then what's the point of evolving the characters?

You would think that each character would have a greater baseline upon evolving them to a higher tier...

Reactions: MedK
If that's the case, then what's the point of evolving the characters?

You would think that each character would have a greater baseline upon evolving them to a higher tier...
The max level cap goes up and their base attack and health increases, resulting in a sizable growth to their max stats.

As Fel said, you pretty much just raise the bar for your fighter. Plus, they can enter higher tier fights.

And it's much cheaper to upgrade their fighter nodes as well, as the price and skill points required remains the same.

Essentially what everyone else said. Evolution isn't like a skill tree upgrade where you unlock it with a key and buy it, it's more like a 'new game+' for the fighter.
Honestly, it sounds like you've simply ignored this table that came up right before you evolved your Bassline from bronze to silver.

unknown.png

Reading this carefully would have told you exactly what was going to happen to him.

On a side note, no, his defence did not go down because that's not how the defence stat works in this game. Defence is a percentage damage reduction capped at 50% and defence can only be increased through permanent, irreversible upgrades and stat modules on gear which can only be removed manually and is not unequipped while evolving.

Essentially what everyone else said. Evolution isn't like a skill tree upgrade where you unlock it with a key and buy it, it's more like a 'new game+' for the fighter.
Honestly, it sounds like you've simply ignored this table that came up right before you evolved your Bassline from bronze to silver.

unknown.png

Reading this carefully would have told you exactly what was going to happen to him.

On a side note, no, his defence did not go down because that's not how the defence stat works in this game. Defence is a percentage damage reduction capped at 50% and defence can only be increased through permanent, irreversible upgrades and stat modules on gear which can only be removed manually and is not unequipped while evolving.

You're right. I kind of overlooked that table.