• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Black Dahlia - Dame Slayer: Signature Abilities [Rework]

SvenS2

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, or I should do it in the dedicated Dahlia channel. If that is the case, please either move this post, or close it and I'll repost there. Now on to the suggestion and reasoning behind it:

Reason for the rework suggestion
Dame Slayer is right now a one and done situation. After her initial reload she doesn't offer much else. Sure, her Lightning shots will still deal bonus damage and reduce enemy meter on hit, however past your first reload you'll get consistently only 1 shot or 2 if you're lucky. The Doom aspect is also not her biggest strength, and shouldn't be the forefront focus. As of right now, she's the only Dahlia with the gimmick that gives her a full round of X ammo type. Luckily it's the lightning shot, which is one of the most fun, versatile and generally most damaging. What this rework aims to do is give Dame Slayer more flexibility with her game plan, past the point of her first reload.

Signature Ability 1
On first reload, and every 2nd other after that, will give Dahlia a full chamber of 6 lightning shots. Lightning shots deal 25/50/100% bonus damage.
Dame Slayer ammo rework.png

Signature Ability 2
Dahlia inflict DOOM for 30/25/20 seconds and causes the opponents to instantly loose 30/45/60% Blockbuster Meter. DOOM is removed if Black Dahlia TAGS OUT or is defeated.

On the surface, it may look like a big nerf to SA: 1, because it no longer has the DOOM effect. However, you will benefit from the bonus to lightning shots earlier and will have a lot more opportunities to use a full chamber of 6 lightning shots. They are imo what carry this variant and what makes it fun. Removing the blockbuster meter removal on hit from shots is necessary, in order to make her having a more consistent access to them more balanced.

SA 2 on the other hand should retain her one and done aspect. She's a silver after all and I don't think giving her a busted DOOM condition would be fair. Her having to commit to it, seems fine to me. However, in order to make it more impactful, we're attaching the Blockbuster meter removal aspect here. Yes, it's technically weaker compared to the old version, which on 6 successful hits will remove a total of 90% meter. Difference here is that the effect is instant, allowing you to instantly benefit from it. Opposed to the current version, where you can get hit by a Blockbuster, the moment you hit reload and not even get to utilize any of the shots if you end up dying
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can ramble on more, but I'd like to hear your opinions first. Do you think this blurf is warranted, or do you think her current state is fine as it is?

Reactions: BallotBoxer