• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Big Band Moveset Rework

7evan

Reaction score
Ok so I've had this in mind for a couple of months now but was too lazy to get back into the forums and post suggestions about it. But to put it bluntly, I wish Big Band had more offensive merit. I know he's designed to be a tank firstmost, but it's sad to see that Big Band was a better offensive character in the original fighting game than in the mobile spin-off. So I have a couple of suggestions I would like to put forth that could make the character a little more fun to use.

1. Rework Brass knuckles. In 2e this was Big Band's signature move, as not only could you control the whole screen with an armored punch but also be able to combo off of it. All 3 are aspects that are missing in its mobile counterpart, which is just a punch kinda. The move could be reworked so that it could function similarly as Cerebellas battle butt, and also lead into combos (plus as an extra maybe do something else other than bleed, that's boring)

2. Rework take the a train. One word: inconsistent. The move doesn't connect very well unless you specifically do it from the ground, as well as have a lackluster range. Another potential rework could be making it like brass knuckles where it lunges forward and has it tracking the opponent (you could also make it super cancellable like in the 2e since it was originally a special move, which could lead into cooler combos). But consistency should be the first issue that should be fixed.

3. Include the powered up Super-Sonic Jazz. In 2e it was possible after taunting, Super-Sonic Jazz and tympany overdrive could be powered up and do more damage. The powered-up tympany drive is already in the game but powered-up Super-Sonic Jazz isn't. This could be implemented like in the original fighting game where you taunt and it gets powered up, or have it be linked to somewhere else like the Prestige ability or something. Or just make it his default blockbuster with an option to have the tuba tuba at the end or not.

4. Make beat extend a special move. This is just a personal gripe of mine, but I think all the characters with existing DP's should also have them also in the mobile version (filia, cerebella, etc). And seeing as how DP's are special moves, I feel that Beat extend should also be one. Now if the lack of blockbusters to replace the move is the problem, you could downgrade strike up the band to take its place, seeing that already a couple of characters only have 1 unblockable blockbuster. I just think it would be cool if the characters that already have DP's have them in this game too.

I still have some other suggestions for Big Band as well (make his TUBA TUBA faster like in 2e, make his moves have other effects other than stun and armor, let him do specials in the air, etc), but I feel like the above 4 were the most important to address (at least to me). Honestly, I doubt that these suggestions will be read and actually put into the game, but seeing how other characters' blockbusters and moves are being updated (Valentine and Filia), it gives me a semblance of hope the same will be done to Big Band as well.